Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would still like to see Beal come off the bench but with that contract they are not going to do it.
Yeah there was no way that was going to happen. Maybe if he stinks it up at the beginning of the season, but definitely not for the opener.

Beal gets a lot of flack on this board, but I believe he was the 2nd best "3rd best player" in the entire league last season -- although not sure how valid that is, might just have to dump it into the "per36" bucket.

What Beal does provide, and possibly can provide in spades, is GRAVITY. With Tyus out there now and hopefully we'll see a more spry Nurk, we can be really dangerous. Especially with Beal doing back cuts along the baseline, with Book and KD near the free throw stripe. We will FEAST if we have the movement.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
re: Frank Kaminsky returning with a training camp invitation.

When Kaminsky was last with the Suns and actually playing on occasion, I had barely started paying attention again, so I'm hardly familiar with how they used Kaminsky. Tell me if I have him pegged wrong. is Kaminsky basically a Tim Kempton, a player who is a reliable professional but nevertheless strictly third-string? Also, this season would you predict that Kaminsky's appearances will be like Brian Scalabrine's for the 2008 championship Celtics? Scalabrine was called a "human victory cigar" in reference to what Red Auerbach (in)famously did when his Celtics won. WIll Kaminsky even make the roster? I would expect him to, because he's a seasoned professional and because everyone says ad nauseum that this team lacks big men.

Or is Kaminsky honestly better than either of those players?
I have no idea what Kaminsky is today as too much time has passed since we saw him last but he was a solid player for us the year before his injury. The only problem was that Monty kept forgetting he existed or at least that's the excuse he gave when asked why Frank didn't get to play in key games.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I read something the other day that 80% of Americans have some strain of herpes. Blew my mind. I remember that being much lower 20 years ago, although I can't say for certain if the previous stat included all versions.
So what you're really saying is that 80% of the NBA has some type of Frank Kaminsky on their roster?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cutting Frank right before the 2022 playoffs has always bugged me. The players all loved him, he was a coach on the court, even while injured he lurked in every huddle, he would get in dude's ears and pump em up, the absolute definition of a glue guy... and we cut him in April, because he hadn't fully recovered from his knee injury, which might be a defensible decision but for the fact that we already had several players who had no prayer of seeing the court unless disaster struck.

It probably doesn't make a difference, this is probably just 'Suns fan trauma' playing out in my head, but that 2022 team unraveled internally, they beat themselves... I wish Frank had still been there, I don't know how much his leadership would have changed things but he would have counted for a helluva lot more than freakin Elfrid Payton.