Pat Burke
Andre Barrett
Boris Diaw

That would look like an expansion team lineup :eek:

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Parker won't be guarded by Shawn Marion.

If Nash and Marion are both in, I guarantee that Marion will start out guarding Parker--that's how the Suns matched up in the last Spurs game, and Nash didn't even have a sprained ankle for that game.

If it's Marion and Barbosa starting, Barbosa might get the first crack at TP.

The current line for tonight's game is Spurs -2, following some comments by D'Antoni indicating that Marion and Nash are both probable. Personally, I'd sit Nash tonight and not worry too much about the victory: the Suns are pretty much locked in to the #2 seed now, and Nash could use a pre-playoff rest even if his ankle injury isn't serious.

Anyway, here's hoping for a good game from the Suns' role players, and that the Suns can stay competitive tonight no matter what the injury report turns out to be. :thumbup:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think it's funny that if Nash sits, everyone considers it a "pre-playoff" rest. Kinda funny since there are still 23 games left in the regular season.

A pre-playoff rest is taking off the last week of the season, not in a game on March 9th. If Nash rests, it will be only because of his ankle, not wanting to "save" him for the playoffs.

reader

Veteran
Reaction score
On the NBA web site, Steve Kerr gives his game breakdown. He points out that the Suns want Shawn on Parker and Nash on Bowen. If you watch it, the first minute is just filler, he does not talk about the game until later.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that LB is out with a groin injury, and Nash isnt playing either. House is playing the point

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that LB is out with a groin injury, and Nash isnt playing either. House is playing the point

Seriously? What's he going to do, play all 48 minutes?

This ought to be interesting.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I think Diaw will be playing center and point guard in the same game.
Maybe even at the same time.

Maybe we have to play Barrett?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
This is freaking nuts!

Out:

Nash
Barbosa
Amare
KT
Jones
Grant
Thompson
Skita

Marion and TT are sick, so their game may suffer. The only truly healthy players are:

Diaw
Bell
House
Burke
Barrett

Did i forget anyone?

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Maybe we have to play Barrett?

I don't see how it can be avoided. The Suns are completely understaffed, so they'll have to use everyone they possibly can.

(Edit: Jones is out too, right?)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The damn philly game is going to goto OT! Why does this ALWAYS happen when the Suns play on national TV? Oh well, guess we'll get to see 3 quarters. :rolleyes:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
TNT is saying that James Jones is starting with Bell at the PG position. :shrug:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Yuma said:
TNT is saying that James Jones is starting with Bell at the PG position. :shrug:

You are correct.

Although, Diaw is the main ball handler.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
Defense, anyone?

You're acting like we've been playing defense for all of this winning streak or something. We seem to have gone to a rope a dope defense lately.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're playing great defense for the size we have against the Spurs right now...

Diaw against Duncan? Please...we're doing fine, and the Spurs are shooting the lights out...they'll start missing.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm saying that Ginobli guy can hit a few shots when nobody's around him. Bell played him perfectly when the refs bailed Ginobli out on an acting job. Give that man an Oscar.

BTW, this Barrett kid looks to have some value. If this is how he looks in practice, they should sign him for the rest of the season.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
has anyone heard how long barbosa is out.
this season and the injuries for this team has been the most ludicrous thing i can remember.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05