Spurs @ Suns - Game Thread - Tuesday May 8, 2007 - 7:30 pm - TNT

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Some way, some how, I think we win this game. We started badly the first game, had everything go bad for us, and still had a chance to win.

The start is critical, as is the start of the 3rd quarter. I'm psyched.

Too many of you are too quick to blame the coach when players fail to perform. Our players lost that last game, not the coach.

HEY!

Who are you, and what have you done with skkorp?!?!?!?!

:D

:raccoon:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your dead.

/Gee

I'm *not* dead!".

"'Ere. He says he's not dead." says the Plague Official

Family member ---->"He will be soon. He's very ill."

"I'm getting better!"

Family member ---->~ "You're not. You'll be stone dead in a few minutes."

"I can't take him like this. It's against regulations!" says the Plague Official

"I don't want to go on the cart."

Family member ---->~ "Don't be such a baby."

"I feel fine! I think I'll go for a walk."

Family member ---->~ says to me "You're not fooling anyone you know."

Family member ----> to Plague Official "Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't be long. Isn't there anything you could do?"

"I feel happy... I feel happy!"

Plague Official ------------> :trout:...............:thud:<----Me.

Family member ---->"Thanks very much" ------------> handing over his ninepence to Plague Official.

That's all right." says the offical, "See you on Thursday."

:lmao:

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh.. nope.. shoulda known it was a movie.. i never get movie quotes cuz i never watch any lol..
One of the more memorable scenes is when two officials are cruising around with a wheelbarrow calling out "Bring out your dead" to all the poor people of the country (disease ridden area...plague, etc.). Probably the only way I can think of where a person would say "your dead" and have it be proper English. The scene he quoted is about a family that brought out 'their dead', but the guy wasn't really dead. Very funny--I'm doing a HORRIBLE job explaining.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Nice comment from McCallum (SI) today -- too bad the right people aren't around to read it:

"But both the Spurs, who won Sunday's opener 111-106 at US Airways Center in Phoenix, and the Suns, whose superstar point guard, Steve Nash, spilled more blood in Game 1 than Floyd Mayweather and Oscar De La Hoya did last Saturday night in Las Vegas, have more heart than the Duds from Big D."

:thumbup:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Too bad we aren't competing against the Mavericks...

I'll watch tonight, of course, but I'm afraid to. I wish I had the discipline to do something else instead, because I know I'd be happier.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll watch tonight, of course, but I'm afraid to. I wish I had the discipline to do something else instead, because I know I'd be happier.

i think you and I are more alike than you realize. I've contemplated going to the movies tonight - seriously, but I just can't do it.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score

Have no fear. Around 10:30 tonight you'll be wearing a big smile, you'll be humming elevator music, and you'll sleep like a baby in between dreams of spectacular highlight throwdowns.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have no fear. Around 10:30 tonight you'll be wearing a big smile, you'll be humming elevator music, and you'll sleep like a baby in between dreams of spectacular highlight throwdowns.

ms, I've never wanted you to be so right and me to be sooooooooo wrong in my entire life!

I'll say this, if the above DOES happen, it's gonna take about 8 Tylenol PMs to put my wired ass to sleep because if we win, this is an actual series!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ms, I've never wanted you to be so right and me to be sooooooooo wrong in my entire life!

I'll say this, if the above DOES happen, it's gonna take about 8 Tylenol PMs to put my wired ass to sleep because if we win, this is an actual series!
I know you're being funny...but please don't do that to your liver.

Tylenol = REALLY bad for your liver.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you're being funny...but please don't do that to your liver.

Tylenol = REALLY bad for your liver.

would you rather me pound 10 beers to put me to sleep cause it's one or the other if we win!

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score

As mentioned before, I get disgusted watching the Spurs no matter who they're playing. But I find an anti-nausea pill washed down with margarita #1 and a pitcher in the freezer makes it bearable.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please beat the spurs tonight guys it would suck having to watch espn all week with seeing the suns down 0-2 so dont let it happen guys play hard and with lots of energy LETS GO SUNS BEAT THE SPURS THIS GAME IS THE SEASON

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Suns are going to win by 8 because I am going to sit in a different seat and wear a different pair of shorts. I ask that all true Suns fans make their game adjustments so that we can change the course of this series and win our first championship!!! It's up to us!

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
LETS GO MARION!!! Clean up the boards and bring your A-Game! He should get at least 6 blocks today guarding TP.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've got my bright orange shirt on! need all the mojo we can muster tonight!

DB!

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
LETS GO MARION!!! Clean up the boards and bring your A-Game! He should get at least 6 blocks today guarding TP.

And while we're at it --

LET'S GO STAT!!! Hit those layups and bring your A-Game!
“Amaré was (6-for-19 in Game 1). Against this defense, he has to be 13-for-19,” D’Antoni said.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

San Antonio wants to keep the score below 100, but despite the 111-106 Game 1 final , it was Phoenix that appeared to be climbing uphill most of the game, often forced to hit tough shots to keep within striking distance. The Spurs play the league's best transition defense and, as expected, they made Phoenix play half-court ball.

Phoenix's goal is to get shots up quickly, but when San Antonio contains early offense, the Suns must be cautious in their shot selection. San Antonio's D makes each possession too important to exchange quality looks for tempo, and the same way Phoenix' offense relies on quick shots to feed the pace, San Antonio's defense builds momentum from quick-shot misses and long possessions at the other end.

We wrote in the series preview about Amare Stoudemire's need to stay out of foul trouble, as he is Phoenix's only true interior presence. In Game 1 he picked up his third foul in the first half on a crucial four-point swing call (Phoenix was in transition with a six-point lead as the whistle blew, resulting in a potential eight-point lead being reduced to four with a pair of Duncan foul shots), causing Mike D'Antoni to take him off Tim Duncan defensively.
Duncan was then guarded by Kurt Thomas, Boris Diaw and Shawn Marion until the fourth quarter, when D'Antoni switched back to Stoudemire and Phoenix closed the lead. No single player is going to stop Duncan -- and Phoenix did play him straight up pretty much the whole game -- but Stoudemire neutralizes him when they are head-to-head and has a history of doing so. Keeping Stoudemire from early foul trouble will be at the top of Phoenix's agenda as they plan for Game 2.

In the meantime, will Phoenix consider an adjustment should Stoudemire once again land in foul trouble? Duncan scored too easily against Phoenix's alternate defenders and the Suns may look to make other people than Duncan beat them while being guarded straight up by anyone not named Amare. The only consistent double-team on Duncan came off Jacque Vaughn's man, and it proved to be effective, forcing the kickout. Vaughn's looks didn't burn the Suns.

A big storyline from Game 1 was San Antonio's ability to control the boards. The Spurs dominated the glass not with frontline players, but from the 1, 2 and 3 spots, where they posted at 22-7 advantage. In Game 2 the Suns must do a better job in particular of limiting San Antonio to one shot. Keeping wings at home may limit early offense and feed San Antonio's style, but the Spurs' D makes possessions too valuable to allow them an additional 14 shots via the offensive glass.

With Stoudemire in foul trouble, Steve Nash out for most of the final minute and San Antonio largely controlling the pace, Game 1 was nonetheless right there for Phoenix to win, and they will take energy away from this.

Phoenix would be in a precarious place if it were to drop the first two at home, but we like the way the Suns handled adversity in Game 1, despite the loss. Right now San Antonio and Detroit are playing the best ball in the league, but the beauty of the playoffs is that it can change on a dime.

[FONT=Arial,Hevetica,sans-serif]PREDICTION: Phoenix wins Game 2[/FONT]

I hate to spoil the fun, especially at a time like this, but this is a blatant copy/paste job from ESPN Insider, without so much as a link or even citation. Last time I checked, this was very much against the rules of ASFN... :nono:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/play...ist=thorpe_david&page=ScoutingSpursSuns-Game2

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=44083

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT - but this is pretty damn impressive and bears being mentioned - Lebron has socred 20 or more in his first 20 playoff games - that's RIDICULOUS. Only Wilt did better, scoring 20 or more in his first 28 playoff games.

We gotta win titles NOW before Cleveland actually lucks into finding the Robyn to this kid's ridiculous Batman and starts winning titles at a MJ-type clip.

LET'S GO SUNS!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Please beat the spurs tonight guys it would suck having to watch espn all week with seeing the suns down 0-2 so dont let it happen guys play hard and with lots of energy LETS GO SUNS BEAT THE SPURS THIS GAME IS THE SEASON

no kidding.

I havent watched any sports channel since sunday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05