Some of you are making me sick...

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen, I just had to go through this whole thread with Phade, and and Mojorizen, and Achbang (whatever his name is)...and it irritates the crap out of me....

If you guys are going to discuss other team's players being dirty, etc., then you have to expect some to come over and defend them.

From what I saw, this guy came over and was defensive about Bowen, but he at least backed it up with videos, etc., instead of just flaming "LOLOL, BOWEN RULZ, NASH DROOLZ LOLOLOZLZOZLO"

You all need to relax and take part in an adult conversation where you don't resort to name-calling and childish crap.

Try to recognize that just because an opposing team's fan comes over, you can actually try to get to know them and have fun instead of labeling them a troll right off the bat.

Yes, he shouldn't have used the common sense remark and I told him about it, but that doesn't mean the rest of you are granted OPEN SEASON because he insulted you first.

Can't you guys just play nice? Why is the Suns board always a source of such frustration and hatred around here? The Cards board, the Dbacks, EE, Movie...there is never a forum with as much trouble as this place.

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

Mike

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
It's called passion, apparently people in Arizona want the suns to do well and back their team. Some of it gets childish, but better that then the alternative

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not called passion...you can be passionate without calling people names...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen, I just had to go through this whole thread with Phade, and and Mojorizen, and Achbang (whatever his name is)...and it irritates the crap out of me....

If you guys are going to discuss other team's players being dirty, etc., then you have to expect some to come over and defend them.

From what I saw, this guy came over and was defensive about Bowen, but he at least backed it up with videos, etc., instead of just flaming "LOLOL, BOWEN RULZ, NASH DROOLZ LOLOLOZLZOZLO"

You all need to relax and take part in an adult conversation where you don't resort to name-calling and childish crap.

Try to recognize that just because an opposing team's fan comes over, you can actually try to get to know them and have fun instead of labeling them a troll right off the bat.

Yes, he shouldn't have used the common sense remark and I told him about it, but that doesn't mean the rest of you are granted OPEN SEASON because he insulted you first.

Can't you guys just play nice? Why is the Suns board always a source of such frustration and hatred around here? The Cards board, the Dbacks, EE, Movie...there is never a forum with as much trouble as this place.

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

Mike

Good post Mike.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were watching the boat sink and dont want to accept it.

IMO the Suns are about done. Sad.

Yes the Suns ship is taking on water but I'm hoping the bilge pumps are working. However, are the bilge pumps working for the Cardinals? It's depressing over there at the Cardinals forum for the fans watching the team self destruct from inept management. This may well be true with the Suns as well.

Anyway, I'm going down with the ship for both teams.:titanic:

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
It's not called passion...you can be passionate without calling people names...

Apparently you have never been to Phily, New York, Chicago, or Boston were they consider their fans the best.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the Suns ship is taking on water but I'm hoping the bilge pumps are working. However, are the bilge pumps working for the Cardinals? It's depressing over there at the Cardinals forum for the fans watching the team self destruct from inept management. This may well be true with the Suns as well.

Anyway, I'm going down with the ship for both teams.:titanic:

I'm totally avoiding the Cards board...I would lose my mind if I was paying attention.

Cards free agency is a wild time, man.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats why I post a lot more on real gm suns board now more then this one a lot less drama going. Also theirs not so many people saying the season is over after a few bad games I mean we only two less wins then the lakers way to early to jump ship

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Thats why I post a lot more on real gm suns board now more then this one a lot less drama going. Also theirs not so many people saying the season is over after a few bad games I mean we only two less wins then the lakers way to early to jump ship

Yeah, I love the way the Lakers are the team to beat, but the Suns who have 2 less wins are "done." I can't believe how little faith some Suns fans have, you guys have a good team, be happy, be confident and stop with the need to resort to insults to prove your points. Chandler Mike is 100% correct.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Apparently you have never been to Phily, New York, Chicago, or Boston were they consider their fans the best.

I come to this board because i like to have intelligent conversation, get breaking news, and yes talk alot of trash. But the banter in the thread Mike is referring to is not passionate or even literate.

Its in poor taste and I laugh when I read the posters under articles on ESPN.com, AZCentral, and FOX Sports and the crap that I read. If thats sports fans across the nation then give me ASFN only then.

But the truth is I know it's not that way. I live in Florida and meet tons of of fans from everywhere and feel the unintelligible sports fans are the exception rather then the rule.

So don't confuse passionate and ignorant.

Because I'm all of the former and the latter only some of the time. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Were watching the boat sink and dont want to accept it.

IMO the Suns are about done. Sad.

Unless there is a significant momentum swing, I tend to agree.

:billthecat:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
People on the Suns board tend to over react too stuff. And its too much doom and Gloom, there is to much crying, I hate Sarver and who will be the next Suns 10th man that will not even crack the rotation discussions. Suns don't look the best right now, but with Shaq they can survive longer in the playoffs.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Wow, a master of his craft spurs troll manages to seriously flare up 3 people (kind of what the best and most dedicated of trolls are good at you know?) during a week in which we have been playing like garbage so tempers are sky high, and you ban 3 of the responders instead of the guy who continually pokes at suns fans.

I thought this was a suns fan forum first and foremost. So even if, say, the spurs troll had a point (which I say his points are mostly garbage homerism crap) it is obvious he is here to get a reaction out of people by defending his spurs team to the death and not negotiating or showing any bias whatsoever which I find disgusting since he should take his teams 4th trophy and **** instead of trying to piss people off.

He came over here to defend his team. Why? I mean really? Even if we are a bunch of suns homers why would he even really bother? I have absolutely no desire to go over to spurstalk and argue with them that the suns are the cleanest team in the league and they are disgustingly dirty. Why? Because it is fing spurstalk.com a spurs fans board that is why!

It is a REALLY disappointing week when the suns play like complete garbage against playoff-caliber teams, and then a spurs troll gets 3 suns fans banned on their own form by flaring their tempers past boiling point (oh, and he even managed to PISS OFF LAKERS FANS TOO).

I think I am going to be sick..

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
I have not even read one post from the thread refered to, however I have spent considerable time in the so called great fan cities and the way they talk about other teams and other fans are no different then what was described in Mike’s original post. As stated in my first post is it childish, absolutely!

However this is a message board how else is one to stand up and support their team when a fan from another team comes here and "LOLOL, BOWEN RULZ, NASH DROOLZ LOLOLOZLZOZLO"

I don’t participate in it, however it is nice to see some passion from the fans here in Arizona about at least one of their teams.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I have not even read one post from the thread refered to, however I have spent considerable time in the so called great fan cities and the way they talk about other teams and other fans are no different then what was described in Mike’s original post. As stated in my first post is it childish, absolutely!

However this is a message board how else is one to stand up and support their team when a fan from another team comes here and "LOLOL, BOWEN RULZ, NASH DROOLZ LOLOLOZLZOZLO"

I don’t participate in it, however it is nice to see some passion from the fans here in Arizona about at least one of their teams.

Well if you saw it you would understand, not just passionate fans trust me. The guy is a grade A troll at getting a reaction out of people primarily by pissing them off with his non-moving solid-wall spurs homer argumentative (ON A SUNS BOARD) routine.

People are just a heck of a tad touchy against spurs fans after those suspensions last year, and now having the team struggling like it is..

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've watched the Suns from almost their inception, and it is extremely frustrating to have not won a championship by now, with all the good teams we have had over the years. However, there have been a lot worse Suns teams than the one we have now. If you haven't been watching that closely this season, we were having our problems before the Shaq trade. It's not like we had the championship in the bag and then ownership totally screwed it up on purpose. I too am sad three Suns fans got banned while another team's fan got to stay. I can understand the frustration from the Suns fans. No team has a higher historical winning percentage and not won the championship. You would think just once it would be our year. There's a LOT of pent up frustration in this forum compared to any other. Even the Cards have won a title in their history, even though most of us weren't born yet. Even the ladies have won the WNBA title. When can our guys ever win?

It's an open forum, and from what I've read there is an ignore function. If no one likes a particular fan, and if everyone puts him on ignore, he is basically banned in essence. I think Mike is saying we should shun those that are creating problems rather than lowering ourselves to their level. Maybe Mike can make ignore a drag and drop feature? LOL!

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if you saw it you would understand, not just passionate fans trust me. The guy is a grade A troll at getting a reaction out of people primarily by pissing them off with his non-moving solid-wall spurs homer argumentative (ON A SUNS BOARD) routine.

People are just a heck of a tad touchy against spurs fans after those suspensions last year, and now having the team struggling like it is..

Dude, I know what you are saying, he may be a Class A troll, but if you know it's a troll, why do you FEED THE TROLL?

Defending yourself by calling him names does what? Makes him excited that he's pissing you off so he keeps it going.

Either ignore him, or don't join in his games. But if you want to attack him with name calling, then we need to vote on changing the rules here, because THAT'S THE RULE.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Dude, I know what you are saying, he may be a Class A troll, but if you know it's a troll, why do you FEED THE TROLL?

Defending yourself by calling him names does what? Makes him excited that he's pissing you off so he keeps it going.

Either ignore him, or don't join in his games. But if you want to attack him with name calling, then we need to vote on changing the rules here, because THAT'S THE RULE.

You are 100% correct. The problem is by banning those fans who made the mistake of reacting (actually extremely over-reacting but I don't blame them) you only empowered him tenfold yourself!

Right now he is in uber troll mode and nonstop arguing with the lakers fans and god knows how long that will go on...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate to say this but I also think we need more moderation in the Suns forum. Not that the Mods don't do a good job. That forum should be more closely monitored. It's a troll magnet regardless if our own forum members are behaving or not.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are 100% correct. The problem is by banning those fans who made the mistake of reacting (actually extremely over-reacting but I don't blame them) you only empowered him tenfold yourself!

Right now he is in uber troll mode and nonstop arguing with the lakers fans and god knows how long that will go on...

That's fine, but I'm tired of the reputation this place has of immediately banning opposing fans who try to defend and stick up for their teams.

I mean, if we want it that way, fine...but it seems like we should be more open...

Oh well, perhaps you can never reach a happy medium on a forum like this.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There's such a thing as common decency, and unfortunately it doesn't really exist on this board some of the time.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
That's fine, but I'm tired of the reputation this place has of immediately banning opposing fans who try to defend and stick up for their teams.

I mean, if we want it that way, fine...but it seems like we should be more open...

Oh well, perhaps you can never reach a happy medium on a forum like this.

I am a newcomer who has found ASFN an appealing place because of all the varying viewpoints and personalities. As a journeyman of other sports bulletin boards, I can probably opine as to what is "normal":

I've found ASFN to be extremely tolerant of opposing viewpoints, whether they originate from other fans or not. The norm for a sports message board is actually dramatically different. More often than not on other forums, anybody who levels any kind of criticism at the team in question--regardless of whether their arguments are objective and well-reasoned--is labeled a troll and is chased off the board and banned until the end of time. And that's the case even among fans of the team! It would be analogous to two Suns fans calmly discussing the Suns' need for improved perimeter defense, and the "Suns need to improve it" guy would get chased off because he's not down with the "rah rah team" program and drinking the Kool-Aid like a good little fan.

This forum has Lakers fans and Spurs fans who have been posting here for years. They have no doubt found it a safe haven to express their own viewpoints, and I for one enjoy reading them as a reasonable counterpoint to whatever might be the topic of discussion.

An occasional need for moderation is probably just that. It doesn't mean that you guys haven't already established an impressive culture of tolerance at ASFN, far beyond what is normal for other sports forums.

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score

ARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh!

Mike

------------[Insert sound that Pac-Man makes when dying here]---------

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake