Suns at Thunder 12-31-31

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why did we foul so late? Don't we know what we're going to do before they inbound the ball??

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is so obvious that since the new asst coaches..Suns are drawing better play out of timeouts

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Heck of an effort tonight by just about everybody. Great games by Warren and Tucker and smart play from the rookie Booker.

I agree. Looks like we lost, but that was an awesome game. I LOVE the youngsters, as well as Tucker and Chandler. Mirza did a hell of a job too!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you'd been watching the game, you'd know what we were talking about. That kid can play point, considering he is a 19 year-old shooter.

He can certainly play it better than Knight even though I'm not sure if that's an impressive feat really.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been waiting to see a dunk like that from him. Finally some heart shown on that finish.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The thing that bothered me the most was that Warren barely touched the ball in the last few minutes. Why Knight thinks taking a 30 foot jumper in a game where he's shooting 30% instead of feeding Warren is beyond me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good effort by the Suns tonight. So different from the Spurs game.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear the Suns need to take some acting classes, the rest of the league sells calls or complains as a team. We fail to do the little things the rest of the good teams do.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good effort by the Suns tonight. So different from the Spurs game.

I really hate to lay it at the feet of the refs but that's what happened IMO. They called us for anything and everything early on and ignored far more contact from the Spurs. Halfway through the first quarter we were shell shocked and played the rest of the game with zero physicality. And you can't play NBA basketball like that.

I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, we lost because the Spurs are better than us in so many ways. But the embarrassing manner in which we lost, that's courtesy of the stripes IMO. The refs called a much better game tonight, about what you'd expect on the road against a good team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hate to lay it at the feet of the refs but that's what happened IMO. They called us for anything and everything early on and ignored far more contact from the Spurs. Halfway through the first quarter we were shell shocked and played the rest of the game with zero physicality. And you can't play NBA basketball like that.

I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, we lost because the Spurs are better than us in so many ways. But the embarrassing manner in which we lost, that's courtesy of the stripes IMO. The refs called a much better game tonight, about what you'd expect on the road against a good team.

I agree. It's hard to win in Spurs land. The Suns may have received a glimmer of how to win tonight with Tucker and Warren at the forward positions.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hope Hornacek continues to give Booker and Warren the minutes they deserve like he did today.

Plus I think Tucker at PF gives the Suns more spacing and it actually worked out better.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good game from the Suns.

I never thought that TJ Warren will ever become even a mediocre 3P-shooter. Now he is 10/18 from downtown in his last 6 games. Besides, he rebounds the ball and intelligently play the passing lanes as well.

Even if the stats do not completely reflect it, I liked what Booker has shown. He ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.

Finally a solid game from Chandler as well.

Having said all that this Thunder team is quite far away from a serious contender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Knight can improve at PG. IMO, he needs to be played as a primary PG consistently to get better.

However, what I find intriguing for the Suns is that Booker has PG skills as well if the Suns ever choose to go that way.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good game from the Suns.

I never thought that TJ Warren will ever become even a mediocre 3P-shooter. Now he is 10/18 from downtown in his last 6 games. Besides, he rebounds the ball and intelligently play the passing lanes as well.

Even if the stats do not completely reflect it, I liked what Booker has shown. He ran out of gas in the 4th quarter.

Finally a solid game from Chandler as well.

Having said all that this Thunder team is quite far away from a serious contender.

I don't really think they took us seriously tonight and because of that we were a break or two away from stealing one. I think they have the talent to win it all but the pieces don't seem to fit right now.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Hope Hornacek continues to give Booker and Warren the minutes they deserve like he did today.

Plus I think Tucker at PF gives the Suns more spacing and it actually worked out better.

Yes, Tucker at PF actually worked. May as well just roll with it the rest of the season so Warren can get starters minutes.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
devilalum said:
Whats wrong with LOOer?
They announced during the game that Leuer had an ankle injury.

Why Knight thinks taking a 30 foot jumper in a game where he's shooting 30% instead of feeding Warren is beyond me.
Sadly, because he doesn't have the mentality of a pro-level Point Guard. Same with Bledsoe.

And, just as with any limited skilled quarterback, that limits the rest of the team. Such as taking a 30-foot shot instead of feeding/rewarding/utilizing the hot front court man.

Basic rule of basketball. You keep feeding the hot man until he cools off.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Well if we're going to tank, this is the way that should be done. Its at least entertaining and the young players continue to develop. Warren and Booker have played well lately. I also think we stumbled on a good starting lineup as PJ and TJ seem to compliment each other's games well (also its nice to have PJ show up instead of going into a shell)

I am wondering what the hell is up with Len's hand though as that thing was all sorts of wrapped up

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Knight can improve at PG. IMO, he needs to be played as a primary PG consistently to get better.

However, what I find intriguing for the Suns is that Booker has PG skills as well if the Suns ever choose to go that way.

If you are going to go with a two pg offense or a two combo guard offense, it's really nice if one of them is a big guard.

Can't figure out Knight. He is a really smart person-straight A student. But he plays so dumb. Hopefully it's just adjustment.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Maybe but he's logged a lot of minutes as the primary point guard. Some fans complain that Bledsoe is selfish and I disagree, I just don't think he has great vision or judgement as for when to take over a game and when to let it come to him. But I think Knight has tunnel vision, he's far more focused on scoring than on setting up his teammates.

I don't think his game is going to change much, at least not in style. IMO he is what he is although I do expect him to keep improving overall if not as a distributor. When he's on he's a one man scoring machine and I'd much rather take advantage of that ability and use him as a 6th man. And let Booker close out the games with Bledsoe unless Knight is tearing it up that game.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

However, what I find intriguing for the Suns is that Booker has PG skills as well

It seems that he actually has more of it than Knight.