Should we carry four QBs this year?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Whoa, cool your jets, joe. I'm not arguing with you, just throwing out some names of NFLE players.

But, since you seem to be itching for some confrontation, I will take exception to your original statement:

My original statement was confrontational. :confused:

If you say so.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Only if we bring in Tupa and cut Player. :wave:
Say what you will about Tupa, the man is the picture of versitile.

...please God, don't ever let anyone wearing two different colored shoes QB the Cardinals again...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I would contend that 99% of the players in the NFLE were never heard from to begin with, so it would be impossible for them to be heard from "again." I think it's rare to send over a player with even a modicum of acclaim like Navarre to Europe. NFL tars may rise out of NFLE once in a blue moon, but it's even more rare for someone that was expected to play at a high level in the NFL to go there and "die."

Nobodies can become somebodies in NFLE, but rarely do somebodies go there and become nobodies.

Ok then I will redo my original statement.

" IMO 99% of the time Europe is where NFL players go to end there short NFL careers."

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
My original statement was confrontational. :confused:

If you say so.
Not confrontaional in and of itself, I just wasn't arguing with your assesment of the rarity of players developing in NFLE. Maybe confrontational was too strong, sorry.:shrug: ...(seriously: sorry)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Ok then I will redo my original statement.

" IMO 99% of the time Europe is where NFL players go to end there short NFL careers."
"thier" :bimmed:

;)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Not confrontaional in and of itself, I just wasn't arguing with your assesment of the rarity of players developing in NFLE. Maybe confrontational was too strong, sorry.:shrug: ...(seriously: sorry)
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.....HAHA!

:D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Well I wasnt arguing with you either.

So I guess we are arguing about nothing then.

That is the best type of arguing IMO. :D

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know what the facination with Preston Parsons is. I have watched him in camp and he has a decent arm, isn't extremely mobile...
Two things -

1. Reports from Nidan, Skkorp and others from Camp saying he was throwing better than McCown and (I believe) Blake.

2. During the one quarter of preseason quarterbacking they allowed him to do late last summer, he lit things up when no one else at QB could get the team moving.

One quarter's worth of play does not a Hall of Famer make, but I've always ascribed to the adage that "if the dude did it once, he can do it again and can be trained to do it consistently.

At the very least, I'd like to see a whole lot more of Parsons than we have to date.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Well I wasnt arguing with you either.

So I guess we are arguing about nothing then.

That is the best type of arguing IMO. :D

OK..so we have come to the conclusion that the both of you agree to argue about the fact that you aren't arguing? You also agree to not confront each other on the fact that you are both being confontaional?

Is that correct? :confused:

Oh and we have come to the fact that spell chek is needed... ;)

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
RUSM.

Navarre needs to beat out Parsons.

He'll probably beat out King.

If he beats out Josh....WIDS.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
sundevilscott said:
OK..so we have come to the conclusion that the both of you agree to argue about the fact that you aren't arguing? You also agree to not confront each other on the fact that you are both being confontaional?

Is that correct? :confused:

Oh and we have come to the fact that spell check is needed... ;)

Are you arguing and being confrontational with me. :hulk: :D

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
IMO 99% of the time Europe is where NFL players go to die and never be heard from again.

Doesn't the same apply for 3rd-string QBs, too?

Give Parson a chance to develop and he might turn into a solid back-up.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
BACH said:
Doesn't the same apply for 3rd-string QBs, too?

Give Parson a chance to develop and he might turn into a solid back-up.

As the NFL Europe is set up right now sending Parsons over there would have only hurt his chances of making this team. If he was over there he wouldnt be here learning the new offensive playbook and scheme, he wouldnt be gaining valuable coaching from real coaches that he is trying out for, he wont be here to gain valuable chemistry to his teammates and most importantly chemistry with his WR's, TE's and RB's. McCown, King, and Navarre would all have a huge jump on him while Parsons would be playing catch up the whole time, hence not having a real shot at making the team. That is why most players that go to Europe dont make there teams when they get back.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
Why is everyone sold on Shaun King? From everything i've heard he looks terrible in mini-camps. Why not take a look at Collins? And lets hope that it doesn't matter who our third string qb is because we will be in a world of hurt if it does.