Suns 2010 Preseason Thread

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
All I can say is, if the Suns do turn out to be awful this season, we'd better not hear any complaining from those of you who were angry that sticking with Nash meant dooming the franchise to perpetual mediocrity.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is, if the Suns do turn out to be awful this season, we'd better not hear any complaining from those of you who were angry that sticking with Nash meant dooming the franchise to perpetual mediocrity.

I'm not following your reasoning here.

I wanted us to move Nash because I believed we were going to be horrible anyway so why not move him while he still had a little value. Also, I figured that we'd be looking at a few years minimum like this so why not take advantage of the the lockout season. If we're destined to have 4 horrible years (for example) why not let the lockout season be one of those 4.

Steve

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wanted us to move Nash because I believed we were going to be horrible anyway so why not move him while he still had a little value.

I didn't mean you specifically, but rather those who maintained that the Suns' front office lacks the courage to be bad. But also, you and I were always far apart in assessing Nash's potential trade value.

Also, I figured that we'd be looking at a few years minimum like this so why not take advantage of the the lockout season. If we're destined to have 4 horrible years (for example) why not let the lockout season be one of those 4.

I don't know how the league would handle draft order after a canceled season, but you can bet that they'd figure out a way to adjust it to the Suns' disadvantage.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What's up with our 3 point shooting? Even Nash is 1/13 from the 3 in preseason. :rolleyes:
Hedo, a 220 lb. Small Forward, has not been the player to replace either of Amare's outstanding strong points -- finishing strong to the basket . . . and drawing defenders away from our 3-point shooters.

Now those defenders can play one-on-one defense and, unfortunately, we are seeing the results. No open 3-point shots.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:confused:
Perpetual mediocrity? I dont know,the term mediocrity is surely defined differently by different segments of the fan base.

Nash shoulda been moved 2 seasons ago,not changing my stance on that. Honestly i dont understand your quip here so maybe i'll just move along....:)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Actually there were plenty of open shots in the games I've watched. The Suns just kept missing.
I'm wondering if that will continue when the season starts.

That being said, if a team is so nonchalant that it does not get itself into regular-season shape from the get-go, how does that bode for a long playoff preparation -- in other words, the regular season?

I believe there are some fine points here which have indeed affected the Suns' performance. Such as team inbalance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05