Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Is Kobe hurting, being shut down, or just taking his time?

He would probably explode in the second half.

Kobe is just sandbagging it. He's trying to get his team involved. He'll go off in the next half.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
I see that the Spurs are in trouble, Kobe scored only 2 points, attempted 3. And they are only up by 8. We all know that Kobe is going to get his.

I think the Lakers will win this game.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The 3rd qtr will be the tell tale for this game. That is where the Spurs start screwing up.
You mean thats when the whistles start to even out and home court advantage becomes a factor.
Doug Collins is clueless if he believes the Sterns don't foul.
Certain teams simply get away with more contact due to their defensive "reputation." It's not a conspiracy but that doesn't make it right.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Great game so far.

One thing that irked me though, was when they called a reach in foul on Fisher when he clearly tipped the ball away.

The bad call isn't the problem. It's the fact that there was two referees on either side of the play. The ref with the perfect angle on the play, didn't blow the whistle (because there was no foul) and proceeded to sprint downcourt awiting a Laker fastbreak

Instead, the ref who was blindsided to Fisher's swipe, makes a call on what he thought he saw happen.

This shouldn't happen. Or at the very least, the ref who had the better position should've over-ruled the decision.

Other than that, the game has been entertaining. Parker's got it going on and you know Kobe's ready to take control

I love the NBA!

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
I see that the Spurs are in trouble, Kobe scored only 2 points, attempted 3. And they are only up by 8. We all know that Kobe is going to get his.

I think the Lakers will win this game.

Geez. You think? The question is, will the Lakers be able to stop Timmah. 7/13 in the first half for 16 points. Yikes.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great game so far.

One thing that irked me though, was when they called a reach in foul on Fisher when he clearly tipped the ball away.

The bad call isn't the problem. It's the fact that there was two referees on either side of the play. The ref with the perfect angle on the play, didn't blow the whistle (because there was no foul) and proceeded to sprint downcourt awiting a Laker fastbreak

Instead, the ref who was blindsided to Fisher's swipe, makes a call on what he thought he saw happen.

This shouldn't happen. Or at the very least, the ref who had the better position should've over-ruled the decision.

Other than that, the game has been entertaining. Parker's got it going on and you know Kobe's ready to take control

I love the NBA!
Yeah and on the other end Floppy took two swipes at Fisher/ball and resulted in a no call.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
Great game so far.

I love the NBA!

Dude. Fisher clearly smacked Ginobli on his hand. That was the right call.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
C'mon Parker. There was no need for the acting.

That's the soccer genes kicking in right there...

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Dude. Fisher clearly smacked Ginobli on his hand. That was the right call.

I'm pretty sure he hit the ball. Even if there was slight contact to the hand (And it would've been slight) it was still a bad call IMO.

Like I said, the ref that had the perfect position called it a fair steal

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
C'mon Parker. There was no need for the acting.

That's the soccer genes kicking in right there...

Once again. Clearly a foul. Rad hit him in the back of his head. But of course, the Spurs act. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
passenger

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
when i have written to "why are the lakers the team to beat" thread,i ve told spurs are still the team to beat and lakers will have PG problem in further games,fisher-vuja-farmar wont be enough.

all lakers fans accused me,got agressive but looks like parker will own fisher in the series.if lakers lose this,i wont be surprised if spurs sweep them.

fisher is 0-5 with three fouls,1 assist,1 turnover.

and dont get me wrong,i was rooting for spurs but looks like lakers are easier opponent to spurs than the suns.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Wow, the Spurs are killing the Lakers. It's like the Lakers are the ones who are tired :D

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Once again. Clearly a foul. Rad hit him in the back of his head. But of course, the Spurs act. :rolleyes:

LOL!

Dude, I'm not a Spurs/refs/stern/*insert excuse* guy.

I know Parker got hit. He got hit on the back of the head/neck and instinctively grabbed his face. He didn't need to. The foul was there and it was called.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does it look like Lakers stands no chance in this series, makes it obvious that the best one-on-one defense for Duncan so far in this playoff is Shaq.
He is killing LA.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
When will the talks about the Spurs involving fouls ever end? :D

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spurs up 65-59 with 2:20 left in 3rd quarter. Lakers were down 20 points at 1 point in the 3rd.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Man to launch a three, when the MVP is 3 feet away from you DEMANDING the ball. Balls.

TD get's molested, no call.

Kobe goes strong, denied by Duncan. Then misses to FT's.

Spur lead cut to 6. Staples Centre buzzin'.

I LOVE THIS GAME!