Sporting News on Boldin negotiations

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Kinda like the same homer who completly ignores LD false starts and says he is the best Tackle in the league. Lets compare Leonard "Drive Killer" Davis to say Marvel Smith (since we are comparing AZ layers to Pitt players) who is a 7th round draft pick. Lets see who most people feel is better there!

Hello King of the Exaggeration!

First of all, I don't think anyone "ignores" his false starts...they suck. I think giving up false starts is easier to correct than giving up sacks...concentration vs talent.

I urge you to go back and find a post that states LD is the "best Tackle in the league". The argument has been top 15ish.

Lastly, Marvel Smith was a 2nd rd pick not a 7th rd pick. How many sacks has Marvel given up this year vs Big?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm not calling you out, 75. Just a general statement. :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Again, I watch more Steelers football than you do, so I would think that I would have better incite.

incite is what you are doing to the rest of the board

insight (at least on this subject) is something you don't have...:D

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I'm still here Brother Harley, I know you feel I am slipping into darkness, but I am not. I just feel Ward is better, that's it.

That's cool.

I love Hines Ward and love watching him play. You know that me living up here in Va along with you I get to see alot of the Pitt games.

I honestly feel that they are almost clones of one another.

The bottom line is I am damn glad Q plays for Az and I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

He is the best thing to happen to the Cards in a long, long time.

:thumbup:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I'm not calling you out, 75. Just a general statement. :)

In Finest's post (#144) he said Boldin was a winner and I was arguing he wasn't. I don't think wins are a great way to measure a player's abilities, but they should still serve as a factor. BTW I knew you weren't calling me out, it's an open discussion and that was your opinion.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Hello King of the Exaggeration!

First of all, I don't think anyone "ignores" his false starts...they suck. I think giving up false starts is easier to correct than giving up sacks...concentration vs talent.

I urge you to go back and find a post that states LD is the "best Tackle in the league". The argument has been top 15ish.

Lastly, Marvel Smith was a 2nd rd pick not a 7th rd pick. How many sacks has Marvel given up this year vs Big?

If I am king of the exaggeration then that must make you what? Queen?

The orignal arguement about this months ago, there was a statement saying Big...uh nevermind. I have had this arguement too many times before. I dont care what he believes about Big, fact is he is overpaid and overrated. :shrug:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
In Finest's post (#144) he said Boldin was a winner and I was arguing he wasn't. I don't think wins are a great way to measure a player's abilities, but they should still serve as a factor. BTW I knew you weren't calling me out, it's an open discussion and that was your opinion.

Lets just agree to disagree....you can keep Hines...and ill keep my boy Q

:cheers:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Again, I watch more Steelers football than you do, so I would think that I would have better incite.

incite is what you are doing to the rest of the board

insight (at least on this subject) is something you don't have...:D

I could also point out your various punctuation and capitalization errors, but they are in no way relevant to the discussion in this thread.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

The orignal arguement about this months ago, there was a statement saying Big...uh nevermind. I have had this arguement too many times before. I dont care what he believes about Big, fact is he is overpaid and overrated. :shrug:

:biglaugh:

Yeah, and let's go for the quadfecta.

Dennis Green sucks and Josh McCown is better than Kurt Warner.

I love this thread. Feels like we should all be drinking beer at Hooters and arguing football.

It's great being a guy.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

Find where I said that, seriously. Or did you just make it up?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

I distinctly remember a thread where you said "Big...uh, nevermind"

Like it was yesterday.....

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

I made it up.

I like misquoting people.....

You said he was a top 10 tackle in the league and I proved he wasnt. Thats all I remember Friday. Cuff me.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I could also point out your various punctuation and capitalization errors, but they are in no way relevant to the discussion in this thread.

When you have brilliant insight there is no time for peccadillos like punctuation and capitalization.....:thumbup:

Actually i am well aware that i post before i edit many a time BUT i was merely trying to inject a little humor into what is becoming a pretty visceral thread....

mY bAd :p

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
I distinctly remember a thread where you said "Big...uh, nevermind"

Like it was yesterday.....

Now you shut up and quit starting a fight...you dirty pirate hooker.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I made it up.

I like misquoting people.....

You said he was a top 10 tackle in the league and I proved he wasnt. Thats all I remember Friday. Cuff me.

Top 10 LT and you didn't prove he wasn't.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
OK sport, we will call it at that.

Good times! :thumbup:

I wish I could do smileys........:mad:, wait I can b/c I'm using IE. Crap that just reminds me I'm not using Firefox and that I'm probably getting infected with viruses at this very moment.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
I love Hines Ward and love watching him play. You know that me living up here in Va along with you I get to see alot of the Pitt games.

I honestly feel that they are almost clones of one another.

The bottom line is I am damn glad Q plays for Az and I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

He is the best thing to happen to the Cards in a long, long time.

:thumbup:

Brother Harley, you took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbup:

Long term, I think Quan is going to be better than Ward, and is going to be on board when Arizona rises to that next level, like Ward was when Pittsburgh returned to prominence.

Also, not to turn this in to a log urination contest Brothers Harley and Davis, but I get the benefit of running board for Steeler games every Sunday, a tradition that began three years ago and will end in January. :wave:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Snake said:
Brother Harley, you took the words right out of my mouth. :thumbup:

Long term, I think Quan is going to be better than Ward, and is going to be on board when Arizona rises to that next level, like Ward was when Pittsburgh returned to prominence.

Also, not to turn this in to a log urination contest Brothers Harley and Davis, but I get the benefit of running board for Steeler games every Sunday, a tradition that began three years ago and will end in January. :wave:

Which board is it? Could you put a poll up please, I just want to see who they think is better, Q or Ward.

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Which board is it? Could you put a poll up please, I just want to see who they think is better, Q or Ward.

Running Board is a radio term my friend. I am the guy behind the scenes who makes sure Steeler games and the commercials run smoothly.

Sure, I'll put the poll up now.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Snake said:
Running Board is a radio term my friend. I am the guy behind the scenes who makes sure Steeler games and the commercials run smoothly.

So you are the guy who turns up the volume during commercials and turns it down whenever someone is about to say something really interesting.

BTW did you know that Anquan invented radio?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Snake said:

Oh, I well that's still cool. I thought you meant you moderated a Steelers board during the games and I was asking you to put a polll up on the board that I thought you moderated, anyway thanks for putting up the poll here. Ward is getting crushed :eek:

Diamondback Jay

Reaction score
Duckjake said:
So you are the guy who turns up the volume during commercials and turns it down whenever someone is about to say something really interesting.

BTW did you know that Anquan invented radio?

Exactly. Or when they say something that I don't want to hear. I had the commercial volume turned up for the entire Cardinal-Steeler game last year. Caught quite a bit of hell. Everytime Pittsburgh scored a Touchdown or FG, or everytime the Cards made a penalty-turnover, I hit a commercial.

Ok, no I didn't, but the thought crossed my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan