Suns draft Oso Ighodaro at #40

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, at least he's a big. I think he was considered marginal to be drafted at all.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young athletic players are one of this teams needs period. If they play D and are athletic this team needs them lol. This dude could be better than Drew right now lol not joking Drew had no shot if it wasn’t a dunk he couldn’t be trusted! This is an instant replacement for Drew imo, but young cheap and has more upside!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Young athletic players are one of this teams needs period. If they play D and are athletic this team needs them lol. This dude could be better than Drew right now lol not joking Drew had no shot if it wasn’t a dunk he couldn’t be trusted! This is an instant replacement for Drew imo, but young cheap and has more upside!
Yeah I think I agree, it looks like he can do everything Eubanks could do, and is maybe a better passer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. Not sure why they traded up for him. It looked like there were better options at that pick. Oh well, second round.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Overall, it always seems like Jones values personality qualities over physical ones in personnel. That has pretty much defined most of his history here. Which on the face of it is all well and good... except when he passes on guys he really shouldn't solely because of that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good news is the Suns must have really like Oso to jump through all the hoops they did to get him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall, it always seems like Jones values personality qualities over physical ones in personnel. That has pretty much defined most of his history here. Which on the face of it is all well and good... except when he passes on guys he really shouldn't solely because of that.
both the guys he drafted this time have physical qualities.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, I like Oso has a standing 35" vertical leap, which was tied for the highest at the draft combine.

Below is a link to his strengths and weaknesses.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns reportedly were considering drafting Oso at #28 so they must like what they see to move up to #40 today.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Also, I like Oso has a standing 35" vertical leap, which was tied for the highest at the draft combine.

Below is a link to his strengths and weaknesses.

There is Draymond Green comp, seems smart C/PF player with good athletism. Adem Bona behind him is more athletic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice passing for a big man. Maybe he can become a thin version of Jokic.

Sarcasm alert.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Poor rebounder and no semblance of an outside shot. Good unorthodox defender. Weird draft for suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what Keith Smith said about them. See below. It was posted on another thread.

Oso indeed looks like a good passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm