Suns getting Marcus Morris?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns could also waive Telfair if they can't get someone to give up a pick for him. Then he'd be free to go wherever he's most needed. It's not uncommon for a team to extend that courtesy to a low-salary player they're no longer using but who could be in someone else's rotation.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns could also waive Telfair if they can't get someone to give up a pick for him. Then he'd be free to go wherever he's most needed. It's not uncommon for a team to extend that courtesy to a low-salary player they're no longer using but who could be in someone else's rotation.

I agree, Telfair is the more likely vet to be bought out if they don't make another move.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We really need to clear playing time..

PF Scola/Markieff Morris/Beasley
SF Tucker/Beasley/Johnson/Marcus Morris/Jared Dudley

Too many forwards.. both Morris, Beasley and Johnson need playing time.

We have no real shooting guard other than Cannon.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This is what our roster looks like now.

PG: Dragic, Telfair, Marshall, Garrett
SG: Dudley, Brown
SF: Tucker, Johnson, Morris
PF: Scola, Beasley, Morris
C: Gortat, O'Neal, Zeller (Frye)

I can't help but think, Telfair and a wing may be moved by tomorrow.
Brown is now a DNP, with Johnson in his place. Telfair is in the same situation with Marshall in his place.

And even though O'Neil comes off the bench when he is healthy, he is the one putting up the scoring and rebound numbers at Center.

And still, we're winning too many games to tank completely. But we are finally developing our newer players to the full extent.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
This is a positive move. Very low investment. Higher relative return. I don't see how anyone could look sideways at this deal. Again, this team has a glut on the wings, but may the cream rise to the top and give us a mainstay to build with....

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I've watched a lot of Marcus Morris. Wish he would be more aggressive and drive rather than settle for jumpers. Maybe in time he will. A solid move for a 2nd round pick (2nd round picks are shoddy).

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So what will it say on the back of their jerseys now? Mark. Morris & Marc. Morris? That's a lot of extra letters to stitch.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Can't wait for all the the twin pranks to start happening.
If they could have signed him on the sly, they could have switched them at the half each game and set a record with a player averaging 48 minutes per game.

If not, how about if the one they want in the game fouls out, switch jerseys and send the other to the bench.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If they could have signed him on the sly, they could have switched them at the half each game and set a record with a player averaging 48 minutes per game.

If not, how about if the one they want in the game fouls out, switch jerseys and send the other to the bench.
Funny thing is that it really could work. They might need to grow their facial hair the exact same way, but their tatoos are also identical.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per KTAR text.. For a second round pick.. I don't know what the Suns infatuation with twins is..

Maybe they finally realized Marcus not Markeith was the guy they meant to draft originally so they traded for him?

If they really like Twins you can have the Wear twins in a couple of years too.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
You mean Markieff? Markeith? Don't tell me they have a long lost twin that was locked away in a belltower. Suns will jump on that guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean Markieff? Markeith? Don't tell me they have a long lost twin that was locked away in a belltower. Suns will jump on that guy.

Yep brain fart on the name.

Markeiff

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
PG Dragic, Marshall, Garret
SG Dudley, Johnson
SF Tucker, Beasley
PF Scola, Keef, Cus
C Gortat, O'Neal

If we focus on the good/talent/potential/youth, we have Dragic, Beasley, Johnson, Marshall and I guess Keef. Tucker and Duds are okay to have around. We trade Gortat and maybe Dudley for something good. Then we draft a fantastic star player alá Amaré, and next year will be interesting again.

If all fails there's football season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake