Suns at Raptors 3-16-14

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to disagree. It appears to me that he shades to the wrong shoulder often and sometimes seems completely unaware of his teammates.

I look at Bowen for an example of a smart defender. The guy was dirty and should have been suspended several times but he knew his opponent's tendencies and their every strength and weakness. I just don't see that with Tucker. I don't see him directing other players, I see nothing in the way of communicating from him out there other than some motivational stuff. I absolutely want him on my team but I'm unconvinced I'd want him on my coaching staff. Maybe I'm missing something though.

Yeah, his defense is a sieve. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a bit of unnecessary sarcasm on your part, IMO. I said nothing to warrant you mocking my opinion, but so be it.

I did not intend to mock your opinion. I said it was some humor from my standpoint. Please accept my apology.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bledsoe is the first player we have had since Amare who can get to the FT line constantly.

He can make a huge impact even when his shot is off.

Keep being aggressive Bledsoe and you will get PAID this summer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe is the first player we have had since Amare who can get to the FT line constantly.

He can make a huge impact even when his shot is off.

Keep being aggressive Bledsoe and you will get PAID this summer.

Bledsoe's ability to get to the FT line is huge. If his offense is off, he still finds a way to score. His defense is huge as well.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big win for the Suns. Need to get big road wins to get into the playoffs. Having Bledsoe back will sure help!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
it really is a shame that Bledsoe got hurt this season. This team could have been a scary 1st round match-up for someone.

and while Bledsoe definitely doesn't have his shot back yet, the guy attacks the rim unlike anyone I've seen on the Suns since a young Amare.

the KJ/Horny comparisons might just turn out to be true. They're both studs.

Agree 100%... If nothing else, the next bunch of years should be tremendous fun for us fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Bledsoe's ability to get to the FT line is huge. If his offense is off, he still finds a way to score. His defense is huge as well.

He sees the court so much better than Dragic and is a willing passer in the paint. Goran has been a fantastic player for us this year but we need Bledsoe going forward.

Most have said Bledsoe is worth no more than $10 mil per year.

If he keeps up his play on both ends, he should get better, teams will be after him in a big way this summer. If our doctors give a good report to Sarver he will get paid at or near the max by the Phoenix Suns. I almost forgot how good he really is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He sees the court so much better than Dragic and is a willing passer in the paint. Goran has been a fantastic player for us this year but we need Bledsoe going forward.

Most have said Bledsoe is worth no more than $10 mil per year.

If he keeps up his play on both ends, he should get better, teams will be after him in a big way this summer. If our doctors give a good report to Sarver he will get paid at or near the max by the Phoenix Suns. I almost forgot how good he really is.

In my mind, the Suns have two stars in Dragic and Bledsoe. So yes, the Suns have to match offers for Bledsoe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't match a max for Bledsoe cause of his knees. $12M is the highest we should go, I think that's very fair for all parties.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't match a max for Bledsoe cause of his knees. $12M is the highest we should go, I think that's very fair for all parties.

I believe a max contract for Bledsoe would start just over 13 million, but I'm not good at the math. I'm not sure to where to draw the line, but I'm inclined to offer Bledsoe the max rather than lose him. The Suns might also consider a sign and trade. Also a concern is the Suns would be vastly under paying Dragic.

If the Suns wanted to sign a major free agent they could do so first and then match the offer sheet for Bledsoe. The Suns do have options.

Below is a link to an article that explores these options.

http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2014/2/13/5408932/solar-flares-phoenix-suns-news-musings-february

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Markieff with 16/14.

But he's "highly replaceable" so let's get rid of him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Markieff with 16/14.

Markieff has really stepped up his game this season and Marcus is a very versatile player. I would like to keep both. They have given the Suns a solid bench all season. I think Markieff is capable of starting for the Suns.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very nice win for the suns vs the raptors today :) be nice to beat the Broklyn tomorrow. Love the way bledsoe is playing good to have another player besides Dragic that can make good assists to get suns players a good spot to shoot. Really really hope the suns resign Bledsoe.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kieff has 23 rebounds in the past 2 games. He's gotta keep attacking the glass like that. His rebounding is crucial.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Markieff with 16/14.

He is the same boat as Bledsoe, IMO.

I can see both of them being important pieces going forward. I also like his brother and Gerald Green. If Gerald Green ever cleans up his turnover issues and becomes at least an adequate passer he could be a player that we keep awhile as well.

At this point I would not trade any of these guys for anyone but an out right star.

Bledsoe
Dragic
Markieff and Marcus
Green
Tucker

All of those guys with the exception of possibly Tucker should get better going forward.

If we do move the Morris Twins or Bledsoe whom are we going to get that is any better?

I have hope for both Plumlee and Len but they appear to be our biggest weakness at this point. I hope we are able to draft some athletic stud that can rebound and play defense at the 4/5.

Basketball is fun again in the desert.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where's our game thread, Main? :)

I just came home, didn't see a thread and quickly put one up. Suberbone, please feel free for you or anyone to put up the game thread. Actually it would be fun if it were rotated among different posters.