Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns really are financially in a bind. Absolutely no way out. I was thinking that Dunn's immediate emergence, the fact that he hit the ground running, creates pressure to hurry up and trade Beal for being not vitally important. But they can't, because of his no-trade clause. I certainly wouldn't trade one of the other two stars.
It should be noted it’s unlikely another team would take on his salary.

The no-trade only says he has to be okay with his new destination.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Duane Rankin

@DuaneRankin

Suns coach Mike Budenholzer said Jusuf Nurkic (finger), Grayson Allen (Achilles) haven't done basketball work and Josh Okogie (hamstring) didn't participate in practice today.
Specifically said Nurkic hasn't had any contact. Working on conditioning.Had scrimmage today

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It should be noted it’s unlikely another team would take on his salary.

The no-trade only says he has to be okay with his new destination.

No trade clauses are bad. I can see it at the end of someone's career like if LeBron wanted one in LA now or Nash had wanted one in his last years here. Before a player is essentially 2-3 years from retiring though it's foolish to give them that leverage. I wouldn't even give Booker one if he asked now. 35+ Years of age would keep issues of it being a negative asset down.

To be fair, I see nothing wrong with handshake deals. If Ishbia and Book had one, I'd respect it and if either side broke the terms then I'd take the side of the one who didn't. To write it into a legally binding contract is too much, IMO.