Spurs @ Suns - Game Thread - Tuesday May 8, 2007 - 7:30 pm - TNT

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Seriously, steve nash might be the stupidest defensive player in the nba. With 15 secs left, i would have bet my life the half would end with bowen hitting a 3.

He does that all the time, just blatantly leaving a guy for no reason whatsoever, in fact he went up to marion with 15 secs left and basically told everyone he was leaving bowen. Why? Let parker try and score over marion, instead of giving bowen a wide open 3 in his sweet spot.

So damn frustrating.

I was thinking the same thing

I really can't believe he gave it away to the entire spurs team that he was going to come and help Marion when he taped him on the back.

Seriously its plays like this that make me say Nash should be subbed out on crucial defensive possesion in favor of Marcus Banks.

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
I've noticed that the Spurs hold players far more than other teams on the pick and roll. Not only will they hold Steve's arm, but they will also hold Amare or whoever while they are trying to roll. This should be called and hasn't. I am not even referring to the Manu incident with this comment, but I am sick of watching TD ward players off with his off arm in the low post and Manu, Horry, and Bowen hold players constantly. BTW, we should be up 15 right now... Can we please get a shot to drop???

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare shoulda kicked Manu in the damn nose when he was holding his leg.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Spurs are dirty. Last game Duncan pulled Amare down. Today Flopoli held Amare. How the hell refs miss these so obvious crap?????

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
This officiating has been piss poor so far in my opinion. TD foul call against Amare, the Manu hold on Amare, and a bunch of no calls for us. Not to mention TP dive mid air when he wasn't touched in the paint.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The ref was right infron of Amare and Ginboli when he locked Amare's leg with his leg and held him with his arm.
How can he NOT see that?

The kicked ball call on Bell was also hilarious. Of course that was intentional, sarcasm.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing

I really can't believe he gave it away to the entire spurs team that he was going to come and help Marion when he taped him on the back.

Seriously its plays like this that make me say Nash should be subbed out on crucial defensive possesion in favor of Marcus Banks.

He didn't even leave the guy he half assed it in the lane. Our defense is pretty much as follows

- weak double team
- Bad rotation
- two to three guys run at shooter too late
- opponent scores or gets offensive rebound

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Call me overworried but it seems like the Suns have given out about a half dozen knockout shots and the Spurs are still in striking distance.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare was even pointing at it, trying to call attention to it...freakin ridiculous

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Call me overworried but it seems like the Suns have given out about a half dozen knockout shots and the Spurs are still in striking distance.

This game is far from over, it wouldn't shock me at all if the spurs come out and hit 2 threes back to back to start the second half

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
the worst part about the nocall on Manu is that if Amare tried to wiggle free, Manu would of acted like Amare kicked him and Amare would of gotten his second PF.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Kurt Thomas is playing a good amount of minutes finally! What's his +/- for tonight, it seems like it would be a huge number.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We are "only" losing the rebounding battle by 5, keep it that way and we win.. if it widens we lose..

Utah, SA, Cleveland.. they all dominated the boards and thats why they won all the 2nd round games so far.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I've thrown a few things. Frustrating as hell, but it is what it is, and it ain't gonna change. Use it as motivation and play through it. Another half like the first one and they'll be okay.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
YES!!! Wow. Nash is just so smart as a team leader. Amare is frustrated on a dunk attempt - they come back after some great D - and even through he has an easy lefty layup, Nash makes the great pass in transition to Amare for the SLAM!!

Builds Amare's confidence - gets the crowd going - gets the team going - just brilliant.

Oh, and Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell? THIS is why we brought them to this team. Thomas just rocks on Duncan. Bell is all balls. Loving it!

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Oh, and Duncan gets such cr#* calls sometimes. Loose ball, flails arms, gets call. *sigh*

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Huzzah! This team can play half-court ball! This line up is rigged for it! Nash-Bell-Marion-Amare-Thomas!

Then switch it up and run fast for awhile - then slow it down and beat em inside again. That's how we might beat the Spurs (I hope and hope).

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thomas had to leave w/ 3 fouls, so it looks like Amare is playing TD and trying not to pick up his third...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05