Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I know people will not believe this from me, but I actually believe this is possible if Dunn keeps playing like this. I think he is that important.

OKC is clearly number 1, but I think we can compete with Dallas and Minnesota for 2nd.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Beal's role is to sit in the corner and wait to shoot a 3 most of the time - who is better at that - Grayson or Beal.

Huh? The convo was about how good Beal would be off the bench. That’s what his role should be because it’s a waste for him to just be on the corner and be a mid-defender at best.

And Allen should be nowhere near the starting lineup. He’s a good bench player and having a backcourt of him and Beal off the bench I think would be ideal.

With Book and KD both on the floor we are never going to get the full value out of Beal - especially because he makes us undersized and worse at defense and rebounding than someone like Dunn or another forward.

I guess what I am saying is that both Dunn or Grayson would be a better starter than Beal, but unfortunately due to his contract and ego we aren't going to do that.

I think almost everyone agrees with that, but if somehow we could transition him to the bench, his impact on second unit should stand in front of Grayson’s.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I know people will not believe this from me, but I actually believe this is possible if Dunn keeps playing like this. I think he is that important.

OKC is clearly number 1, but I think we can compete with Dallas and Minnesota for 2nd.
I mean they did win 49 games last year with less depth and no point guards. They should certainly win at least 50+ games as long as they don't have major injury issues.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah… if he is a good rotation player, that plugs a glaring hole this team has.

And it probably allows them to use Allen/Royce and picks to try and get another serviceable big at some point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean they did win 49 games last year with less depth and no point guards. They should certainly win at least 50+ games as long as they don't have major injury issues.
We got pretty lucky with KD last year though. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him fall back to only about 55-60 games this season.

But they’re definitely better on paper.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We got pretty lucky with KD last year though. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him fall back to only about 55-60 games this season.

But they’re definitely better on paper.
True. We also have to consider them adjusting to Bud's style of offense. We should be top 5 in three point attempts this year and we were just 24th last year. That is a pretty major change in philosophy, but one that I imagine the players will embrace.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We haven't seen the final version of Bud's offense.

The only thing that has been abundantly clear is that Bol Bol STILL parks in the corner on every offensive possession. I would hope that changes at least a little bit with coach Bud.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I wouldn't be that surprised at all...would be a classic Suns team. (Undersized regular season beasts that get beat up in the playoffs)

I think Dallas and Minnesota will take a step back this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that surprised at all...would be a classic Suns team. (Undersized regular season beasts that get beat up in the playoffs)

I think Dallas and Minnesota will take a step back this year.

Yeah… even if the offense comes together and we’re pretty healthy, we’re a solid Big away from being able to really matchup with Minnesota or OKC. Dallas is more of a toss-up for me if the O is running on all cylinders.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah… even if the offense comes together and we’re pretty healthy, we’re a solid Big away from being able to really matchup with Minnesota or OKC. Dallas is more of a toss-up for me if the O is running on all cylinders.
I think adding Klay was a big mistake. He has too much pride and doesn't realize what he is at this point.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

If Dunn is the real deal he’s in the closing lineup over Beal. The odd man out of significant minutes is Grayson. He started every game last year but the additions of Tyus and Dunn nudge him down. Royce is probably not playing much unless there’s injuries.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22