So why is Joey Crawford working a Spurs playoff game?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesn't this seem like it would be a conflict, considering the history between Duncan and Crawford?

Can there be a post season without some referee issue?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA baby where the fix is in... Lakers / Celtics Finals like they wanted since mid season surprise surprise.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a non-issue, but it adds to the NBA buzz, so the NBA likes it.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
He was an official in one of the Suns/Spurs games in round one as well.

When I saw him on the court last night, the 5 Second Optimist in me thought "Wow. Maybe the NBA is trying to curtail the Spurs' flopping and whining by putting Joey "The Enforcer" Crawford all up in their grills."

Then I came to my senses. Or what's left of them.

KidPhoenix

Reaction score
Not allowing refs for certain teams sets a dangerous precedent. You would have coachs and players making problems with refs all the time to make sure pre approved refs call their games.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs getting screwed in game 3 = :D

Exactly, good to see two rivals go at each other. The Lakers fan knows they are lucky to get away with that, but the greater satisfaction is to see the Spurs whine about it all year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ohh well.....time for Suns fans to jump on the Celtics bandwagon for the Finals. Like me!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohh well.....time for Suns fans to jump on the Celtics bandwagon for the Finals. Like me!!!

All aboard the green train!

I find this odd, since the Celtics are one of two teams that beat you in the Finals...controversy as well. The time out.

I would assume that Suns fans harbored a healthy hate for the green *******.

Jumping on that bandwagon is really weird, to me. I hate every single team that has beaten my Lakers in a finals. Especially the C's.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I find this odd, since the Celtics are one of two teams that beat you in the Finals...controversy as well. The time out.

Jumping on that bandwagon is really weird, to me. I hate every single team that has beaten my Lakers in a finals. Especially the C's.
The Suns' loss to the Celtics in the Finals was 32 years ago. Most here were not around or do not remember it. Besides, the franchise was only eight years old and finished a mere 42-40 that year. Everybody was ecstatic to beat the mighty Warriors in the WCF and were just happy to be there. Most were expecting to get swept, and it turning out to be one of the more memorable series with perhaps the most famous Finals game is gravy. It wasn't really a situation that created intense hate.

It's not like the Celtics beat us eight times in the Finals.

TJ

Reaction score

Not 32 years later. Heck, Im already over the John Paxson 3 against the bulls in '93.

That 76 finals also brought the NBA the greatest single game ever played in basketball.

And its Suns fan protocol: you cannot root for the Lakers to do anything right.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I find it perfectly understandable.. Let me point out something to you for the 10th time or so.. PHX/LA has a rivalry due to the close perimiters they are located to each other.. In the 80's I always rooted for the Celtics to beat the lakers in the finals.. So this seem natural to me to don the Green in my sig.. It would be just like me cheering for anyone the Dallas Cowboys played if they reached the superbowl.. People can saw I whine or whatever, but as my explaination explained, this goes back to the 80's for me.. Not me thinking conspiracy or whatever.. Just a long standing hate (even pre-Kobe) for the lakers..

TJ

Reaction score
Back to Crawford....a couple of weeks ago, Jim Rome did an interview with Stern and asked him the question, "why is Crawford officiating Spurs games?" Sterns response was something along the lines of, "if one of my officials cant officiate a game, then he/she shouldnt be officiating."

This guy needs to get a clue. If he cares an ounce about the integrity of the game, Crawford would either be officiating other games or not be in the league at all. Remark all you want about how he has handled Donaghy, but not once has he addressed the inconsistencies and the evident bias these officials have for or against teams.

This is the reason conspiracy theories keep popping up about the NBA.

Last edited:

Mulletino

Reaction score

I like any team that will beat the Lakers in the Finals!!!!
I loved it when the Pistons beat LA in the Finals.
Now I'm gonna love it more when the Celtics kick the Lakers ass in 4.

Mulletino

Reaction score
Back to Crawford....a couple of weeks ago, Jim Rome did an interview with Stern and asked him the question, "why is Crawford officiating Spurs games?" Sterns response was something along the lines of, "if one of my officials cant officiate a game, then he/she shouldnt be officiating."

This guy needs to get a clue. If he cares an ounce about the integrity of the game, Crawford would either be officiating other games or not be in the league at all. Remark all you want about how he has handled Donaghy, but not once has he addressed the inconsistencies and the evident bias these officials have for or against teams.

This is the reason conspiracy theories keep popping up about the NBA.

Yes all the conspiracy theories will continue if Crawford continues officiating big time games with the Spurs in it.
Crawford and Donaughy are crooked. So far only one has been caught.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05