abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mu...llery.nfl.midseason.draft.proj/content.1.html

1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
2. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
3. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
4. Sam Baker, T, USC
5. Tedd Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State
6. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
7. Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
8. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
9. Leon Hall, CD, Michigan
10. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

What position is "CD"............ Cross Dresser? If it helps the OL, I'm cool with that

Young Card

Veteran
Reaction score
Joe Thomas and Sam Baker both make sense. On defense I like Leon Hall who looks to be a shutdown corner. What about Justin Blalock? Is there a chance he could last until the early second round? I heard he would play guard and that could prevent him from going early. If so I would love for us to pick him up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to make a homer vote for CB Daymeion Hughes. hopefully he runs slow enough he slides to the 3rd round. What I like about Hughes is when the QB throws the ball to him, he not only catches it, he often scores.

tremendous instincts for the ball in the air, not the fastest CB in the world but he's quick and he seems to have much better change of direction ability than Rolle.

And for a really obscure name to watch for Dwight Lowery CB San Jose State.
Lowery is a Juco transfer who had 7 INT's in his first 4 college games, he leads the country in INT's right now with 8(one ahead of Hughes) and is already being talked about as an NFL prospect(he's a junior). The coaches at San Jose State say they knew by the 2nd game(3 picks in the game) that the kid was so good he might only be a 1 year player at SJS.

6'1" 185, haven't seen a 40 time listed on him but he apparently works out with ex NFL CB Eric Davis in the offseason and Davis insists he's going to play CB in the NFL for years. Head coach Dick Tomey says Lowery has the best hands and instincts of any CB he's ever coached.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nfl.midseason.draft.proj/content.1.html

1. Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
2. Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
3. Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
4. Sam Baker, T, USC
5. Tedd Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State
6. Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
7. Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
8. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
9. Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
10. Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

This is the fun part of Losing. how many other teams get to talk top 5 draft picks in October, Go Cards!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
is it wrong for me to salivate over the one player we will NOT draft . . . calvin? the dude just screams flyer to me. i know it makes ZERO sense to draft another WR (hello western version of the detroit lions), but man, his speed alongside fitz and quan . . . maybe we trade (dare i say it) fitz or quan for some stud oline help and draft calvin. he'd likely pair better with fitz/quan (the remainder) than they pair with one and other. the dudes a HUGE burner, right?

okay, i just woke up. that was a nightmare. draft ANOTHER WR in the first round? i think my bout with Millenitis is over . . . please let it be over . . .

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
is it wrong for me to salivate over the one player we will NOT draft . . . calvin? the dude just screams flyer to me. i know it makes ZERO sense to draft another WR (hello western version of the detroit lions), but man, his speed alongside fitz and quan . . . maybe we trade (dare i say it) fitz or quan for some stud oline help and draft calvin. he'd likely pair better with fitz/quan (the remainder) than they pair with one and other. the dudes a HUGE burner, right?

okay, i just woke up. that was a nightmare. draft ANOTHER WR in the first round? i think my bout with Millenitis is over . . . please let it be over . . .

Although tempting and remember that Denny drafted Moss when he had Chris Carter and Jake Reed (of course Denny won't be here next year), we have to bite the bullet and build the OL. IMO we won't get the first pick but will be picking in the top ten and maybe top five. There should be some good OL's there but we will know better when we see who comes out, workouts, etc. Damn I can't believe that I am already discussing the draft. It's tough being a Cardinal fan.:sad:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd take the Eric Dickerson clone - Adrian Peterson. No question. Although, Alan Branch is my sentimental favorite, being that he is from Albuquerque.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like Wisconsin players, but Thomas looks like he's gonna be our pick. I hope he isn't a bust. We could use a guy like he SHOULD be, and not one like he MIGHT be in the NFL.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i say draft baker in the first and rb micheal bush in the second. bush will give the cardinals size and speed at the runningback position. kind of a brandon jacob type back. he will pick up the short down yardage for the cardinals and break one for 50 yards. the knock on him is he went down with a leg injury in the first game louisville. i say keep him a cardinal.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing after first looking at the list. A burner whould be great for the offense.

After dreaming a bit, I would trade down with the first pick and take the shutdown corner in a minute. Move Rolle to safety. By next year Green would be the man with an up and coming shutdown corner along side him. We are so close to having a premier defense. Our offense could open up and wouldn't be hurt by mistakes. With a shutdown defense maybe we wouldn't play safe on offense when leading the game.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This mean we'll be drafting #8, just outside of getting one of two top OL.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
This draft has 2-3 players at both CB and OT rated in the bottom of the 1st round. So to me it doesn't really matter if we get a OT or CB with the first pick, because we can get the other position with our next pick.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I believe in BPA 100%...

That said, this team is dying because of that line. we have alot of skill players. We better take OL in round one & round two. We are desperate for oline and it's ok to admit it...

Put a line infront of Leinart & ANY RB can run the ball.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I cant' see Ted Ginn being a top 5 pick but he will probably be the fastest guy in the draft and the scouts love speed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards end up with a top 5 pick, it is trade it time.

Hear Hear

Nope. I take Baker or Thomas and try and shore up the line. You draft a tackle R1 and a C R2. The Jets have already greatly improved their line this year by drafting Ferguson and Mangold. Tackle and Center are easily the worst positions on our line. Shore these up and build for the future.

I'm not worried about drafting Peterson. It just wont happen. At least it better not happen.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
we need OT's more than anything... Ours suck & we have no backups.

We need to bring in two in F/A, and another 2 in the top of the draft.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards end up with a top 5 pick, it is trade it time.
Maybe...if we trade back but are still in the top-15 and take Long, the OT out of Michigan. Otherwise we need to take Thomas or Baker...or, get this: Adrian Peterson. Yup.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I think we have to go Tackle and CB, I really can't see the draft going any other way. I really like Thomas because of how quick he is, rather than just another fat Cardinal lineman, it is time to adapt to the NFL trend of quicker O-Lineman and he would be a great start. I would also love Landry (he was my guy last year) but I think Corner is a bigger need than S and that Rolle would probably be a better FS than CB.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have to go Tackle and CB, I really can't see the draft going any other way.
That's old-school Cardinals' thinking. That's drafting for need. That's not taking what the draft gives you. That's how you end up with Knight or Bryant and Pace.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have to go Tackle and CB, I really can't see the draft going any other way. I really like Thomas because of how quick he is, rather than just another fat Cardinal lineman, it is time to adapt to the NFL trend of quicker O-Lineman and he would be a great start. I would also love Landry (he was my guy last year) but I think Corner is a bigger need than S and that Rolle would probably be a better FS than CB.

It does look like there are at least 4 Tackles possibly in the draft who could help us, Thomas, Brown, Jake Long and Sam Baker. Baker said last month he is not interested in leaving USC early, but everyone says that early in their junior year but as the season wears on the lure of money changes a lot of minds.

I read something yesterday that said many NFL teams are projecting Fresno State C Kyle young as an NFL RT, that would be LT with us(Matt being a lefty) but that's how good they think he can be. CB is definitely a position of need and McCauley from Fresno State and Leon Hall of Michigan are generally considered the top rated CB's.

The 2 best players I've seen in the country this year are Peterson and Lynch, I only saw Calvin Johnson once and he got shut out but I've seen enough highlights to see why people love him too.