Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want a three-way where the Suns get Siakam, the third team is trying to get younger with Ayton, and Toronto gets whatever.
What are we doing at center after that?

We are not trading Ayton at this point. It's really obvious.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was thinking Siakam, but you're right, that probably wouldn't work.

I agree.
Yeah, we would have to go two for one there and get a serviceable center back. However, I see where you are going with this, KD, Book, Beal, Siakem, and (Insert random center here). Kinda shifting chairs on the Titanic, though. Ayton, as much as we don't like him, is still a serviceable center. Had we picked up anyone a level above Eubanks, I would be all in on that Siakem move.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are going to give Ayton a go with Frank and see how it goes. It could change during the season but unless someone comes with a trade you can't refuse? Ayton isn't going anywhere barring some catastrophic player vs organization situation.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
There wasn't always animosity between the two and Monty wasn't the only one to blame. Both Ayton and James Jones deserve some blame for that relationship breaking down. Jones should have been the mediator.
Nobody will put 100% of the blame on Monty, but he clearly was in the wrong by not reaching out to Ayton after he signed his new deal, and for not making an effort to communicate with Ayton over the summer.

There is no excuse for that - Monty is the leader of the team!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, at least he's not sitting around doing nothing like some here think...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s a damn good starting lineup for a non-US team

That's a lottery team vying for the #1 pick. Most European teams are much better. Ayton should be their best player, which doesn't speak highly of the talent there. Hield and Gordon are shooters and Sixth Men. Kai Jones has potential but hasn't done anything yet.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's a lottery team vying for the #1 pick. Most European teams are much better. Ayton should be their best player, which doesn't speak highly of the talent there. Hield and Gordon are shooters and Sixth Men. Kai Jones has potential but hasn't done anything yet.
Dude, they come from a country with a population of roughly 400k people. For that country to be able to put out 4 legit NBA players is pretty impressive...

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, they come from a country with a population of roughly 400k people. For that country to be able to put out 4 legit NBA players is pretty impressive...

That is impressive when you look at it that way but that wasn't what said. Comparing their talent to other non-US national teams they're still lacking.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That is impressive when you look at it that way but that wasn't what said. Comparing their talent to other non-US national teams they're still lacking.
Obviously some countries can put together a better lineup, but there aren't all that many that could. I would venture to guess that the Bahamas can put up one of the 10 or so best lineups in the world.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope they lose early cause we need EG’s legs fresh.

Agreed.

I wish I didn’t know this was even happening. 2 of our top 5 guys in a meaningless tournament. Best case; Ayton dominates some scrawny guys and gets a thirst and Gordon forgets his passport and can’t make it.

I also hate these clips of Durant playing pick up games with scrubs. Chill out dude! He might have four fully healthy months in a calendar year, don’t waste them teaching some ass players from the Rockets a mid range jumper.

Booker chilling in the Mediterranean… that is what I want my established stars to do in the offseason.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's get it done, Deandre, for the Bahamian National Team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Agreed.

I wish I didn’t know this was even happening. 2 of our top 5 guys in a meaningless tournament. Best case; Ayton dominates some scrawny guys and gets a thirst and Gordon forgets his passport and can’t make it.

I also hate these clips of Durant playing pick up games with scrubs. Chill out dude! He might have four fully healthy months in a calendar year, don’t waste them teaching some ass players from the Rockets a mid range jumper.

Booker chilling in the Mediterranean… that is what I want my established stars to do in the offseason.
Meaningless tournament? They are trying to qualify their country for the Olympics next year. It has plenty of meaning for the players involved.

As to pickup games that is extremely common for players to stay in shape and work on things that they want to improve. They can't just sit on their ass with no competitive play for like 5 months.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Meaningless tournament? They are trying to qualify their country for the Olympics next year. It has plenty of meaning for the players involved.

As to pickup games that is extremely common for players to stay in shape and work on things that they want to improve. They can't just sit on their ass with no competitive play for like 5 months.
Booker used to make great use of those pickup games working on his game.