Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Welcome back, Tim!!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Thanks guys. Gee!, brought this in for me read and I really enjoyed it. Its great to have so many people out there pulling for me.

As for as the latest news. They let me out today, obviously. The inital drain of the fluid off my left lung was negative for cancer and they did a biopsy of the tumor on the left side today. I actually feel better than I have in about a month.

I go back to the doctor on Monday to find out the results of the biopsy and the game plan.

Either way, I will be fine. If this is cancer, I beat it before and will again. I know what to expect and know my job in this situation is to stay positive and take care of myself(pwi'ing is definetly out the window for awhile.) The Doctors will do the rest.

Thanks again for everything, this board truely rocks.
:thumbup:

Tim nice to hear you're back. Stay positive and our prayers are always with you!!! :thumbup:

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to have you back, KofC! Happy to hear you are feeling better and I hope you will continue to feel better as time passes!

Cats

Rookie
Reaction score
KingofCards sorry to hear what you're going through, but good to hear you're doing better. From one old time poster on the Cards board to another take care!

seesred

Reaction score
I just went through sopme major heart concerns. Fight back. Sounds like you have the right atttitude. keep it up. Think positive.Do things when you can.

GBR

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
daytripper said:
Yo Tim

That's my grandmas maiden name. Is your family from PA?
Later
Don

Just saw this Don.

My family is all from L.I., NY.

I know there are a bunch of people with the same name in Pa, Ne, and Ia, but no one that I am directly related to.

Must be related to each other in some distant way.

:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KOC my brother. Get Well!!!

Take care of yourself and don't try to rush back into the game man! Let the doctors tell you when you're ready to go home. You and your family are in my thoughts from here on until you get out of there. God bless brother! :thumbup:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Update:

It is cancer coming back. I have to go into the hospital for 5 days starting Wednesday to get a thing implanted in my chest and then chemo.

Then I will get out for a months and then back in for 5 more days. Hopefully the cancer will have shrunk done enough to be extracted.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Update:

It is cancer coming back. I have to go into the hospital for 5 days starting Wednesday to get a thing implanted in my chest and then chemo.

Then I will get out for a months and then back in for 5 more days. Hopefully the cancer will have shrunk done enough to be extracted.
You can beat it again Tim!!! :thumbup:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
KingofCards said:
Update:

ugh. that sucks man. be the ball & beat this thing. we're pulling for you

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
K of C.... hang tough my brother

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
KoC,

Get well soon. I'm sure you'll be telling me about eating a big, juicy steak and drinking margaritas during a Phoenix Suns chat for years to come.

Joe

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Update:

KOC, my mom just went to the doctor today to get her post cancer checkup, I know it is a tough thing to go to, remember to stay positive, and that you are in our prayers.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
You are in my thoughts and prayers KoC. You're going to pull through this, I have no doubt.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Update:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tim.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Hey Tim. You're in the ASFN family's thoughts & prayers. You take care and stay tough. My family has been through cancer 3 times in the last year & my mom is going on 6 years since her breast cancer treatments. Stay positive. Here's to a speedy recovery. :thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Just got a phone call from KoC's wife. He has been hospitalized for pnuemonia and has two tumors on his lungs, which is believed to be the return of his cancer. He will be having surgery this week, then treatments later. He said he will most likely be in the hospital till this weekend.

He did say that everything should be fine. And from the sound of his voice doesnt seem too worried. So I took that as a positive. He has his own room and hooked up his PS2 up in his room.

I asked him if it would be cool if people wanted to call him they could. He said ya thats cool. So if anyone wants his room number at Arrowhead hospital, just send me a private messege, and I'll hook you up.

Once in a while we all need to be brought back down to earth on what is really important in life. My wife has had to deal with cancer and probably others on this board are dealing daily with life and death problems. It is nice to have this board as a diversion but for those dealing with these problems they are with you when the lights go out and lights come on. I will say some prayers for you KOC which is all I have to offer.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked to KoC yesterday on the phone.

Nothing has changed as far as his attitude. He's still upbeat and laughing at some of the idiotic things I say.

He seems really encouraged about what the doctors told him. He was expecting far worse. He said with him having gone thru this before, he knows exactly what to expect. I fully expect him at the 1st Cards game of the 2005 season. :D

Just thought I'd say this cuz he might not have a lot of time to post right now, and because if someone other than him says he is good spirits people might believe it more.

Heck, he was even cracking jokes about waiting an hour to see the Dr. yesterday.

He said that's why your called a "patient".

:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05