Something Controversial!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I drove by the team HQ in Tempe on Sunday. Looks like an elementary school. Michael really needs to invest in a new facility.

Maybe this subject will stir some crap up.

(Although I think we may have already beaten that dead horse.)

I think they should move, that plot is too small, but Mike also spent money on it recently so I'd be surprised if that happened.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ok, Neil Rackers was the most brutal tackler in Cardinal history... hey, that kicker actually had some swag hits
At the Warner vs Leinart training camp in Flag, I was getting autographs on the line post-practice and Rackers was signing my hat. I asked him if he’d “straightened everything out” after the prior season.

He didn’t love that.

Legendary story in my family.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the Warner vs Leinart training camp in Flag, I was getting autographs on the line post-practice and Rackers was signing my hat. I asked him if he’d “straightened everything out” after the prior season.

He didn’t love that.

Legendary story in my family.
You must be registered for see images

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I drove by the team HQ in Tempe on Sunday. Looks like an elementary school. Michael really needs to invest in a new facility.

Maybe this subject will stir some crap up.

(Although I think we may have already beaten that dead horse.)
That bad?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What do you have to complain about? 5 World Series wins. I get it that it was a long time ago, but compared to the Cardinals????

Recent News. Pittsburgh Pirates, American professional baseball team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Sometimes referred to as the “Bucs,” the Pirates are among the oldest teams in baseball and have won the World Series five times (1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, and 1979).

Pittsburgh Pirates | Notable Players, World Series, History ...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Pittsburgh-Pirates
Rings garnered when a fan wasn't born or was still watching Sesame Street don't count.
:biglaugh:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was 3 in 1979. Yes, I remember the excitement, but that's it. Then we had a run in the early 90's. Then we had a lesser run in the mid 20-teens. And that's it. Very Cardinalesque for most of my life, except the Cards have done the Bucs one better and made it to a SB. The Buccos haven't been to a WS since '79. And they have slashed payroll and haven't even reached the mid 20-teens payroll high water mark. Nutting is a stingier owner than Bidwill, and has no salary floor he has to spend to. Trust me, there's lots for Pirates fans to gripe about!
Stout, always had a slight thing for the Pirates as a young buck. Despite the fact that we were division rivals within the same state. They had the BEST unis ever, had the coolest hats, Kent Tekulve, Dave Parker, Willie Stargell, and a stadium that very much reminded me of ours. (The Vet) I STILL don't hate them. Never really have even though my family did. Dying to see that stadium for a road Phillies game one day.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stout, always had a slight thing for the Pirates as a young buck. Despite the fact that we were division rivals within the same state. They had the BEST unis ever, had the coolest hats, Kent Tekulve, Dave Parker, Willie Stargell, and a stadium that very much reminded me of ours. (The Vet) I STILL don't hate them. Never really have even though my family did. Dying to see that stadium for a road Phillies game one day.
I’ll always have a feeling for the Pirates fans and yes I liked the their uniforms.

When the great Roberto Clemente died my heart went out the Pittsburgh fans.

Later as a Yankees fan I endured the loss of Thurman Munson cementing a forever bond with their pain.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I never hated the Phillies either, even though I was supposed to when I was young. Schmidt was cool!

Neat story about the Pirates. In the old days we'd collect box tops for the program that got you free tickets. In the old days, at Three Rivers, fans had access to the entrance by the players' parking lot. Mike Levaliere (sp?) and Doug Drabek were awesome--Spanky's wife and kids would tug on his arm for him to leave, but he signed autographs. Drabek said he wouldn't leave until he signed for everyone. Van Slyke and Bonilla snuck into their cars and zipped off. Barry Bonds came out in sunglasses, head high, shaking his head, and said "Nothin', you ain't getting nothin' tonight!" My dad said "Bonds, you're an effing a-hole." He swung his head over, sniffed, and walked on. Everyone snickered.

But my favorite part was when the trainer came out, yelled, "Game balls!" and tossed a bunch to us youngsters. Cool, a game used ball! Then later, I saw a guy getting out of a limo. He saw me, smiled, asked how I was doing, and signed the ball. I was polite with him but confused. After, I walked over to my dad, reading the ball, and said, "Who is Kent Tek...tek...tekulve?" And he lost his mind because he loved the player!

Come to think of it, as I recall, the game was against the Phillies! No idea who won.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Something something...Stout rambles...something something...Stout hyperbolizes...something something...the sky is falling! Aaargh!

Nah, nothing going today. I almost wish someone would post something controversial so we can get a good hearty discussion going. Man, the dog days of the football offseason are looong! At least there's Euros and Copa to catch, because baseball ain't it.

I'm down for a little Copa America! The South Americans take their soccer pretty seriously, and I really like watching our national teams play!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I never hated the Phillies either, even though I was supposed to when I was young. Schmidt was cool!

Neat story about the Pirates. In the old days we'd collect box tops for the program that got you free tickets. In the old days, at Three Rivers, fans had access to the entrance by the players' parking lot. Mike Levaliere (sp?) and Doug Drabek were awesome--Spanky's wife and kids would tug on his arm for him to leave, but he signed autographs. Drabek said he wouldn't leave until he signed for everyone. Van Slyke and Bonilla snuck into their cars and zipped off. Barry Bonds came out in sunglasses, head high, shaking his head, and said "Nothin', you ain't getting nothin' tonight!" My dad said "Bonds, you're an effing a-hole." He swung his head over, sniffed, and walked on. Everyone snickered.

But my favorite part was when the trainer came out, yelled, "Game balls!" and tossed a bunch to us youngsters. Cool, a game used ball! Then later, I saw a guy getting out of a limo. He saw me, smiled, asked how I was doing, and signed the ball. I was polite with him but confused. After, I walked over to my dad, reading the ball, and said, "Who is Kent Tek...tek...tekulve?" And he lost his mind because he loved the player!

Come to think of it, as I recall, the game was against the Phillies! No idea who won.
What a story bro!!! Collecting box tops......oh the days of our youth man.