Suns @ Clippers Wednesday game thread, October 23rd, 2024: Season Opener

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting to note, the Suns had 22 turnovers, but neither point guard had any.

Tyus Jones was 5-10 for 15 points, 8 assists, 1 block and 0 turnovers.

Monte Morris was 2-5 for 5 points, 2 assists, 1 steal and 0 turnovers.

Let the point guards handle the ball.
Yeah, not really surprising.

The bulk of the turnovers came from KD and Nurk - and they are still on the team and will likely touch the ball just as much as usual.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not really surprising.

The bulk of the turnovers came from KD and Nurk - and they are still on the team and will likely touch the ball just as much as usual.

I attribute a lot of the Suns turnovers to a lack of familiarity with each other and the new system.

For example, Durant shouldn't be trying to receive the ball near the sideline.

The Clippers played the Suns physical, which they should expect most nights. They need to make teams pay with ball movement. There were glimpses of it last night.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless he is dribbling, not paying attention, stepping out of bounds with the ball...
Yeah… I’m not sure I can call him money at this point after being one of the main reasons we were the worst 4th quarter team in the entire league last year.

He’s still a GREAT player, but he’s got work to do in fourth quarters this year to reclaim that money moniker, IMO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah… I’m not sure I can call him money at this point after being one of the main reasons we were the worst 4th quarter team in the entire league last year.

He’s still a GREAT player, but he’s got work to do in fourth quarters this year to reclaim that money moniker, IMO.
When the game is on the line and we need a final bucket to win or tie, I'm not sure you how you can not say he's money. The problem isn't the end of the game, the problems happen in the normal course of non-clutch play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the game is on the line and we need a final bucket to win or tie, I'm not sure you how you can not say he's money. The problem isn't the end of the game, the problems happen in the normal course of non-clutch play.
Agree to disagree.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is the NBA, where players are expected to perform in a hostile environment, but the video below gives a feel of what the Suns were up against last night.

"The Wall" is something to behold.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is the NBA, where players are expected to perform in a hostile environment, but the video below gives a feel of what the Suns were up against last night.

"The Wall" is something to behold.

This is pretty cool.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says "The Wall" may work with a smile on his face. He spent 2 billion dollars on it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan