• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s in crazy shape. But am I the only one who thinks he looks too skinny?
You are not. He looks more like a small forward than a center now. He looks even less prepared to bang with the bigs down low. He's really going to need to learn how to box out properly as just jumping over guys isn't going to be enough.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You are not. He looks more like a small forward than a center now. He looks even less prepared to bang with the bigs down low. He's really going to need to learn how to box out properly as just jumping over guys isn't going to be enough.
He's plenty big. If he indeed is in better shape, he'll be better prepared to box out/block shots/do the dirty work.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's plenty big. If he indeed is in better shape, he'll be better prepared to box out/block shots/do the dirty work.
Prepared (and equipped) is much different than actually doing it. Hoping for the best.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah. I wouldn't go that far. He is VERY lean though. Maybe a little too much so.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. I wouldn't go that far. He is VERY lean though. Maybe a little too much so.
Yeah, you're right. He's still taller than most SFs. But I do contend he has the body of one. He is very lean and ripped. I can only dream to look like that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He is lean and so is Doncic. What are these guys taking? :lol:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Ayton with 22 & 10 on 10/14 shooting in 25 minutes against Cuba. That Bahamas team looks pretty good. Beat Cuba 109-68.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ayton is going to be soft regardless so I’d rather he be more explosive than bulky. I love the look of his frame right now. Just run the floor, finish lobs and move his feet on defense and that’s all we need. If he’s an elite role player we’re golden.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
He probably wants to play the 3, man he sucks

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posts like this are why some fans will never like DA. Ever.
I get it but at the same time he is not wrong. You really can't judge anything he does until it's against NBA talent. Although, I truly hope he comes in a different player this year. We need him to be.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I get it but at the same time he is not wrong. You really can't judge anything he does until it's against NBA talent. Although, I truly hope he comes in a different player this year. We need him to be.
I don't know, the fact that he is aggressive and showing quick foot speed looks pretty good to me -- better against inferior talent than in a shootaround in an empty gym.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My most pressing issue with Ayton other than ball control is doesn’t seem to know what he want to do with the ball when he gets a pass. There seems to be a moment of pause before executing. Great players are anticipating the ball with a plan of execution already in place. Hesitation in the NBA is a killer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, the fact that he is aggressive and showing quick foot speed looks pretty good to me -- better against inferior talent than in a shootaround in an empty gym.
True but if he didn't already display some skills with inferior talent (college) he never would have bee drafted to begin with. Don't get me wrong, if he is putting in the work I give him all the credit in the world. I just won't judge the results until it's against NBA talent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
True but if he didn't already display some skills with inferior talent (college) he never would have bee drafted to begin with. Don't get me wrong, if he is putting in the work I give him all the credit in the world. I just won't judge the results until it's against NBA talent.
I think the college comparison isn’t very valid anymore since it’s been so long. I’m looking at last season where most of the time it looked like he was running in molasses.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the college comparison isn’t very valid anymore since it’s been so long. I’m looking at last season where most of the time it looked like he was running in molasses.
Oh I agree. Was just using that as a comparison to evaluating someone's skills. Teams draft players based on what they see in college but ultimately it doesn't always translate when put up against NBA talent. Same thing applies if you see someone dominating vastly inferior talent in the offseason.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05