Suns @ Thunder 10-28-18

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo cuts to the rim for another basket. Start the man.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When Booker returns, which will probably be the next game because of PG woes, Kokoskov needs to change the starting lineup. Move Ariza to the bench for Warren, let Booker and Bridges start in the backcourt, and Ayton at Center. That leaves Anderson starting but if he plays like he did in this game, it's ok if he starts. I know that weakens our bench but a strong bench means nothing if we have weak starters. You don't leave your best SF on the bench so the bench scoring looks good in a box score. If that was the case then we might as well start Chandler for Ayton also. Then we would have a great bench to make up for our terrible starting lineup.

There has to be a deal out there that isn't too ridiculous for a PG. The Suns need to pull the trigger on it. I was thinking maybe Houston would take Ariza back but the only PG they have who matches up salary wise is Knight. They wouldn't give up Eric Gordon in a Jimmy Butler deal either so it's unlikely they would part with him either, even though he's not a true PG.

We should call Houston and talk with them about getting the Butler deal to work so we can pluck Tyus Jones or Jeff Teague from them. I would prefer Jones but Teague would be better than what we have.

The Suns can't trade Ariza until December 15th since he was signed this offseason. That's a long time to wait, too long. There should be a way to get something done though. I would take Dieng's contract back if we could land Jones from Minnesota for Chandler, who is expiring.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Only thing I worry about with Okobo, is it looks like he is always telling everyone on the floor they are doing something wrong and looks like the vets are getting sick of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Thunder 117 - Suns 110

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Booker returns, which will probably be the next game because of PG woes, Kokoskov needs to change the starting lineup. Move Ariza to the bench for Warren, let Booker and Bridges start in the backcourt, and Ayton at Center. That leaves Anderson starting but if he plays like he did in this game, it's ok if he starts. I know that weakens our bench but a strong bench means nothing if we have weak starters. You don't leave your best SF on the bench so the bench scoring looks good in a box score. If that was the case then we might as well start Chandler for Ayton also. Then we would have a great bench to make up for our terrible starting lineup.

There has to be a deal out there that isn't too ridiculous for a PG. The Suns need to pull the trigger on it. I was thinking maybe Houston would take Ariza back but the only PG they have who matches up salary wise is Knight. They wouldn't give up Eric Gordon in a Jimmy Butler deal either so it's unlikely they would part with him either, even though he's not a true PG.

We should call Houston and talk with them about getting the Butler deal to work so we can pluck Tyus Jones or Jeff Teague from them. I would prefer Jones but Teague would be better than what we have.

The Suns can't trade Ariza until December 15th since he was signed this offseason. That's a long time to wait, too long. There should be a way to get something done though. I would take Dieng's contract back if we could land Jones from Minnesota for Chandler, who is expiring.

I think the Houston trade will happen with Minny when Knight and Chriss can be traded. If the Suns can get a point guard out of the deal so much the better.

Maybe Chandler's expiring contract would be more enticing than Knight.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only thing I worry about with Okobo, is it looks like he is always telling everyone on the floor they are doing something wrong and looks like the vets are getting sick of it.

normally, i'd agree that it's a concern. but when a team has been blown-out 5 times in a row, something is really wrong and that he gets it and is willing to lead is probably is a good thing.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
normally, i'd agree that it's a concern. but when a team has been blown-out 5 times in a row, something is really wrong and that he gets it and is willing to lead is probably is a good thing.
Agreed and if the vets don't like it than maybe they should stop doing so much poo wrong.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know it's early but I think Okobo will be good given time.

If the Suns are not going to acquire a veteran PG, I would not be opposed to see what he can do as a starter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Houston trade will happen with Minny when Knight and Chriss can be traded. If the Suns can get a point guard out of the deal so much the better.

Maybe Chandler's expiring contract would be more enticing than Knight.

I'm sure Chandler's expiring has more value than Knight but Houston has to send salary out and they really don't have much to part with outside of Knight and Gordon. Knight can be traded October 31st. I don't see us taking him back but if he's involved in a deal and Minnesota doesn't want him that would mean a 4th team would need to get involved. At that point it's way too complicated.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keep Warren trade Jackson. I'm tired of hearing he shows flashes of being good but he also shows flashes of sucking ass

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Chandler's expiring has more value than Knight but Houston has to send salary out and they really don't have much to part with outside of Knight and Gordon. Knight can be traded October 31st. I don't see us taking him back but if he's involved in a deal and Minnesota doesn't want him that would mean a 4th team would need to get involved. At that point it's way too complicated.

I'm only throwing mud at the wall to see if the Suns could somehow salvage a point guard.

Agree. This trade would likely be too complicated.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Okobo cuts to the rim for another basket. Start the man.
That's the worst thing the Suns could do. Move him from double injury coverage/garbage time to starter.

But with our wide open Point Guard situation, I would try him in the rotation playing against the competition's bench PG.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the worst thing the Suns could do. Move him from double injury coverage/garbage time to starter.

But with our wide open Point Guard situation, I would try him in the rotation playing against the competition's bench PG.

I think the Suns will still acquire a veteran point guard but I would not hesitate to start Okobo at point guard if he is the best the Suns have. The same with Bridges.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm up for the investment in Okobo and Bridges NOW. The veterans we hired look like loose parts. This team needs to form an identity and cohesiveness and perhaps our young players can create something with this new coach.

we're going to stink again this season either way, let us at least focus more on building than winning

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did that in college too. I don't think it's much of a big deal unless it's also why he's not putting up huge rebound numbers.
It does make me worry a little bit about his competitiveness. I was watching a game the other day and the announcer mentioned how their player hates to lose a jump ball and how are he wants to win every one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake