Slightly OT: Jared Allen

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Arguably, this guy is the best DE in the league and plays hard every snap. I'm watching the Viking/Lions game and watched him get low blocked by a lineman while in pursuit of the QB. His knee bent awkwardly and is in a lot of pain. Rather than lay on the ground and wait for the trainers to assist, he gets up and tries to pick a fight with the guy who clipped him, noticeably hobbling over to get him

I agree it was a low block, but this guy is a frickin' hot head. No wonder he's been fined tens of thousands of dollars this season and threatened suspension. Why does AW get the rap for being the dirtiest player in the league while this fool is around?

I hope he is ruled out or suspended for next week's game against us.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arguably, this guy is the best DE in the league and plays hard every snap. I'm watching the Viking/Lions game and watched him get low blocked by a lineman while in pursuit of the QB. His knee bent awkwardly and is in a lot of pain. Rather than lay on the ground and wait for the trainers to assist, he gets up and tries to pick a fight with the guy who clipped him, noticeably hobbling over to get him

I agree it was a low block, but this guy is a frickin' hot head. No wonder he's been fined tens of thousands of dollars this season and threatened suspension. Why does AW get the rap for being the dirtiest player in the league while this fool is around?

I hope he is ruled out or suspended for next week's game against us.

Rookie RT Gosder Cherilus placed his helmet in the side of his knee. That's insanely painful and has ended careers of men.

He gets a pass for charging at the guy who jacked him. I'm also surprised that as a victim he gets blasted.

As for comparing him to AW? It's a draw, both men have more "reputation" than ill intent. His DUI was stupid and potentially lethal. If the NFL wanted to ban for that? Fine.

*Update

Allen opens the half by forcing a fumble at the lions 1 yard line.
He appears to be motivated. Why he was matched up on a TE alone?
That's a question.
AZ needs to be concerned next week.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wish Allen would have beaten the crap out of the guy, injury or no. That was a chickencrap cheapshot, and that guy should have been ejected. I can personally say that helmets to knees are not legal and not fun.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Aikman had a great insight: What do you do against great pass rushers? Long snap count, get them jumping.

After that, the Lions busted pass pro and Allen got a sack.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Bump, I hope Gandy takes another shot at that bum knee.....take his roid raging ass out of this game

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Bump, I hope Gandy takes another shot at that bum knee.....take his roid raging ass out of this game

Real 'classy' statement right there....:thumbdown

Jared Allen is not a dirty player so for you to wish him bodily harm is just a disgrace. I hope he puts Warner on his butt all day long but don't want Kurt hurt in the process.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Real 'classy' statement right there....:thumbdown

Jared Allen is not a dirty player so for you to wish him bodily harm is just a disgrace. I hope he puts Warner on his butt all day long but don't want Kurt hurt in the process.

"Classy" statement directed at a "classy" guy. :sarcasm:

You are oblivious if you don't think he is a dirty player. Yes he plays with intensity, but we are talking about the same guy who has been fined almost six figures for cheap shots this season. Just ask Matt Schaub what he thinks of Allen.

Why dont you get your Vikings' horn out of your ass and go back to a Vikes board?

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
TJ UofA2004;1894176 Why dont you get your Vikings' horn out of your ass and go back to a Vikes board?[/quote said:
Keep the twisted fantasies to yourself you sick ass loser.

GO VIKES!

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rooster, don't let it bug you. You've been very civil here all week & I, for one enjoyed having you

That being said, Go CARDS

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Rooster, don't let it bug you. You've been very civil here all week & I, for one enjoyed having you

That being said, Go CARDS

Thanks! I have enjoyed being here. You (well most of you) are a good bunch of people.

Good luck in the playoffs. You still have a damn good bunch of receivers.