Suns at Warriors ESPN and FSN AZ 7:00PM

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dallas is missing Harris. Sterns are missing Parker. Lakers are missing Bynum.
Right but i don't hear any panic from those camps like i do here. At least not from the fan base.
Hey, before this Shaq/Marion deal i was leading the charge of the doom & gloom-We are'nt going to win a championship banter but for the SUNS to struggle a bit since the deal while SHaq gets up to speed is to be expected. I just feel that some here are missing the fact that we're short handed & doing a decent job of winning games & competing.
Without Shaq or Marion, we're witnessing ultra-small ball yet we haven't tanked. From where i'm watching, the SUNS are playing harder right now than at any point prior to the trade.
Does anyone else see that?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
2-2? 3-2? 2-3?

2-2, actually.
we just barely beat washington, just barely beat seattle too. our losses were both close as well. we could very easily be 4-0 or 0-4 since the trade. either way, the team isn't exactly "winning games".

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Not to mention that we lost on a miracle buzzer beater against the Hornets & lost by 2 on the road tonight by a good(not great) team.
:shrug:
that shot wasn't really a miracle...not anymore than the 3's we hit to stay in the game and send it to overtime were miracles. we lost by 2 to a team that we should beat, and that we have a good shot of meeting in the first round. that's twice this year they've beaten us...a slight cause for concern.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2-2, actually.
we just barely beat washington, just barely beat seattle too. our losses were both close as well. we could very easily be 4-0 or 0-4 since the trade. either way, the team isn't exactly "winning games".
Technicalities aside then ok...were playing .500 ball. We're not exactly losing games then are we?;)
BTW, i'll take the odds of any shooter to catch & shoot a three with a hand in his face with time running out every time. That was a N.O. prayer answered IMO.

I'm just not as concerned about the state of the team as yourself right now. Like i said...they're playing hard,& appear to be competing at a higher level than before. Maybe i'm confusing that with better chemistry on the court.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
The majority of the points? What? I take it math isn't your strong suit?

Well I guess insults arent your strong suit either right? Either way, I meant when our 3's arent dropping, we go inside, matter fact I actually wrote that after so reading might not be your strong suit either....

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Don't need to be upset about a loss in GSW at all. They wanted this so badly, Ellis played all 48 minutes, Baron for 45+, S.Jackson for 43+. The Rockets won earlier, so the Warriors know they must win this one to stay at #8 seed.

We played 4 games without Marion and Banks, while Shaq hasn't been able to help. Both losses were really close. I'm satisfied with both result and the procedure. Remember, when we had Marion, we still lost to GSW and twice to NOH. We were able to hold up quite well without him. It looks good.

Now it is important to see what Shaq brings to the team after all-star. By then we will gear up and get ready for playoff run.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Don't need to be upset about a loss in GSW at all. They wanted this so badly, Ellis played all 48 minutes, Baron for 45+, S.Jackson for 43+. The Rockets won earlier, so the Warriors know they must win this one to stay at #8 seed.

Thats the norm for us anyway. Baron almost plays 40 or 40+ everynight and so does Ellis. Thats Nellie

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Well I guess insults arent your strong suit either right? Either way, I meant when our 3's arent dropping, we go inside, matter fact I actually wrote that after so reading might not be your strong suit either....

OK, I apologize for coming off as an cornholio; that wasn't my intention.

But what I'm trying to say is the Suns have this reputation as a team that relies on the fast break, when in reality that isn't the case anymore. Sure, they use the 3-ball, but really the team relies heavily on the pick-and-roll more then anything else.

EDIT: I had no idea the "we" you referred to was the Warriors. That totally confuses me and in that case I would agree the Warriors use the fast break a ton and then the three ball. But when the 3 ball isn't falling, who do they go inside to? It's all about penetration, they don't have that beast inside that can dominate the paint. That's what I think they are missing, and that's why they are such a streaky and inconsistent team.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
My thoughts:

1. Why did Antoni wait so long to play Amare in the 4th quarter? Why didn't the team get Amare more involved on offense?

2. The team went away from Diaw after the 1st half. Diaw was aggressive and had success.

You can probably chalk it up to the pace of the game but when you have a player that seemed to score nearly every time he possessed the ball you don't ignore that option.

This is the 1st time this season I seen Strawberry play. Aside from a couple of rookie mistakes that guy needs a little bit more PT.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not going to reread this whole thread, but that was the most entertaining game I have seen in a long, long time.

Some team is going to steal Monta Ellis from the Warriors next season and they will be screwed.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Need a 2 man game with STAT & the big Saguaro. Keep Nash out of the game due to his pathetic defense and keep everyone else back far enough in the backcourt to hit 3s and stop the transition. Let Amare & Shaq just beat them up all game long and we win. Simple. We're catering to them the way we're playing with Nash on the court. Nash is fine for 98% of the teams in the league but I see him being a negative factor playing as many minutes as he did last night. Other than Biedrins, everyone of their guys can pop a 3 & put the ball on the floor with ease. You can't hide Nash against this team. Period.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need a 2 man game with STAT & the big Saguaro. Keep Nash out of the game due to his pathetic defense and keep everyone else back far enough in the backcourt to hit 3s and stop the transition. Let Amare & Shaq just beat them up all game long and we win. Simple. We're catering to them the way we're playing with Nash on the court. Nash is fine for 98% of the teams in the league but I see him being a negative factor playing as many minutes as he did last night. Other than Biedrins, everyone of their guys can pop a 3 & put the ball on the floor with ease. You can't hide Nash against this team. Period.

37 minutes is too much? He is averaging 34.5. So the 3 extra minutes that he played last night is that big of a deal?

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
37 minutes is too much? He is averaging 34.5. So the 3 extra minutes that he played last night is that big of a deal?

He shouldnt have played more than 20 minutes last night. Not against that team. The team captain should know when he's not helping his team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He shouldnt have played more than 20 minutes last night. Not against that team. The team captain should know when he's not helping his team.

You're kidding right?

Baron Davis and Monta Ellis were abusing everyone, Nash, Barbosa, and to a lesser extent Strawberry all night long. Should we have played Pike instead? Because that was about our only other option. As it was, Strawberry got 18 minutes last night.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
You're kidding right?

Baron Davis and Monta Ellis were abusing everyone, Nash, Barbosa, and to a lesser extent Strawberry all night long. Should we have played Pike instead? Because that was about our only other option. As it was, Strawberry got 18 minutes last night.

I'm saying we need another backup PG... someone more defensive minded. Someone who can body up on the likes of Monte Ellis, Tony Parker.

Nash isn't contributing enough if everytime down the court the opposing team is ramming it down his throat. FFS he's not even putting his arms up!

Its an easy bucket everytime. I'd rather nash be placed on a pure shooter than someone who can take him to the hole every possession.

Last edited:

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
I would have liked to see what it would have been like with Shaq out on the floor, hopefully clogging the lane so Ellis would be forced to shoot more, but as is. Nash got owned bad.

nowagimp

Reaction score

You can blame Nash for ellis going off, but ellis singed every suns player he faced. The way he was playing last night, fuget about it. He would have scored 35-40 against raja, barbs, hill, it didnt matter. I think strawberry could have done better, but then who guards davis when hill sits. Strawberry looked very good on D, hopefully increased playing time will make him more efficient on O. I think Strawberry is going to be a very good NBA player. Ellis is much quicker on the pull up shots off the dribble than any suns defender. He also gets great elevation on his shot, plays much bigger than he is. Still it was a very close game, and a few calls went the wrong way at the end for the suns. I would prefer if the rule was changed to give possession to the closest player when a stupid ref bumps the ball out of bounds. That ball was not headed out of bounds, until bupkis got in the way(didnt move). That possession hurt and the noncall on davis subbing hill on the finish hurt. Sometimes things dont go the suns way, and when it happens at the end of a close game, its just one of those days. It was a great game mostly, it sucked that amare couldnt tie it with the foul shots.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm saying we need another backup PG... someone more defensive minded. Someone who can body up on the likes of Monte Ellis, Tony Parker.

Nash isn't contributing enough if everytime down the court the opposing team is ramming it down his throat. FFS he's not even putting his arms up!

Its an easy bucket everytime. I'd rather nash be placed on a pure shooter than someone who can take him to the hole every possession.

You mean like Marcus Banks? He would have been abused too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05