we couldnt make a layup.

more than half the team didnt show up

we couldnt hit a shot

we couldnt play defense

basically, we just sucked.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
What a stupid game. It was like the Suns played just hard enought to keep it close but never hard enough to win.

With the exceptions of Marion and LB.

Why did Nash play 40 minutes in this game and TT should have just stayed in Phoenix.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
we couldnt hit a shot
That's not true. Some of the Suns could not shoot. Marion, Barbosa shot well.

Stupid turnovers, offensive fouls, and couldn't stop them and they had layups after layups. They shot the ball really well since we did not offer much defense.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
This team is so beat down I do not think they could have even beaten the Lakers tonight......!

Four days until the next game and they will look like a different team.

I hope the Mavs/Spurs series goes 7 games!

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Barbosa is becoming an awesome player, He just dosn't get calls that others seam to get, maybe it's his speed?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn shame to waste another monster performance from Marion tonight. Hopefully the four days rest gets the team's legs back under them, because fatigue was DEFINITELY a factor tonight.

Okay boys - backs against the wall AGAIN - what do you got?

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
This was an absolutely horrible game, I think we are done for the season because of how bad the Suns did tonight. We should have came in with this mentally and ready to finish the series and yet none of the team except marion and barbs showed up. The only way we were able to halfway stay in it with was with barbosa hail marrying threes and marion somehow being divinely blessed and actually hitting threes.

Usually during the regular season we would have a horrible game against a pathetic team and then come back the next games and go on a tear, but in the playoffs it has been the opposite, we go on losing sprees like we did the lakers and against the clips we should have lost 2 games now but a lucky 3 kepts us in it. We are 2 games in on a playoff losing streak right now in my books and the laker one lasted 3 games so do the math...

saxmanager

Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
This was an absolutely horrible game, I think we are done for the season because of how bad the Suns did tonight. We should have came in with this mentally and ready to finish the series and yet none of the team except marion and barbs showed up. The only way we were able to halfway stay in it with was with barbosa hail marrying threes and marion somehow being divinely blessed and actually hitting threes.

Usually during the regular season we would have a horrible game against a pathetic team and then come back the next games and go on a tear, but in the playoffs it has been the opposite, we go on losing sprees like we did the lakers and against the clips we should have lost 2 games now but a lucky 3 kepts us in it. We are 2 games in on a playoff losing streak right now in my books and the laker one lasted 3 games so do the math...

It's nice to see that other teams have their optimists!

jibikao

Reaction score
Give them 4 days rest. We'll get a bright new Sun!

We play at home.

jibikao

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
I hope it pays off.

Clipper is better than Laker. If that Laker series can take it to game 7, why is it surprising that this series takes it to game 7? We are not done, are we?

David Stern and Suns' management must love this. 7 games per series. Imagine how much profit they can get.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Clipper is better than Laker. If that Laker series can take it to game 7, why is it surprising that this series takes it to game 7? We are not done, are we?

David Stern and Suns' management must love this. 7 games per series. Imagine how much profit they can get.

It is only good if they win. The will be missing out on at least one guaranteed game in the next series if they won, possibly another. If they somehow beat Dallas/SF and Miami wins, we will have homecourt there too.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Someone probably already mentioned this but I really don't understand why our guys don't take some lessons from Sam Cassell & jump into the defender. As long as NBA rules in favor of this crap, we should take advantage of it instead of the opposite approach of AVOIDING CONTACT. We seem to always trying to avoid contact (ie, SOFT) on BOTH ends of the floor.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I actually think the big problem is boris diaw, if he does horrible on layups around the rim and doesn't take it to the hoop the whole team just kind of sinks because the clips don't have to worry about the inside.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
I actually think the big problem is boris diaw, if he does horrible on layups around the rim and doesn't take it to the hoop the whole team just kind of sinks because the clips don't have to worry about the inside.

he needs to start trying to dunk the ball every time...otherwise Brand is gonna block all of his shots

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
As soon as I saw Bavetta was the lead ref, I figured it was over. The Suns weren't going to beat the Clips in that game without some breaks, and they weren't getting any of those with Bavetta hanging around.

It was nice to see Nash finally hit a 3pt shot--foreshadowing for game 7, I hope--and Barbosa's one-man run at the end of the first was another nice moment. And, uh, that's about it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05