Suns at Raptors 7pm et MY45HD

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Injuries can make it tough to battle in the post. Phoenix Suns star Amare Stoudemire needed a few weeks to get into a grove, and now Chris Bosh is missing games for the Toronto Raptors for the first time this season.
With Stoudemire coming off his most dominant performance since offseason knee surgery, the Suns look to win their seventh straight against the undermanned Raptors when the teams meet for the first time this season Wednesday night.Stoudemire has settled down after struggling in the first week of the season, missing three games in that stretch after having arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Oct. 2. He's coming off his best outing since then, scoring a season-high 42 points and matching a season best with 13 rebounds to lead Phoenix (14-4) to a 121-117 win over Indiana on Tuesday night."I felt real good, felt strong," he said. "I just played my game. I took whatever the defense gave me, whether it was a jump shot or an easy layup or two. I just played my style of game."The All-Star center is averaging 26.7 points and 10.5 rebounds while shooting 59.2 percent from the floor in his last six games, and has a double-double in a season-best three straight contests. The Suns are averaging 111.2 points in winning 11 of their last 13 games.Pacific Division-leading Phoenix has posted 112.3 points per game en route to winning its last six against Toronto (10-8). The Raptors haven't beaten the Suns since a 101-94 victory at Phoenix on Feb. 10, 2004."If we beat them it will be because we played our game," Raptors guard Carlos Delfino told the team's official Web site. "Their game is running up the court all the time, being unselfish, passing the ball, but also not taking too much care of the ball. They play the risk game."Toronto couldn't beat Phoenix when healthy, and now it's missing Bosh (groin) and Andrea Bargnani (knee) in the frontcourt. This will be the fourth straight game the Raptors will play without Bosh, who is averaging a team-best 18.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game, but they have gone 2-1 without their franchise player so far.Bargnani, the top overall pick in the 2006 draft, will miss his second straight game. The 6-foot-10 forward is averaging 11.9 points while shooting 45.2 percent from 3-point range.The Raptors, however, will be getting slightly healthier with point guard T.J. Ford returning after missing a 98-79 win over Charlotte on Monday night. Ford has played in just two of Toronto's last seven games after getting a stinger in his left arm in a Nov. 20 collision with Dallas' Josh Howard.Delfino and Kris Humphries both scored 17 points, and Joey Graham added 13 as the Raptors beat the Bobcats without Bosh, Bargnani and Ford.Toronto has won four straight at home after losing four of its previous six there. Phoenix, meanwhile, is 2-0 during its current five-game stretch on the road, where it is 8-2 on the season.This will be two-time league MVP Steve Nash's lone game this season in his native Canada. Nash had 18 points and 17 assists on Tuesday, and leads the league with 11.4 assists per game.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=271205028

Suns 105
Raptors 98

Stat

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns beat the raptors always hard to win a back to back game especially on the road but I think the suns pull this one off

Suns 105

Raptors 98

Leading Scorer Marion

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
diaw is looking good so far 6 pts and one a dunk but he was wide open :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
since when did Skinner become a outside jump shooter lol...

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When did Amare turn in to Old Chris Webber. He doesn't jump anymore. He had 42 pts and no dunks last night. He doesn't jump during the jump ball either, he just stands there.

He looks like he's hurting

mashedpatatas

Reaction score
what does the webcast link look like? how do i get it while i'm watching NBALP to share it to you guys?

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When did Amare turn in to Old Chris Webber. He doesn't jump anymore. He had 42 pts and no dunks last night. He doesn't jump during the jump ball either, he just stands there.

He looks like he's hurting

What game were you watching? He dunked 3 times last night

Nash to Amare, two handed slam
Hill to Amare, thunderous slam
Bell to Amare, ally oop dunk

I think those were it, but he did dunk..............................................

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
What game were you watching? He dunked 3 times last night

Nash to Amare, two handed slam
Hill to Amare, thunderous slam
Bell to Amare, ally oop dunk

I think those were it, but he did dunk..............................................

Don't let facts get in the way of Bufalay's anti-Amare argument.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll agree that Amare looks sluggish so far tonight. He has had 1-2 good plays on offense, but his defense has been horrible so far.

Great to see Diaw & LB coming out strong & aggressive offensively (their defense has been poor though). They really carried the Suns and were a huge part of us having a lead at all. Toronto is on fire right now and is shooting mostly outside shots.

Here's the real problem for the Suns right now though.....the pace is slow, they're playing a half-court game, the ball isn't moving well on offense and they look tired even though both teams are scoring a lot. I'd say everything is favoring Toronto if they can keep up their hot shooting. No one on the Suns is playing good defense right now. They're not defending the pick & roll well at all and it's killing us.

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
To watch the stream tonight you must register here http://www.raptorsnation.net/, you don't need to verify any email or anything.

It will then tell you this:

Firefox with this WMP Add-on is recommended for all PC Users to watch the games. Get this add on http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx

Then after you register, click on the link on the site, could not figure out how to link it.

Raptors Game is available through this list
Click and watch
Today's Games
Suns @ Raptors 7:00 PM EST

Open link in Windows Media Player after you have downloaded the add on above.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh...if only Dantoni had played the bench yesterday. The Suns starters could use the extra energy they could have saved.

It'd be nice if the Suns actually decided to play some defense.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus Amare scored 42 pts last night and had 13 rebounds what more dol people want...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man Bell is on fire this game that is great nice to see :), and nice outside jumper for Amare

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are leading the Raptors 97-81 1:37 left in the 3rd qtr not looking that tired :)

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
To watch the stream tonight you must register here http://www.raptorsnation.net/, you don't need to verify any email or anything.

It will then tell you this:

Firefox with this WMP Add-on is recommended for all PC Users to watch the games. Get this add on http://port25.technet.com/pages/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download.aspx

Then after you register, click on the link on the site, could not figure out how to link it.

Raptors Game is available through this list
Click and watch
Today's Games
Suns @ Raptors 7:00 PM EST

Open link in Windows Media Player after you have downloaded the add on above.

when i click on the link of the game on the raptors site,
nothing happens.