Sporting News on Boldin negotiations

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Only a true homer would say that.

i dont agree at all....in fact i will reverse. Hines gets a TON more national hype and is very good but to me that reeks of someone who is fed ESPN Sportscenter highlight and articles and never sees a Cardinal game (therefore you should be ashamed) Everyone outside of Arizona who is a casual football fan would say Hines is better than Q. But If you watch the games, Hines while a better blocker is not superior in any other facet. Not hands, not speed (football speed i dont know about 40 speed), not size, not strength, not playmaking and certainlly not better with YAC......

Q needs one more year of this type of production and he will be mentioned among Chad, Marvin, Holt and Moss......In fact he will take T.O.'s place

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Boldin is better and not just because he's a Cardinal.It's like the announcer said last week,if Boldin was playing in a place like NY then he'd be mentioned amongst the league's best.
He was an all pro as a rookie,unheard of at WR.
rookie record for receptions.
fastest to 200 catches.
then the most amazing thing about Boldin is he's done it with the likes of Blake,Mccown,Navarre, and Shaun King at the QB position and with Fitz getting alot balls the last 2 years on the other side.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

Of course. Just as being a Texas Grad I always stick up for BIG. :D

But I still don't think Ward is better than Q.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
ou
Snake said:
I would. Bettis is past his prime, Staley's at best a platoon back, and Parker's good against the lousy run defenses but against some of the better ds, he's shut down quickly.

At WR, Randle El's Desmond Howard with slightly better hands and minus the Heisman, and Cedric Wilson mediocrity at it's finest.

Ward IS the Steeler offense. Heath Miller is coming to his own quickly and has provided a nice second option, but otherwise the offense without Ward is garbage.

You're not giving enough credit to Parker IMO. He is a very good back but has not been given the blocking. Also, Ben, for some reason, rarely throws to Randle El and he is often open. Quincy Morgan is also probably the best #4 WR in the league right now.

The game Ward missed, against JAX, was easily winnable. The team was QBed by Tommy Maddox, who is one of the worst backups in the NFL and the Steelers were set up in OT by Morgan's 70 yard KO return and Maddox fumbles, the D stops JAX dead in their tracks and Maddox throws the game winning INT to Mathis, it was returned for a TD. They should have won that game and with a badly injured Hines, they still beat SD and CIN although he put up a TD against CIN and a pretty nice game against SD. I see them as 6-6 or 5-7 w/o Ward.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Snake said:
I would. Bettis is past his prime, Staley's at best a platoon back, and Parker's good against the lousy run defenses but against some of the better ds, he's shut down quickly.

At WR, Randle El's Desmond Howard with slightly better hands and minus the Heisman, and Cedric Wilson mediocrity at it's finest.

Ward IS the Steeler offense. Heath Miller is coming to his own quickly and has provided a nice second option, but otherwise the offense without Ward is garbage.

This is not an argument....Where are the Cardinals w/o Q....? He broke the other teams back in both wins against St L and SF

Q taken away from his team and Hines taken away from his and thrown in a draft scenario?....(with injury past being forgotten for the moment) i would say 9 out of 10 NFL guys take Boldin....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Snake said:
Take Ward off the Steelers and they're a 2-3 win team. He's the gas that makes that car run.

Um... No. Ward does great with the opportunities that he's given. I think he could put up Anquan-like numbers on a team that passes 45 times a game like the Cards do, and he's money in the red zone, but the Steelers average fewer than 25 passes a game.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I think Boldin is better and not just because he's a Cardinal.It's like the announcer said last week,if Boldin was playing in a place like NY then he'd be mentioned amongst the league's best.
He was an all pro as a rookie,unheard of at WR.
rookie record for receptions.
fastest to 200 catches.
then the most amazing thing about Boldin is he's done it with the likes of Blake,Mccown,Navarre, and Shaun King at the QB position and with Fitz getting alot balls the last 2 years on the other side.

:thumbup:

Seriously it makes me sick that the one legitimate star and winner we have on our team and we are debating his greatness.....you dont see Suns fans debating the worth of Amare....

Q has broken just as many records in a sport that is much more dependent on others to succeed than bball....

All of you "Cardinal fans" who take Q for granted should be shipped to the moon....he is the best player we have had in Arizona and along with Fitz, they will only get better.....

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
i dont agree at all....in fact i will reverse. Hines gets a TON more national hype and is very good but to me that reeks of someone who is fed ESPN Sportscenter highlight and articles and never sees a Cardinal game (therefore you should be ashamed) Everyone outside of Arizona who is a casual football fan would say Hines is better than Q. But If you watch the games, Hines while a better blocker is not superior in any other facet. Not hands, not speed (football speed i dont know about 40 speed), not size, not strength, not playmaking and certainlly not better with YAC......

Q needs one more year of this type of production and he will be mentioned among Chad, Marvin, Holt and Moss......In fact he will take T.O.'s place

Are you actually trying to say I don't watch the games? Anyone who has read my analysis or posts (I may be partial to certain players at times) knows I can watch the games and analyze them pretty well. I watch every Pitt game and every Arizona game, so I DO know more than you on this subject. It just so happens that the Cards and Steelers are my favorite teams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
This is not an argument....Where are the Cardinals w/o Q....? He broke the other teams back in both wins against St L and SF

Q taken away from his team and Hines taken away from his and thrown in a draft scenario?....(with injury past being forgotten for the moment) i would say 9 out of 10 NFL guys take Boldin....

But with Q and without a true #1 WR, Q puts up 1300 yards but the team is 3-13. Q's best game of the season was a crappy loss to the Panthers in which he dominated on the Stat line but the Cards lost. Anquan makes highlight reel plays, but he'll kill the team at least a couple times a season by making a fumble in the midst of trying to make a play (i.e. the Panthers game, against the Lions in 2003).

In the Tennessee game, Anquan had all of 15 yards, and those were rushing. And no one was playing across from him.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

I'll take you up on that and if you only have 1 year, age thus being thrown out (since you are taking out injuries), then I would say you are crazy to think 9/10 would take Q.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Are you actually trying to say I don't watch the games? Anyone who has read my analysis or posts (I may be partial to certain players at times) knows I can watch the games and analyze them pretty well. I watch every Pitt game and every Arizona game, so I DO know more than you on this subject. It just so happens that the Cards and Steelers are my favorite teams.

:biglaugh:

Well apparently I..(and the rest of the ASFN board) respectfully disagree with you...

Sure you are not partial to the Steelers b/c i watch a lot of football too and while i love what Hines does, Q makes my jaw drop

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:

Seriously it makes me sick that the one legitimate star and winner we have on our team and we are debating his greatness.....you dont see Suns fans debating the worth of Amare....

Q has broken just as many records in a sport that is much more dependent on others to succeed than bball....

All of you "Cardinal fans" who take Q for granted should be shipped to the moon....he is the best player we have had in Arizona and along with Fitz, they will only get better.....

Comparing Q to Amare is so bad. Amare will be the best player in the NBA soon, while Q is just a really good WR. Also, calling Q a winner is pretty bad, our recored with him on the team (counting game's where he is out due to his chronic injuries) we are 13-31, is that a winning record, or are you just trying to pimp Boldin?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

Kinda like the same homer who completly ignores LD false starts and says he is the best Tackle in the league. Lets compare Leonard "Drive Killer" Davis to say Marvel Smith (since we are comparing AZ layers to Pitt players) who is a 7th round draft pick. Lets see who most people feel is better there!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
:biglaugh:

Well apparently I..(and the rest of the ASFN board) respectfully disagree with you...

Sure you are not partial to the Steelers b/c i watch a lot of football too and while i love what Hines does, Q makes my jaw drop

Again, I watch more Steelers football than you do, so I would think that I would have better incite. Obviously Cardinal fans are slanted towards Cardinal players, so most people here, who don't watch the Steelers would say that Q is the better player. Here it is probably 40/60 that Ward is better, but on any other board it would be 75/25 or more that Ward is better.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Comparing Q to Amare is so bad. Amare will be the best player in the NBA soon, while Q is just a really good WR. Also, calling Q a winner is pretty bad, our recored with him on the team (counting game's where he is out due to his chronic injuries) we are 13-31, is that a winning record, or are you just trying to pimp Boldin?

The fact is, that pointing to a W/L to judge how 'good' a player is freakin' stupid in any case because football is a team game. So lets not even go there.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

Its the Cardinals bro....Denny Green was a winner before he got here too....

I remember his FSU years being pretty damn good and he won a high school championship as a QB if you really want to get into semantics...:thumbup:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Kinda like the same homer who completly ignores LD false starts and says he is the best Tackle in the league. Lets compare Leonard "Drive Killer" Davis to say Marvel Smith (since we are comparing AZ layers to Pitt players) who is a 7th round draft pick. Lets see who most people feel is better there!

Find where I ever said LD was the best tackle in the NFL, seriously find it! Also, Smith was a 2nd rounder (from an AZ college nonetheless) so you were wrong twice in a two line post, that's pretty sweet.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Why in god's name do people keep pointing to the team win vs. loss and Q's ability in the same sentence?

The man is very good but it is a team sport. Arizona doesn't nearly have the TEAM around Q that Ward has in Pittsburgh.

It is a ridiculous arguement IMHO.

Brother Davis??

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Redsz said:
The fact is, that pointing to a W/L to judge how 'good' a player is freakin' stupid in any case because football is a team game. So lets not even go there.

Crap.

Beat me to it.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Redsz said:

Finest said Boldin was a winner and I was proving that Boldin hasn't shown that on an NFL level, while Ward has.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Why in god's name do people keep pointing to the team win vs. loss and Q's ability in the same sentence?

The man is very good but it is a team sport. Arizona doesn't nearly have the TEAM around Q that Ward has in Pittsburgh.

It is a ridiculous arguement IMHO.

Brother Davis??[/QUOTE]

I'm still here Brother Harley, I know you feel I am slipping into darkness, but I am not. I just feel Ward is better, that's it.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Finest said Boldin was a winner and I was proving that Boldin hasn't shown that on an NFL level, while Ward has.

WHAT?!

The Cards not winning isn't Boldin's FAULT. If anything, he

Nevermind. This is a ridiculous arguement.

Absolutely ridiculous.