ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apparently these are the 3 obtainable goals Ayton should focus on

1) Don't care about how many touches he gets
2) Best defensive rating of his career
3) Become an NBA All Star

That's all! Easy peasy, right?
The first two are, the third one is highly unlikely even if he plays like an all star this season. Too many other stars on this team and too much reputation baggage to overcome in one season.

Chances are we'll see more of the same with DA, hopefully though it will be more of the same of the two years that preceded his mail-in performance of last year. At least then he can recoup a little of his trade value around the league.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first two are, the third one is highly unlikely even if he plays like an all star this season. Too many other stars on this team and too much reputation baggage to overcome in one season.

Chances are we'll see more of the same with DA, hopefully though it will be more of the same of the two years that preceded his mail-in performance of last year. At least then he can recoup a little of his trade value around the league.
First one for sure. The second one not sure I agree with. He needs to be good for sure but the best of his career? Not so sure. That last one I don't want him even thinking about. Dude is easily distracted without worrying about an individual accomplishment of becoming an all-star. It's not happening anyway. I will take extra focus on being more consistent this season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey is hinting Phoenix could be the mystery team that could help get some trades done.

There is only one player on the Suns I know that fits this description.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Flex From Jersey is hinting Phoenix could be the mystery team that could help get some trades done.

Actually seeing these rumors start with DroppingDimes twitter feed. They were talking about it on the radio. Today the Pacers gave Buddy Heild the OK to look for a trade since the talks about him extending with the Pacers are breaking down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually seeing these rumors start with DroppingDimes twitter feed. They were talking about it on the radio. Today the Pacers gave Buddy Heild the OK to look for a trade since the talks about him extending with the Pacers are breaking down.

I've seen hints here and there with other sources. I'm not familiar with DroppingDimes. Do you have a twitter link?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this at Leezus.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw this at Leezus.

I'd be interested in Vucevic but he just signed an extension and I don't believe he can be dealt until December 15th. Something like him and Patrick Williams for Ayton would be fine, IMO. I doubt the Bulls are waiting for the season to start though.

All Portland has is Nurkic and while not terrible he's no more than a secondary piece. We'd need something much better than him to make it happen.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

“Could.” Flex drives me nuts with these suppositions. I “could” be making love to Kate Upton if Justin Verlander isn’t meeting her needs

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Could.” Flex drives me nuts with these suppositions. I “could” be making love to Kate Upton if Justin Verlander isn’t meeting her needs
I give Flex credit for being more in tune with his language now. He almost always leaves himself wiggle room now after getting burned multiple times and deleting Tweets on multiple occasions. That way he has built in excuses when things don't materialize.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I give Flex credit for being more in tune with his language now. He almost always leaves himself wiggle room now after getting burned multiple times and deleting Tweets on multiple occasions. That way he has built in excuses when things don't materialize.
The information is no better, he's just better at CYA!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in Vucevic but he just signed an extension and I don't believe he can be dealt until December 15th. Something like him and Patrick Williams for Ayton would be fine, IMO. I doubt the Bulls are waiting for the season to start though.

All Portland has is Nurkic and while not terrible he's no more than a secondary piece. We'd need something much better than him to make it happen.

I wouldn't count on Nurkic staying healthy so I'd want a lot more in a trade with Portland.

It's hard to believe the Bulls would give up both Vucevic and Patrick Williams for Ayton.

Williams is the primary piece I would want in the trade as I believe he has the potential to keep improving.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read on twitter this morning a possible deal is Nurkic and Caleb Martin for Ayton as part of the Dame deal.

I like Caleb Martin, but I don't like Nurkic at all. To me that would not be a good trade for the Suns.

I mean maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Bates Diop or Yuta can do 80% of what Caleb Martin can do, but Nurkic if we are lucky would be 50% as good as Ayton - and that's if he stayed healthy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

meh this has already been discussed on Locked on Suns. Suns have been too good at almost keeping things completely internal.

But it looks like one or the other has had enough, Ayton or Suns.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Problem is I don't know how they value him. They may not think they are selling low - but the fans might.
I can assure you he isn't going for that crap package.

Ayton is more valuable to us than any of the joke ideas we've heard before. Wait until people see the next round of contracts...JJJ at 63M per year? The Ayton contract will be a bargain comparatively:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is I don't know how they value him. They may not think they are selling low - but the fans might.

How I view it, I don't want the Suns to give Ayton away in more or less a salary dump. I'd want useable players or picks in return.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh this has already been discussed on Locked on Suns. Suns have been too good at almost keeping things completely internal.

But it looks like one or the other has had enough, Ayton or Suns.

I doubt there is much insider information out there. It's all about people sharing opinions. The season is drawing closer and there are leftover summer trades that didn't get completed.

It's one of the opportune times for trades to happen, along with December 15th (when signed summer free agents can be traded) and the trade deadline.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see anything here that includes Ayton that makes sense to me.

Unless there are significant picks in the compensation. But with the apron thing, do picks you trade for go to the end of the first round as well?

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There would have to be several picks coming back to the Suns for any deal of Nurkic for Ayton. The dude misses 1/3 of the season every year

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22