Snyder Cut

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see Colledge cut as well it just leaves us too thin at guard. Obviously Cooper has 1 spot but we'd be banking on Watford, Kelemete or Potter to hold their own starting in the opposite spot.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmm... Joe Flacco played for Michigan before he defected to FBS so as not to lose a year of eligibility. But thanks.

Maybe check out Charles Haley's career, and see how many games he started for the first two years of his career. And that's before you start to think about how much the NFL might have evolved in 25 years.

But, you know, facts and such, right?

Flacco played at Pitt behind Palko, if you call it playing not sure he threw a pass. You know, facts and such.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see Colledge cut as well it just leaves us too thin at guard. Obviously Cooper has 1 spot but we'd be banking on Watford, Kelemete or Potter to hold their own starting in the opposite spot.

Too thin?

Cooper
Colledge
Potter
Kelemete
Watford

Thats just off the top of my head.

Our biggest problem is our left guard was bad at arguably the 2nd hardest position on the offensive line and then the right guard was some how worse at arguably the easiest position on the offensive line.

Putting Cooper at LG improves the line. At worst Colledge can play RG for a year. He played the role of the,weak link in Green Bay quite well.

But Arians has talked a good deal,about Nate Potter going to guard.

So we will see

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I keep wondering whats going on with Senio Kelemente.

He was a 5th round pick. Thats on the borderline. Id say closer to valuable than scrub late rounder.

Also Potter did great when in there. He can backup both T spots. Now we almost have an excess of Guards. Love it.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I suggested we needed two OL from this draft I was told we had no room on the roster for two.

Guess we do now. Like this move but would keep Colledge for this year.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Adam Snyder being cut is worthy of 5 threads. I'm actually thinking of starting one myself.

lmao. I sure am happy about it. Not that I have a problem with him personally, it's more of a problem with how Graves handled him. If he was cheaper, I'd have loved to hang onto him, he'd be a versatile backup

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A. Snyder Cut

I looked everywhere.. And I mean everywhere but didnt see a thread about this..

Fabulous news if you ask me.. Not sure why this isn't being discussed here..

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Too thin?

Cooper
Colledge
Potter
Kelemete
Watford

Our biggest problem is our left guard was bad at arguably the 2nd hardest position on the offensive line and then the right guard was some how worse at arguably the easiest position on the offensive line.

Putting Cooper at LG improves the line. At worst Colledge can play RG for a year. He played the role of the,weak link in Green Bay quite well.

So we will see

Add:

Chilo Rachal
Mike Gibson

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Too thin?

Cooper
Colledge
Potter
Kelemete
Watford

So we will see

Why are you listing Colledge? My point is if he gets cut we're too thin at OG. Imagine Cooper or struggling or getting injured... Kelemete, Watford and Potter have never started a game at OG plus Rachal is horrendous.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I know BA likes to start his rookies but both Kiper and Mayock say he is a potential starter in year 2 not year 1. He isn't ready to jump from a small conference to an NFL starter in a few weeks.

IMO, Colledge is the starter unless Kelemente is ready. Colledge is probably cut NEXT season. This is a contract year for HIM.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I know BA likes to start his rookies but both Kiper and Mayock say Earl Watford is a potential starter in year 2 not year 1. He isn't ready to jump from a small conference to an NFL starter in a few weeks.

IMO, Colledge is the starter unless Kelemente is ready. Colledge is probably cut NEXT season. This is a contract year for HIM.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Maybe in a year or two, but not right now. Watford played for James Madison. He played in the Colonial Athletic Conference, for goodness's sakes.

Snyder was a long-time NFL veteran.

I guess we'll both see. My assumption is that it's not a big stretch for improvement there. It could take a bit yes. But I think he )Warford) has the same or similar makeup and capability as Massie had last yr.

The coaches and FO are sure high on him. From what I hear he was on top of their DB at the top of the 4th Rd. He seems to move extremely well. But yeah there will be an adjustment. He'd still have to beat out Kelemete and maybe still Colledge.

Last edited: