Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't the Suns have most of these old guys on their wish list? (Obviously not Thomas) I wouldn't be totally shocked to see the suns make a push for Barry or Finley, they will be cheap.

I know there were some things said that made KT unhappy with Kerr, but I'd love to have him back. I'd give him $2 million just to take him from the Spurs.

Depending on who they draft, I'd love to add Barry. He only played 31 games, but did a very good job when he played.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Without Horry striking his patented Big, eh Cheap, Shots, Spurs have no chance against the elites in the West, which are Lakers and NO this year. ;)

14 rings

Reaction score
God seeing a Spurs fan say this was so satisfying for me

Spurs paid the refs for Kobe not to shoot freethrows. Even on a shooting foul he can't get to line. XD Damn we suck!

14 rings

Reaction score
Laker fans chanting "we want Boston!", don't worry so does the NBA.

lol best part about this is every Spurs fan I've talked to said the officiating was in their favor tonight, that the Lakers got screwed a number of times.

Good stuff.

Lakers win 4-1, Kobe averages 2 FTs a game for the series, a career low.

The real story of this series was SA's struggle shooting the ball and Kobe being very effective against a team that was supposed to shut him down to an extent.

29 PPG on 53% shooting for the series. Spurs shoot 38% from the field in 3 of their losses.

Amazing performance by Kobe tonight, it was alot of fun to watch someone take over like that.

*- Almost forgot, Spurs shoot more FTs for the series even with LA having one more home game.

Trophytown

Registered
Reaction score
Im not so sure you heard fans chanting they wanted Boston, moreso than they were chanting " We want Tacos". Fans get free tacos when the Lakers score over 99 points. Its a common chant when the game is in the closing minutes and the team is on the verge of hitting the century mark.

But i could be wrong

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not so sure you heard fans chanting they wanted Boston, moreso than they were chanting " We want Tacos". Fans get free tacos when the Lakers score over 99 points. Its a common chant when the game is in the closing minutes and the team is on the verge of hitting the century mark.

But i could be wrong

What i ws surprised to hear was the fans booing the Spurs when Jerry west was trying to get the crowd to applaud them for their effort.

LOL, and i thought Suns fans hate the Spurms more than any.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers are a good team, I still hate their fans.

You really hate me Squid? Really? Hate? Man...that's rough. At least we beat your biggest rival...that should count for something. Plus I wanted you to beat the Spurs too. :shrug:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny how pop didnt play Horry at the end, scared he would pull out his dangerous hip check? and i also noticed the dude wasnt around to shake hands after the game, sore loser? I cant imagine why with all those rings

Hey, noticed that too. Odd, since he has history with the team. Didn't see Bob anywhere, and I was looking for him. Good observation.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What i ws surprised to hear was the fans booing the Spurs when Jerry west was trying to get the crowd to applaud them for their effort.

LOL, and i thought Suns fans hate the Spurms more than any.

No, we freaking HATE the spurs like nobody's business. Like the Suns, the Spurs have stopped great Laker teams en route to a title. The Spurs have just been more of a thorn in your side than ours, but the Spurs took us down while the Kings did not.

The Suns fans and Laker fans can agree on the piss poor WC rep the Spurs are in the Finals...hell, we agree on something!!! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank all the Suns fans that were rooting for the Lakers in this series...and there were many. With that kind of Karma, we were able to slay the dirty playing beasts, despite a crazy series of Spur fouls going uncalled late in the game (shoving pau, tony parker shoving off = foul on Fish, etc).

Thanks for the good karma. Our guys will try to win one for the West in the Finals, and if it is against Boston, I hope Suns fans will remember when Boston screwed them out of a title two decades ago and will want us to slay that green cancer too.

Hell, West above East...I'd have been the biggest suns fan if they were in this position too. I hate both Eastern Conference finals teams...douchebag teams if there ever were ones.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers win in 6.

Toughest/closest games will be games 4 and 6, which the Lakers will win both of, in SA.

G1: LW
G2: LW
G3: SW
G4: LW
G5: SW
G6: LW

Kobe likes playing in San Antone, and the Lakes are due a loss on their home court.

4-2 to the defending Champs? Wow...that's either wishful thinking or don't have much respect for the Spurs. Nothing would surprise me in this series though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 4-2 outcome in favor of the Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised to see this go 7.

I am hoping for a Spurs-Detroit finals so that the ratings suck once again for the finals. Of course with the Spurs losing which will send their team into the abyss of perpetual losing for the next 10 years.

Hmmm. Not wishful thinking. Maybe I had too much respect for the Spurs. :D

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
Man, that was the biggest beatdown I have ever seen in NBA history. The Spurs didn't even belong in the playoffs, not even in the EAST!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
You really hate me Squid? Really? Hate? Man...that's rough. At least we beat your biggest rival...that should count for something. Plus I wanted you to beat the Spurs too. :shrug:

No of course not, I don't hate you personally.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I'd like to thank all the Suns fans that were rooting for the Lakers in this series...and there were many. With that kind of Karma, we were able to slay the dirty playing beasts, despite a crazy series of Spur fouls going uncalled late in the game (shoving pau, tony parker shoving off = foul on Fish, etc).

Thanks for the good karma. Our guys will try to win one for the West in the Finals, and if it is against Boston, I hope Suns fans will remember when Boston screwed them out of a title two decades ago and will want us to slay that green cancer too.

Hell, West above East...I'd have been the biggest suns fan if they were in this position too. I hate both Eastern Conference finals teams...douchebag teams if there ever were ones.

I don't really understand the groveling Suns fans are doing in this thread.

The Lakers are a good team and earned their wins something must be said for only playing 15 games in a tough Western Conference. I am man enough to admit the obvious, but I am not going to throw my panties on stage either.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet:

Did anyone else see Baron Davis sitting right next to the Laker bench last night? Wearing an ugly Warrior hat.

Man, that seemed odd to me.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet:

Did anyone else see Baron Davis sitting right next to the Laker bench last night? Wearing an ugly Warrior hat.

Man, that seemed odd to me.

It wasnt a Warriors hat. It was some other weird league. I'll see if I can find a pic.

The Hundreds.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05