Spurs @ Suns 12-15-16

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs play at the Suns tonight with a 7 p.m. Arizona start time.

It's never an easy task to beat the Spurs.

Here is an update from Paul Coro at azcentral dated 12-14-16.

Spurs update:
San Antonio (19-5) is 13-1 away from home after taking its first road loss of the season last week at Chicago. Kawhi Leonard is following up his MVP runner-up season with more outstanding two-way play. He is averaging 24.7 points, 6.0 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. LaMarcus Aldridge is shooting 47.6 percent from 3-point range to help his 16.5 scoring average. The Spurs shoot 40 percent on 3s as a team and rank as the No. 4 scoring defense, allowing 97.8 points per game.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...-defensive-poy-goal-marquese-chriss/95450242/

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Spurs are getting preferential treatment in a physical game. They are getting the calls. Bender makes a nice drive to the basket only to be called for an offensive foul.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Spurs are getting preferential treatment in a physical game. They are getting the calls. Bender makes a nice drive to the basket only to be called for an offensive foul.

This all feels vaguely familiar... lol Especially with Barbosa out there. chills. lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns lose 107-92.

At least the youngsters (deep bench) got playing near the end of the game specifically, Ulis, Derrick Jones Jr. and John Jenkins.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That was a legit move and score by Bender. Its sad because he did everything right but gets punished.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's like watching two mile runners, and the better one spends the first three laps drafting a few steps behind the other one, knowing that he'll have the kick to blow by him at the end. Practically every Spurs-Suns game of the last dozen years has followed this pattern.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
That was a terrible call. Chandler got into foul trouble and our big men were not strong enough against Pau and Aldridge. I appreciate Tucker's hustle but I have no idea why he gets so many minutes. Watching both Tucker and Dudley on the floor at the same time is painful too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a terrible call. Chandler got into foul trouble and our big men were not strong enough against Pau and Aldridge. I appreciate Tucker's hustle but I have no idea why he gets so many minutes. Watching both Tucker and Dudley on the floor at the same time is painful too.

I agree it's not pretty but I think the Suns play Tucker because he is as close to a defensive stopper the Suns have.

Errntknght

Reaction score
If Bled can play off the bench like he did for Clips, he'll be a good backup PG once Ulis takes over the starting spot. True, we probably have to get rid of Watson for that to happen as he seems to have little regard for Tyler's game.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am NOT a fan of Bledsoe, but benching him in favor of Ulis is just silly. Bledsoe is a legitimate NBA player. I like Ulis, and would love to see him get more minutes, but let's see if he can handle 12 minutes off the bench before we demote Bledsoe.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I am NOT a fan of Bledsoe, but benching him in favor of Ulis is just silly. Bledsoe is a legitimate NBA player. I like Ulis, and would love to see him get more minutes, but let's see if he can handle 12 minutes off the bench before we demote Bledsoe.

I would love to see Ulis getting 12 minutes consistently. If Watson would do that, I'd think maybe there was some hope for him after all. Maybe. Even better if he'd come up with steady slots for all the young guys so they'd be on the floor with the same teammates every game - at least for weeks at a time. One might start to believe he actually had a plan. He's in a perfect situation to do that since no reasonable person could have high expectations for this group as far as winning games is concerned. As it is he's still losing games at a historic clip while making no discernible progress.