So ive been snooping around the 49ers'

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
barely practicing? go read one of their blogs then you'll see, the guy is practicing everyday according to them. Djack is the one with the turf toe but he's still practicing. You guys need to get out more and stop living in a box.

Lelie was just cleared to start practicing at the beginning of camp having missed quite a bit of time before that with a quad strain.

If you read the blog in the San Jose Mercury News they pointed out that the first team defense played the second team offense. The scrimmage where Clements drew all the raves he was covering the 2nd team WR, and guess who that second team WR was.... Ashley Lelie.

He's practicing but he's not even in the starting lineup yet.

* In particular, Nate Clements looked like a man among boys. He covered his guy like a blanket every time, and made a nice pick against Ashley Lelie, timing his jump perfectly to go up and take the ball away. He has great instincts, gets a great jump on the ball, and always seems to be in the right position. Yes, he was matched against the likes of Lelie, so this is no basis for crowning him the Champ Bailey of the NFC. But after watching Clements (and watching him closely), I am very excited to see him match up against Cardinal WRs Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald on national television in the season opener.

Note the comment I bolded from the blog, sounds like this guy isn't all that high on Lelie? Lelie is what he is, a speed receiver who drops too many passes and won't go over the middle. If used correctly he's very dangerous, but he also has a history of leg injuries like the one he's been battling most of the offseason.

The big news last week was a supposedly pretty aggressive fight between Vernon Davis and Larry Allen that took several guys to break up. They said they REALLY went at it hard, wasn't a typical camp fight(which is usually offense against defense). So much so that after the practice the team chaplain called both players together to clear the air. There's even a blog on the Merc site where the guy is comparing Davis to TO, "without all the receptions and TD's", saying he's way too cocky and demonstrative for a guy who hasn't done much yet. Nobody seems to know what caused the fight with allen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He missed OTA's(w/questionable injury) but other than that he hasn't missed any training camp. Lelie has looked good but as of right now he's the number #3 receiver.

Correct, he just resumed practicing at the start of camp and is not a starter.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a troll? i dont get it, i dont get all the slangs from all you kids nowadays. I've been a die hard since forever, just because i dont have time to go online that often doesnt mean im not a faithful fan like you guys. One thing i dont like about this board is people cant have any intelligent conversation about any other teams, we always have to rely and bashing them. I dont even when or how Cardinals can become this cocky. All of you need to relax and chill out. I've been lurking all of our rivals' forums im telling you right the Seahawks and 49ers are having one hell of a team that's all. I dont even know why people are jumping on my back for.

Sorry gohard, but I find it hard to believe you aren't just a teenager trying to act like a grown up. Lack of capitals, lack of punctuation, poor sentence structure and poor spelling usually means youngster.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is a troll? i dont get it, i dont get all the slangs from all you kids nowadays. I've been a die hard since forever, just because i dont have time to go online that often doesnt mean im not a faithful fan like you guys. One thing i dont like about this board is people cant have any intelligent conversation about any other teams, we always have to rely and bashing them. I dont even when or how Cardinals can become this cocky. All of you need to relax and chill out. I've been lurking all of our rivals' forums im telling you right the Seahawks and 49ers are having one hell of a team that's all. I dont even know why people are jumping on my back for.

kids? were you born in 83?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SF is my pick to win the West with a record of 9-7.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
...forums and all their blogs, it looks like their team is going to be very scary next season. Ashley Lelie is surprising doing very well and he isnt dropping any passes like people are thinking. Tully Banta Cain is going to be a sack machine as he's showing his skills in camp. Willis and Staley look like they are solid 1st rounders and some more. Nate Clements is a beast, he's making plays in camp left and right. Harris, Spencer, and their rookie Tarell Brown aint no joke either, i read that their D really stepped up a couple of notches. Michael Lewis is also making plays proving that he's not just a box safety. Most of their WRs are having solid camp thus far, it looks like they have a solid group of receivers over there. Gore is out with a broken bone in hand but still show up to practices to do whatever he can. Hicks and Robinson are doing pretty well also, but their rookie RB Clayton isnt all that. Their rookie S Dashon Goldson is also making plenty of plays, it was a pleasant surprise for the 49ers fans. Lawson and V. Davis are said to be freaken monsters on the field, their fans are really pumped up about Davis espeically, in some of the blogs stated that Davis was unstoppable and is a blocking machine too. Alex Smith improved a couple more notches this year, all of his passes were on point and he throws very well on the run (which he does roll out a whole alot). Darell Jackson doesnt pracice that much, but when in he's producing.

Man after reading of those stuff im really worry about the first MNF game, hopefully we can pull out of therer with a W. If we do that, man our team is going places this year. It wont be easy however, not saying like last year was cake walk over the 49ers anyways.

The only thing that scares me about the MNF against the Whiners is the fact that Walsh passed away and they are using this game as a tribute ceremony to him. The Cards will have to beat an improved team on the road and all the emotions in the stadium.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that scares me about the MNF against the Whiners is the fact that Walsh passed away and they are using this game as a tribute ceremony to him. The Cards will have to beat an improved team on the road and all the emotions in the stadium.

None of those players on that team have any emotional attachment to Bill Walsh. They just dont so I dont buy it. Th eorganization(IE owners etc..) might but not the players.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
None of those players on that team have any emotional attachment to Bill Walsh. They just dont so I dont buy it. Th eorganization(IE owners etc..) might but not the players.

I was talking more about the emotions in the stadium itself...the fans. It'll probably be one of the most frenzied and anxious crowds ever at a Niners game.

...and with all the tribute ceremonies, how can the players not get caught up in it?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking more about the emotions in the stadium itself...the fans. It'll probably be one of the most frenzied and anxious crowds ever at a Niners game.

...and with all the tribute ceremonies, how can the players not get caught up in it?

I agree with the electricity from the fans. But I dont see the players getting up from the actual tribute itself. But being opening night on Monday night football I dont see any more fan buzz than usual IMO.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score

It's really very simple.

Fans from other teams post here -- and vice versa. That's fine. But they don't lie about it. We have several Seahawk fans who post intelligent discussions.

You pretend you're a Cards fan and worried about another team -- and you did it rather poorly. Naturally you're going to get jumped on.

Next time try honesty. You'll get more respect.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
It's really very simple.

Fans from other teams post here -- and vice versa. That's fine. But they don't lie about it. We have several Seahawk fans who post intelligent discussions.

You pretend you're a Cards fan and worried about another team -- and you did it rather poorly. Naturally you're going to get jumped on.

ohhh my. Momma spank.

Last edited:

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
It's really very simple.

:thumbup:

The whole division is up for grabs this year. On paper so far, for what thats worth, all the teams have strengths and weaknesses.

Not too sound cocky, but based on past history the Cardinals will underperform and Alex Smith will continue sucking, the Rams will be a shadow of what they were but still contend, and the Seahawks will win the division because nobody else steps up to take it.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry gohard, but I find it hard to believe you aren't just a teenager trying to act like a grown up. Lack of capitals, lack of punctuation, poor sentence structure and poor spelling usually means youngster.
Absolutely right. Hey ******, the fact that the end of your name (83) is most likely the year you were born in kinda helps give it away too.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
From CNNSI:

"Davis and Allen got into the scrape, which was largely out of view from the fans, after the first-team offense failed to score against the second-team defense during a 12-play possession."

It certainly sounds like that 49er offense is the juggernaut is was described as.......

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From CNNSI:

"Davis and Allen got into the scrape, which was largely out of view from the fans, after the first-team offense failed to score against the second-team defense during a 12-play possession."

It certainly sounds like that 49er offense is the juggernaut is was described as.......

Sounds like Davis was pissed about Allen not getting the memo from the bloggers that he is "unstoppable" on the field.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From CNNSI:

I was reading it thinking it was about leanard davis, oh well, id rather see the niners suck nowadays.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Funny quote at PFT, attributed to some 49ers vets on Vernon Davis:

"He is like T.O., except without all the catches and touchdowns"

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

:lmao:

Or an adult working fries at a McDonalds. :D