Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your better off keeping Ariza!!!

How are you sending away the best player and getting back the worst in a 3 team deal

How sway!!!!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Is the main goal to shed salary?

Most likely looks that way. They evidently don't actually care about winning games.

I guess that will teach the Phoenix City Council not to approve funding arena upgrades!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is the main goal to shed salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks that way. Like I said, it's time to tell Sarver to take the Suns and shove them. Renovate the arena for the Coyotes and be done with it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trevor Ariza people. This seems pretty equitable despite everyone’s inflated expectations.

Equitable??? They got three players who are not worthy of an NBA roster. Why don't we trade Jamal Crawford for Shaq Harrison, Isaiah Canaan and Mike James while we're at it?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Equitable??? They got three players who are not worthy of an NBA roster. Why don't we trade Jamal Crawford for Shaq Harrison, Isaiah Canaan and Mike James while we're at it?

Shaq Harrison, Isaiah Canaan and Mike James would be more useful than the Wizards' package

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Shaq Harrison, Isaiah Canaan and Mike James would be more useful than the Wizards' package
Comeon, that's hyperbolic. 2 of the guys you listed there aren't even in the league anymore, while all 3 who would have come back are playing regular rotation minutes (true with either Brooks).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
But is it really? Did we get what we expected with Ariza, Chandler, Dudley, Mike James and so on? Sure, it's less of a mystery but you can strike out either way. I'm in favor of trading the pick if it drops out of the top 3 or 4 but not if we're just settling for a mature veteran. We need another player that brings real value to the court and if we have to gamble on a rookie to make that happen, then that's the way we should go IMO and we'll just have to live with more youth. We don't need any more youth but we shouldn't settle for less simply to avoid it.
A mid-career veteran would be a known commodity to an experienced General Manager and non-meddling owner. Neither of which the Suns have.