Stop being a slave to Edge...

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Leinart said it best.. we were throwing all over them with the 4 WR set...and we should have thrown more...

But Dennis Green is a slave to Edgerrin James... despite the fact we cant run for crap...

36 carries for 55 yards... that is ridiculous... how do u continue to run the ball when the stats are that bad

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You need to think harder before you type.

Someone delete this crap

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I kind of agree, playcalling or Edge whatever it was it was a losing strategy.

There isn't any one thing that lost the game again, they are getting leads and they are not built for that, they are a passing team and coaches turtle when they get a lead and refuse to pass much.

Had we passed on them 10 of those 36 carries it's hard to see how we lose the game unless you believe Matt would turn it over, maybe but we'll never know.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
5 yard short passes are better than 1 yard RUN gains to edge EVERY SINGLE FIRST DOWN.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Leinart said it best.. we were throwing all over them with the 4 WR set...and we should have thrown more...

But Dennis Green is a slave to Edgerrin James... despite the fact we cant run for crap...

36 carries for 55 yards... that is ridiculous... how do u continue to run the ball when the stats are that bad

Totally agree.

Seems like some of the playcalling was done to appease Edge's whining.

Screw him and his ego.

Rowen and Green need to not worry about a cry-baby and CALL THE GAME TO WIN THE GAME!!!!

OP
OP
B

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
The bottomline is that they cater to this guy cause he was the first bigtime FA to ever sign here... and he's not afraid to open his mouth and rip people...

Therefore, Green doesnt wanna get called out anymore or have his star pissed off...

Thats the only possible reason for 36 carries, 56 yards..

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I absolutely agree.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Long term winning comes with balance.

A team can't win without being able to run and running doesn't happen magically by waving a wand.

What a coach hopes for is that if the running game is ineffective early that repetition will tire out the opposing defense, opening for larger gains as the game goes on.

What's not counted on is the Line's complete inability to create even the smallest crease to allow for any north/south movement.

Duetto

Rookie
Reaction score
You can not carry the ball 36 times and not even once make a play. He just ran into open arms and layed down. At some point Edge should have tried something different, bounce it outside, move a little, spin, jump anything!!!!!! According to ESPN Edge holds the alltime record for least yrds with 36 carries....... NICE!

OP
OP
B

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Edge doesnt impress me at all at this stage in his career... Even when he gets running room... he doesnt break tackles or make people miss..

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Long term winning comes with balance.

A team can't win without being able to run and running doesn't happen magically by waving a wand.

What a coach hopes for is that if the running game is ineffective early that repetition will tire out the opposing defense, opening for larger gains as the game goes on.

What's not counted on is the Line's complete inability to create even the smallest crease to allow for any north/south movement.

This was the Bears for the love of all that is Holy, you can't run on the Bears you can however pass on them with their DB's being carted off the field.

We should have thrown more, but I do understand the mentality if Matt throws a pick 6 there same result and they get tarred and feathered.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was the Bears for the love of all that is Holy, you can't run on the Bears you can however pass on them with their DB's being carted off the field.

We should have thrown more, but I do understand the mentality if Matt throws a pick 6 there same result and they get tarred and feathered.

I'm not saying run the ball every single down.

And the Bears are really good at stopping the run. Before this game they were 5th best of 32 teams. The way the Oline blocked it made the Bears seem like the greatest of all time.

OP
OP
B

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
While I agree that we should have thrown more... lets not pretend like this OLine is trustworthy protecting the QB... I really think Rowen and company didnt really trust letting Matt air it out especially knowing this Oline is hit or miss with thier pass blocking

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm not saying run the ball every single down.

And the Bears are really good at stopping the run. Before this game they were 5th best of 32 teams. The way the Oline blocked it made the Bears seem like the greatest of all time.

Well you're right it was bad but it just got formed we started two new starters again and they did relatively good at pass blocking, run blocking will come, need to insert Lutui into Ross's spot the rest of the year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Christ conrad. How about a little misdirection pitch play or something.

Run the ball on 3rd and one. That's fine. But call something they haven't seen all night.

Anyway it doesn't matter. The cardinals were destined to lose this game.

It could've been vince lombardy, walter payton and joe montana out there, and as long as they had redbirds on their helmets, they would have lost.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Run the ball on 3rd and one. That's fine. But call something they haven't seen all night.

Anyway it doesn't matter. The cardinals were destined to lose this game.

It could've been vince lombardy, walter payton and joe montana out there, and as long as they had redbirds on their helmets, they would have lost.

I don't believe that, that's just crap, the media is going to orgy on this until the Bears get the smackdown that's comming to them then they'll yawn and move on.

Matt Leinart will lead this team out of this crap, if not I quit watching football.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

As bad as the straight-up blocking was, I tremble at the thought of just how bad a trickier play could have gone.

The again, it couldn't have gotten worse...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't believe that, that's just crap, the media is going to orgy on this until the Bears get the smackdown that's comming to them then they'll yawn and move on.

Matt Leinart will lead this team out of this crap, if not I quit watching football.

Maybe your right, but has it ever been this bad?

You and I came on board about the same time, am I right? Mid-seventies?

Has it ever been this bad? This embarrasing? I'm still in, but in the name of all that is holy, how long do we have to suffer through this crap?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IF you are going to run the ball 38 times in a game, Edge shouldn't get 36 of them.

How about mixing it up more? JJ had two carries for 11 yards.

Shipp was in once I saw and didn't get a carry. Femi is a decent running FB.

Edge: 25 carries.
JJ: 7 carries.
Shipp: 4 carries
Femi 2 carries

There....there is your 38 rushing attempts. Hell, throw in an end-around for good measure. But pushing Edge for 36 carries is stupid, unless he's popping off at 4.5 per carry. Not at 1.2 per carry. MIX IT UP!!!! Look at Pittsburgh running Willie Parker, Najeh Poopenport and Verron Haynes all in the drubbing of KC. Did they just lean on Parker? Hell no.

It's like the concept of a change of pace back is completely forgotten with this team.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
IF you are going to run the ball 38 times in a game, Edge shouldn't get 36 of them.

How about mixing it up more? JJ had two carries for 11 yards.

Shipp was in once I saw and didn't get a carry. Femi is a decent running FB.

Edge: 25 carries.
JJ: 7 carries.
Shipp: 4 carries
Femi 2 carries

There....there is your 38 rushing attempts. Hell, throw in an end-around for good measure. But pushing Edge for 36 carries is stupid, unless he's popping off at 4.5 per carry. Not at 1.2 per carry. MIX IT UP!!!! Look at Pittsburgh running Willie Parker, Najeh Poopenport and Verron Haynes all in the drubbing of KC. Did they just lean on Parker? Hell no.

It's like the concept of a change of pace back is completely forgotten with this team.

That's because everyone is on pins and needles wondering if Edge is going to go postal about sucking here and how he was wrong about comming here and basically becoming a PR nightmare.

I think this game goes a long way towards making him just another football player here that needs to shut up and do what he's asked to do and that's it.

We've passed that point now, he's going to say what he says, now we just have to fight our way out of it with whoever has got fight in them.

Reaction score
Seems to be another Denny Green MO... catering to the "star".

There was this guy in Minnesota named Moss...

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
Its a no brainer that we have to run the ball a few times. I dont and wont go further than saying that.

But 36 carries? 36 F'in carries!!!!????

I wnet through every game played this week and ONLY ONE other RB got over 30 carries. LJ? no LT? no Jackson? no Tiki? no

Travis Henry had 32 carries. But you wanna know why he had 32 carries??? Do ya? Huh? CAUSE HE RUSHED FOR 5.6 YARDS/ATT!!!

Enough said.....

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to see Arrington for a couple of series next week. Just to do a little
test and compare, and give Edge a shut your mouth and start playing like a $30 millon player should. Who knows, Arrington might, run better than Edge.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05