Suns at 76ers 2/9

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether they teach and talk defense in practice. Tucker and Barnes were just getting confused with screens and switches. And they got way too easy baskets too much.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
We were down by as little as 11 in the 1st 1 1/2 minutes of the 4th quarter. Maybe under D'Antoni we could have back but this team this season doesn't really seem to have much ability to come back. :shrug:

Well porter didn't even put nash or shaq in to, at the very least, "attempt" to get it into single digits. I can at least understand if they came in and tried with porter drawing up plays to come back.

Sure they're tired, but it wasn't like they were blown out in the beginning of the fourth. There was no effort at all, and the whole game almost seemed like a YMCA game with the turnovers. We need every single win but obviously porter doesn't need to try to win this one in the fourth.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
From another forum :

"Does anyone else find somthing really fishy about this game?

Porter pulled the plug on the starters midway through the 3rd and put LB,Barnes,DRAGIC AND TUCKER in. He benched every starter accept Amare. tucker and Dragic? LB hit a 3 to being the 4th to cut it to 11...it's not like it was a 20pt game. Dragic isn't playing well at all either so it's not like he's playing well thats why he is out there.

Are they showcasing Tucker as part of a deal? he got 1st half run and major 2nd half run...
"

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I think the FO and coaching staffs marked this games as L before tip-off.

I am surprised that Shaq dressed. Let the old big fella have a rest, he did his job the night before.

Amare were given the opportunity to "lead" the team, and again we see how good his efficency is in 39 minutes playing. As same as some others, I think this kind of performance will do bad to his trade value ...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game was so disappointing.

The only player that gave me some encouragement for the long term was Dragic. He is far from being NBA ready however he did seem to handle the ball well and even get penetration on drives. Also he seems to have learned from Nash not to pickup the ball on the dribble. I believe there is hope for him next season. Also I might add he is even pesky on defense.

In regard to drafting Lopez... what was Kerr thing? :bang:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The only player that gave me some encouragement for the long term was Dragic. He is far from being NBA ready however he did seem to handle the ball well and even get penetration on drives. Also he seems to have learned from Nash not to pickup the ball on the dribble. I believe there is hope for him next season. Also I might add he is even pesky on defense.

That Lopez was better than Speights?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Remember, that the story on Dragic was he could handle the ball and defend OK. So, just because you had seen him do those things he could already do gives you hope???

Your optimistic brother. Because they said from day 1 he had to learn to shoot. I saw nothing in that game to indicate he has gotten any better. As long as he can't shoot good teams will clog the lane to keep him out of there and dare him to shoot.

You see something I don't because I think both Lopez and Dragic are bust city.

Reaction score
Amare were given the opportunity to "lead" the team, and again we see how good his efficency is in 39 minutes playing. As same as some others, I think this kind of performance will do bad to his trade value ...
Lead Barbosa/Dragic/Barnes/Tucker? Yah them not taking over sure showed us that Amare couldnt lead the team? :p

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
From another forum :

"Does anyone else find somthing really fishy about this game?

Porter pulled the plug on the starters midway through the 3rd and put LB,Barnes,DRAGIC AND TUCKER in. He benched every starter accept Amare. tucker and Dragic? LB hit a 3 to being the 4th to cut it to 11...it's not like it was a 20pt game. Dragic isn't playing well at all either so it's not like he's playing well thats why he is out there.

Are they showcasing Tucker as part of a deal? he got 1st half run and major 2nd half run... "

I was wondering that too. Why did Porter give up half way through the 3rd quarter when we weren't even down by 20? Did he want to lose?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Lopez was better than Speights?

I didn't even want to mention the better bigs drafted after Lopez including Speights. It's sad Kerr and Griffin are evaluating players for the draft. What a joke but I'm not laughing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember, that the story on Dragic was he could handle the ball and defend OK. So, just because you had seen him do those things he could already do gives you hope???

Lopez shows every element of being a bust. Actually watching Lopez try to play is hurtful to the eyes.

Dragic, as I have said, is not NBA ready but his ability to handle the ball and defend gives me hope. However, what is now catching my eye, he is playing with much more confidence than the timid player that first arrived and not picking up the dribble. At least there is hope for Dragic if he can develop any kind of outside shot. Also he was not a bad selection where chosen in the second round.

Last edited:

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Lead Barbosa/Dragic/Barnes/Tucker? Yah them not taking over sure showed us that Amare couldnt lead the team? :p

Sorry, I think you have a very bad memory.

Not long ago, Shaq did lead Nash-less and Amare-less team to win back to back away set. Yes, with Barbosa, Barnes, etc. You don't need me to find the recap for you.

It is crystal clear who has the ability to carry a team on his back, who has not.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lopez show every element of being a bust. Actually watching Lopez try to play is hurtful to the eyes.

Dragic, as I have said, is not NBA ready but his ability to handle the ball and defend gives me hope. However, what is now catching my eye, he is playing with much more confidence than the timid player that first arrived and not picking up the dribble. At least there is hope for Dragic if he can develop any kind of outside shot. Also he was not a bad selection where chosen in the second round.

I hope your right because if he doesn't develop a shot...wow...that draft will go down in infamy.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Can I say it again. Kerr/ Porter needs to go.
IMO, kerr is the problem, but sarver is a huge enabler. Porter is just a marionette and didnt assemble this roster. Watching the young sixers full of excellent young talent: williams, young, speichts, and iggy (who the suns could have drafted, but BC sold that pick for 5M so $arver would like the value of the team). It becomes obvious that some teams draft well and some dont. Kerr is a fool as Speichts AND Javale Mcgee were available and are solid contributors to their teams, while lopez and dragic are at best, projects that may end up as bench players in the NBA, maybe. Oh yeah chalmers scored 16pts andhad 13 dimes yesterday while holding felton to 4-17. Chalmers can do it all as a rookie it appears, BUT DRAGIC WAS THE BEST pg IN THE DRAFT AFTER ROSE. The suns are not very good at talent evaluation are they?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sigh man suns are the weairdest team in the nba they will look like crap one night than good the other night :(. The suns have to be making a trade they had all their scrub players out on the floor dragic, tucker.... lol will be intresting to see what happens. Oh yeah fire Porter he sucks!!!!

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
any postgame quotes from porter...or the players yet?
they delay them when its a blow out or something goes down. Last time they delayed it before the j-rich trade and then again at the bobcats loss and again before the amar'e trade rumors.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, kerr is the problem, but sarver is a huge enabler. Porter is just a marionette and didnt assemble this roster.

The reason I say Kerr/ Porter need to go is because Sarver controls his own fate. I definitely believe the problem started with Sarver but who is going to fire the owner. So I picked out two toadies who serve Sarver that need to go. I guess I should throw Griffin in the mix as well.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
any postgame quotes from porter...or the players yet?

Let me call it right now for Porter:

blah blah blah....blah blah....we didn't play with energy......blah blah blah blah....energy......blah blah blah......we need to play with more energy.

It's the same thing every single press conference after a game. How many times do we need to hear the energy excuse from Porter?

Last edited:

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know this team is run by sarver the monkey, I said this in another thread by the fact that they stated "nash (sarvers homeboy) is untouchable" is ridiculous. If youre going to blow this team up then send nash to a contender you chump. Get us some draft picks and start rebuilding NOW!.....scratch that, trade shaq, trade amare, trade nash...get some draft picks, and sell the team before this years draft.