Snyder Cut

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cooper is already a big upgrade on College. Warford is on Snyder as well, imo. Kelemete will battle him for RG.

Maybe in a year or two, but not right now. Watford played for James Madison. He played in the Colonial Athletic Conference, for goodness's sakes.

Snyder was a long-time NFL veteran.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 43s
Adam Snyder is a June 1 cut, allows #AZCardinals to spread cap charge of $4m over 2 years

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of teams missed on Wilson though. Makes me wonder though if by mentioning it there was conversation around it with Wiz being against drafting him.

That is an interesting theory.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 43s
Adam Snyder is a June 1 cut, allows #AZCardinals to spread cap charge of $4m over 2 years

Unless we are planning on going a FEW more FA's, that does not make sense to me.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Adam Snyder

Horrible signing, to a horrible contact. I just remember the collective groan when he was signed, and for good reason.

He is cut, and it was well deserved based on his "play". Don't care to hear about how he was hurt, cause he was awful.

Cardinals keeping the streak alive of signing a free agent to an unmanageable contract and then having to cut him the next season, and it begs the question on how our guard situation just got worse, and worse and worse under Grimm. I guess it is an accomplishment when you start out with Reggie Wells, and Deuce Lutui, and get worse, and continually got worse.

Cooper, Massie....... the change over is starting....finally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I think KTAR is 100% wrong in their assessment of what this means.

I believe Daryn Colledge is going to play RG and be the weak link he has always been throughout his career, and play at the least important position on the line......that is if he beats out Senio Kelemete, and Earl Watford.

Cooper will be left guard. Why ? Cause that is where you put your best guard.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You save all of his accelerated signing bonus if you cut him now than if you cut him after the 2013 season. That's why you would consider cutting him now instead of after the year.

As for taking him to camp, it's a pretty big gamble that he's not going to get hurt and be impossible to cut in camp. With the money he's making, there's really no chance him agreeing to an injury settlement, and he played all of 2012 hurt.

I think the thought process is that he's not a scheme fit any longer, and he's not much of an upgrade over Chilo Rachal.

So I have it backwards then. You want to take the hit for dead money when you don't need cap space?

But I guess if the guy can't play no sense in keeping him around.

College, Snyder, Kolb and 3-15 plus 1-9 did in Graves and Whisenhunt.

By the way I saw where orhenberger joined CKW in San Diego.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wonder if there was a cultural element to this as well. I know Snyder and Colledge are good dudes, but they were extremely close too. It may have been difficult for a new rookie to come into that situation knowing he would be unseating one of them.

Colledge said on twitter (which looks like it has since been deleted) something to the effect of "Looks like people are challenging #snydedgebrownlein... Challenge accepted." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems to be a divisive comment, and not really welcoming to the rookies.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The roster on http://www.azcardinals.com/team/roster.html is up to date and shows us with 73 players on the rosters. Snyder is already off of it. How many do we normally take into Training Camp?

Edit *Nevermind, the UDFA are not on that page, so it is 73+16 for 89. That sounds much closer to Traning Camp numbers.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wonder if there was a cultural element to this as well. I know Snyder and Colledge are good dudes, but they were extremely close too. It may have been difficult for a new rookie to come into that situation knowing he would be unseating one of them.

Colledge said on twitter (which looks like it has since been deleted) something to the effect of "Looks like people are challenging #snydedgebrownlein... Challenge accepted." Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it seems to be a divisive comment, and not really welcoming to the rookies.

snydedgebrownlein sucks rotten eggs. It is one of, if not the worst set of interior linemen in football.

If they didn't expect to be "challenged" then those are some SKEWED linemen.

By the way, I hope they don't try to help Cooper along, Sendlein and Colledge are the last guys I have faith in that they know what they are doing. What are they going to teach ?

How to get driven back into your QB ?

How to pull in a running play and get stood up by a 230 lbs LB ?

How to completely mis-time and then whiff on screen passes ?

How to talk a better game then you play ?

How to answer every question with "Well, its a process" ?

Last edited:

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 1m
So cap saving for Snyder this yr is 3 mil. Take a 3 mil hit in 14, however

They must be thinking of doing something with the money they saved this year but we'll see.

Sleepy

Rookie
Reaction score
Adam Snyder: "Thank you Birdgang for the support. Most was positive. Unreal to me what people say on here. Why be so negative ?"

What a clown.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Didn't see this coming.

And again the question is why? Why not wait until camp? Is the savings any more cutting him now than in January of 2014 or August of 2013?

It doesn't even free up any cap space this year does it?

Cause he sucks that badly at playing football in the NFL.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Snyder: "Thank you Birdgang for the support. Most was positive. Unreal to me what people say on here. Why be so negative ?"

What a clown.

Why is he a clown? The guy was no good, but from all accounts, he was an excellent team mate and good guy.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think the thought process is that he's not a scheme fit any longer

Agreed.

That whole scheme of blocking someone, and playing "foot's ball".

Just plain terrible at his position.

I think it would be easier to find a scheme that he could fit in, then naming all the ones he doesn't fit into.

Maybe he can go block for Tebow in the Arena league.

Sleepy

Rookie
Reaction score
Why is he a clown? The guy was no good, but from all accounts, he was an excellent team mate and good guy.

He is a clown for asking why Cardinals fans are reacting in a negative way towards him, when he should already know why.

Snyder was an awful player who was signed to an awful contract and I am so glad to see him go.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 1m
So cap saving for Snyder this yr is 3 mil. Take a 3 mil hit in 14, however

They must be thinking of doing something with the money they saved this year but we'll see.
Casey Hampton and Dwight Freeney!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Agreed.

Nice guy and all, but ala Rod Graves..... time to go.

He should go start a car dealership or something.

And to be fair, he is asking why people are being negative......well, Mr. Snyder, I understand you are a good gentlemen and all, but explain to me the positives that we can talk about from your short tenure here ?

.......He had a cool haircut.

Last edited:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is a clown for asking why Cardinals fans are reacting in a negative way towards him, when he should already know why.

Snyder was an awful player who was signed to an awful contract and I am so glad to see him go.

Sleepy is a clown for pretending to be a Cardinals fan. Hit the road loser. :mulli:

Hmm, I don't feel any better. I don't get why you do it, but to each their own...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe in a year or two, but not right now. Watford played for James Madison. He played in the Colonial Athletic Conference, for goodness's sakes.

Snyder was a long-time NFL veteran.

Right, because no one from the CAA (cough, Joe Flacco, cough) and/or JMU (cough, Charles Haley, cough) could ever make it in the NFL right away.

Sleepy

Rookie
Reaction score
Sleepy is a clown for pretending to be a Cardinals fan. Hit the road loser. :mulli:

Hmm, I don't feel any better. I don't get why you do it, but to each their own...

Pretending? I have been a fan since 2005, I just found ASFN this year and have been lurking for quite awhile and finally decided to join today.

I do not mind being called a clown, I have been called that all my life.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
With all of Arians' talk of "rookies need to play right away" I am curious to see what happens with Colledge. I don't think they will cut him, but I could see it if they just wanted to carry Sendlein, Cooper, Kelemete, Watford, Chilo and Potter inside. That is 6, and if you add in Massie, Brown and add a vet OT, that takes us to 9, not counting Colledge. I would guess either he or Chilo or Sendlein is next on the block. Colledge may be better than Kelemete, Chilo or Watford, but he isn't near as cheap going forward.

I think I would prefer the depth and keep Colledge, but who knows. I definitely wouldn't let him block Cooper at LG, and would make it an open competition for the RG spot.