So, why the kid gloves with McCown?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Seems odd, considering the weeks events.
Clearly a comfortable, clear mindset for his QB is paramount with Green.

Who's the last Green QB to get benched for either bad play or purely motivational reasons?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Seems odd, considering the weeks events.
Clearly a comfortable, clear mindset for his QB is paramount with Green.

Who's the last Green QB to get benched for either bad play or purely motivational reasons?
You answered your own question dude.

Josh has been doing what has been expected since DG got here.
In fact the reports on him via players and reporters and fans has been positive. If Josh doesn't do what he is supposed to he too will sit. S King is a proven NFL starter a young proven NFL starter.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I just got the heebie jeebies, like when you see a big spider looking at you all funny.
The S King fan posted his stats and they are very good. He took a team to an NFC final which they lost on a bad call by the ref.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
The S King fan posted his stats and they are very good. He took a team to an NFC final which they lost on a bad call by the ref.

If he is so good do you ever consider why Gruden who's a good offensive minded coach didn't even gave him a chance?

MAKTEN

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

Yeah but that was several years ago. He still needs to knock the rust off his arm. We'll find out in august....

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
It could be worse - at least we are not the Ravens. They just signed Kordell. With Boller and Stewart, the Ravens have the NFL's two worst-rated starters from last year.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
If he is so good do you ever consider why Gruden who's a good offensive minded coach didn't even gave him a chance?
Uh look at the QBs Gruden has added. Look how well the offense has played in TB under Gruden. Compare to what DG has done with QBs in the NFL.

MAKTEN

Veteran
Reaction score
mdamien13 said:
I agree, this is a scary situation that Green is putting the Cards in. I like McCown's potential as much as the next guy, but I'm not so sure we shouldn't add a more consistent backup QB.

FanBoy (usually hate his articles) actually has a pretty good article w/ his thoughts on AZ Central.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cheapseats/fanboy/0602fanboy.html

Fanboy misses the point with his article. Green, by cutting Parsons is confident in Navarre as #3. Navarre could also out play King in August and take over the #2 spot. Ya' never know.

Also, Fanboy is wrong about Couch. He isn't a better option by any means.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
MAKTEN said:
Navarre could also out play King in August and take over the #2 spot. Ya' never know.

That's not much comfort. If we have to play the rookie this year we'll be analyzing next years draft in November.

MAKTEN

Veteran
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
That's not much comfort. If we have to play the rookie this year we'll be analyzing next years draft in November.

I agree with that...it isn't much comfort. It is highly unlikely

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Uh look at the QBs Gruden has added. Look how well the offense has played in TB under Gruden.

You have to remember he inherited that offense when he first came in. Didn't work out last year so this year they retooled the whole OL, trade for WR and drafted another WR and sign a good RB.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
You have to remember he inherited that offense when he first came in. Didn't work out last year so this year they retooled the whole OL, trade for WR and drafted another WR and sign a good RB.
We'll see. Billick was proclaimed an offensive genius also and won a SB with a defense he inherited just like Gruden, and Billick has not created a great offense in BAL despite years to do it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the feeling that we were the blind pig and Navarre was the acorn. Not much logic to it, just my gut feeling.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
We'll see. Billick was proclaimed an offensive genius also and won a SB with a defense he inherited just like Gruden, and Billick has not created a great offense in BAL despite years to do it.

Just to prove I don't have a vendetta, I agree with VF!

Billick was supposed to be the mastermind behind the Viking offense, he hasn't been able to come close since he left. Vikings had talent and Dennis Green behind that offense, Billick surely helped, but that was Green's system not his.

I'm already on record about the QB situation, I'm very concerned because Josh WILL get hurt the way he plays and I'm not a huge King fan at all.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I'm already on record about the QB situation, I'm very concerned because Josh WILL get hurt the way he plays and I'm not a huge King fan at all.

I hope Josh learns to slide!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Just to prove I don't have a vendetta, I agree with VF!

Billick was supposed to be the mastermind behind the Viking offense, he hasn't been able to come close since he left. Vikings had talent and Dennis Green behind that offense, Billick surely helped, but that was Green's system not his.

:thumbup:

And just some more on Billick he praises DG big time in his book giving him huge credit for his success. When Billick went to BAL he actually brought the DG System with him. He did everything the DG way. Charles Evans who played for both teams said Billick would even use the same speeches DG used to use.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
If McCown is a bust or gets hurt I cringe at the thought of King as the QB.

However I also feel a sense of dread if McCown stays healthy. I think it is very likely going to be a very ugly year for him. He is very inexperienced and it is a very steep learning curve. The starting QB has to have talent and judgement and McCown may have that. We will see. Another important and irreplaceable quality that he does not have is experience. If he plays like most rookie QBs I forsee a lot of interceptions and sacks. I hope the pain of this learning season will payoff with the Cardinals and McCown in '05.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
If McCown is a bust or gets hurt I cringe at the thought of King as the QB.

However I also feel a sense of dread if McCown stays healthy. I think it is very likely going to be a very ugly year for him. He is very inexperienced and it is a very steep learning curve. The starting QB has to have talent and judgement and McCown may have that. We will see. Another important and irreplaceable quality that he does not have is experience. If he plays like most rookie QBs I forsee a lot of interceptions and sacks. I hope the pain of this learning season will payoff with the Cardinals and McCown in '05.
Well DG's system is set up to protect him as much as he can. Its better to have Josh out there learning then some retread QB throwing ints cause he flat out sucks.

Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Its better to have Josh out there learning then some retread QB throwing ints cause he flat out sucks.

:thumbup: Possibly the best statement you have made since coming on board!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05