Suns at Pistons 2/8

nowagimp

Reaction score
The Suns played so well last night. I seriously thought it might be because Porter was sick and Gentry was running the team. Maybe if Porter would loosen his grip on the team, it would help.

I wonder if Porter will be sick for the Sixers game. :D

Nah, they played well because they ran more, didnt turn the ball over too much, and nash ran the offense making sure that all the scorers got touches and opportunities. Players defend with more effort when they are involved in the game. The balanced scoring like that is no easy feat as its harder to defend 5 guys than 2.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
I still think barbosa should pass more often. Seems like a ball-hog quite often.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Why can't the Suns play like this every game??? Maybe it was because Porter was sick, LoL.

I'm glad someone mentioned Barbs has put on weight - I thought it was just my imagination that he looked bigger.

I'm tired of watching Shaq miss point blank shots under the basket. He either misses or commits and offensive foul :bang:

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
Why can't the Suns play like this every game??? Maybe it was because Porter was sick, LoL.

I'm glad someone mentioned Barbs has put on weight - I thought it was just my imagination that he looked bigger.

I'm tired of watching Shaq miss most point blank shot under the basket. He either misses or commits and offensive foul :bang:

According to the suns LB weighs 200 lbs and I cant see any fat there. I used to think he was so weak that I could push him around(if I could catch him!) at 180 lbs 2 years ago. Now, he's a pretty stout 6'3" 200lbs, and still very fast.

I suspect the suns will play more like this as they become more familiar with each other. Hopefully they have the time to do that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the tale of 2 halfs at least defensively in this game. I thought the defense was bad in the first half and very active in the 2nd. Good win against a Pistons team that people still consider tough.

I have to say that I really like what the Suns are doing with JRich. Instead of camping him out at the 3, they seem to be allowing him to do his thing. I can't really explain it because other then the curl at the top of the key, they don't appear to be running more plays for him...yet his production has gone way up the last week.

Also, I mentioned this in another thread but that put back dunk by JRich was great. The last Suns player I remember doing that was Barkley in his first game as a Sun. Great to see a player being that active.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05