Suns interested in Brandon Bass

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's really too bad there are no free agents worth a max this summer (Lebron being the lone exception, but he's staying in Miami.)

Lance Stephenson and Greg Monroe are the only players I am even remotely interested in, and neither of them is enough to get us to the next level.

I am really warming up the idea of giving Minni whatever they want (Dragic being off-limits) for K-Love.

I'm in agreement with much of your post although I don't think Kevin Love is the answer. I fear that his stats are empty when it comes to winning.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think Chris Bosh might be interesting.

You know, it didn't even occur to me that Bosh could opt out and leave even if James stays. It's an intriguing possibility. Personally I don't find Bosh all that compelling -- he has seemed satisfied to put up lackluster numbers in almost any season where he doesn't have a contract on the line -- but I agree that he could be a good fit if he were motivated.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's really too bad there are no free agents worth a max this summer (Lebron being the lone exception, but he's staying in Miami.)

Lance Stephenson and Greg Monroe are the only players I am even remotely interested in, and neither of them is enough to get us to the next level.

I am really warming up the idea of giving Minni whatever they want (Dragic being off-limits) for K-Love.

You're not worried that a few months after we trade for Love he'll be going back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali?

I wouldn't be strongly opposed to trying to get him but I'd still prefer we exercise restraint. Use our draft picks to find a quality power forward. If we can't trade up this season then package some for a better chance next year to select someone like a Myles Turner. Or keep all of our picks this season and grab a couple of middle of the round power forwards such as Payne from MSU or Ashley from Arizona or Powell from Stanford or maybe a huge risk/payoff guy like Walker from Florida.

There is a lot of talent this year as has been said a million times but it's worth saying again, this draft isn't just about Parker, Randle and Wiggins. If we can move into the top 8 we have a great chance of coming out with a star and if we keep our two best picks and trade the rest we still have a good chance of hitting it big this year.

In addition to re-signing Bledsoe, I'd use our cap space to add a good wing player with potential. Nobody in particular, just as long as they're currently playing for Utah. Unless Lebron wants to move to Phoenix we're not going to add a game changing free agent so protect our assets and take our time. We're ahead of the game but the wrong move could put an end to that.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know, it didn't even occur to me that Bosh could opt out and leave even if James stays. It's an intriguing possibility. Personally I don't find Bosh all that compelling -- he has seemed satisfied to put up lackluster numbers in almost any season where he doesn't have a contract on the line -- but I agree that he could be a good fit if he were motivated.

Is it possible that he is simply doing what needs to be done on a team that sports LeBron and Wade? He is an underrated defender.

http://nba.si.com/2013/12/18/court-vision-chris-bosh-miami-heat-defense/

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I'm in agreement with much of your post although I don't think Kevin Love is the answer. I fear that his stats are empty when it comes to winning.

I am not 100% sold on K-Love either, but after watching 20+ Wolves' games this season, I am convinced the Wolves are losing because they have absolutely no scoring off the bench, and because Rubio is beyond terrible.

My only concern is all the talk about him being ready to go to LA in 2015. With $25M committed to Kobe, I just don't see how the Lakers can assemble a winning team, but it is a bit of concern.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Is it possible that he is simply doing what needs to be done on a team that sports LeBron and Wade?

Yes, it is possible, but in the four seasons in Toronto before his contract year (2005-09), he was pretty locked in at 22.5/9.5, give or take, and throw in a block a game. Those are good numbers but not eye-popping ones. I don't see him as the dominant force on an elite team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not 100% sold on K-Love either, but after watching 20+ Wolves' games this season, I am convinced the Wolves are losing because they have absolutely no scoring off the bench, and because Rubio is beyond terrible.

My only concern is all the talk about him being ready to go to LA in 2015. With $25M committed to Kobe, I just don't see how the Lakers can assemble a winning team, but it is a bit of concern.

Isn't Kobe getting to be a bit long in the tooth. :)

I understand you wanting to block anything that helps LA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Chris Bosh might be interesting. The same article said that he could probably be had for $15 million. He is only 29. He has a great combo, inside/outside game. His numbers are down, but playing with LeBron and Wade will do that to you. He has been a 24 a game scorer and double digit rebounder. He is also a much better defender the K-Love. (http://nba.si.com/2013/12/18/court-vision-chris-bosh-miami-heat-defense/) He is not as young, but probably more attainable. Laker's fans believe that KLove to LA in the summer of 2015 is a done deal. Not sure about that. It scares me a little.

Add Bosh, draft a pf or sf (someone like Capela in the first round, maybe Chris Walker in the second). This could also make the Morris twins completely expendable.

But he turns 30 in March. Shudder to think he is getting old. :)

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am actually intrigued by the possibility of Bosh. I don't think we'd need him to be "dominant." We'd just need him to generate some offense in the low post, grab some rebounds, and play some defense.

Wonder if Danny Granger can be had for cheap (a la Grant Hill) as well.

Bledsoe, Dragic, Granger, Bosh, Plumlee is a pretty good lineup with a lot of offensive firepower and some decent defense.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CB would be a nice fit on this team. he has a nice inside-out game. he'd have actual centers to protect the rim while he could be a true 4 for us. i always thought he was a little soft but with defenders on this team at center, forward and bledsoe i think it would work out.

granger hasn't been healthy in a while. but i think this new pacers team has affected his game, he just can't seem to fit in. I'm sure he just needs to get his touches again, only thing i didn't know was how old he is..didnt realize he was that old.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If any team can get Granger back in good health, it's us. But unless he comes cheap, I'd pass

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris bosh is scheduled to make $20,590,000 in 2014-15 season and $22,112,500 in 2015-16. How bad do I want him if he opts out, not bad enough.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Chris bosh is scheduled to make $20,590,000 in 2014-15 season and $22,112,500 in 2015-16. How bad do I want him if he opts out, not bad enough.

Damn, that's a good point. I was thinking $15-$17M or so, but there is no way he's opting out and leaving $43M on the table. Any more than $15m-$17M per year is too much, in my opinion.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
I'd consider Luol Deng. Originally I thought his age and as many minutes as he's played would be deal breaker but being the Suns are showing interest in Gasol, Randolph, Boozer, etc. - not quite the post up threat but solid there, with defensive ability at several positions.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn, that's a good point. I was thinking $15-$17M or so, but there is no way he's opting out and leaving $43M on the table. Any more than $15m-$17M per year is too much, in my opinion.

I wonder why the writer of this article thought Bosh would take a pay cut to leave.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's how you build a mediocre NBA team. You take a potential superstar and you trade him for a player that has a ceiling of average starter. Unless you're getting superstar picks back in return it's a horrible idea. That's measuring Eric purely as a basketball player. If his injury problems or his willingness to sign are an issue then a trade down might be the way to go but otherwise you let him become the player he has the ability to become. Then and only then do you voluntarily trade him. It makes no sense to discount your own assets.

All this love for Bradley and Sullinger and Bass (not to mention Rondo, Green and ROY Kelly Olynyk) along with all the negativity surrounding our own roster makes you wonder why we have 14 fewer losses than they do. Maybe it's because the East is so much tougher?

Pay him the Max. Every team that pursues him will make that offer.
No you build a mediocre team by overpaying players, exhibit A Eric Gordon. Exhibit B. Joe Johnson. Exhibit C. Andrea Baragnani. I can keep going.

Bledsoe hasn't proven he's worth the max and that's by taking everything into consideration including his play, and injury history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's interesting, I do not hear much about Bledsoe wanting to return to play. I would think this would be the time to at least hear about such chatter.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
What's interesting, I do not hear much about Bledsoe wanting to return to play. I would think this would be the time to at least hear about such chatter.

I am pretty sure his agent told him to shut up and not open his mouth. I like Bledsoe, but he doesn't seem to be very smart. Maybe I am wrong, but if I was his agent, that's what I would have told him (shut up, don't talk, don't even THINK about talking.)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure his agent told him to shut up and not open his mouth. I like Bledsoe, but he doesn't seem to be very smart. Maybe I am wrong, but if I was his agent, that's what I would have told him (shut up, don't talk, don't even THINK about talking.)

I can understand not talking in regard to free agency, but at some point Bledsoe not playing hurts his value. I'm not saying Bledsoe should be playing now, but it seems there should be more chatter about his return.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No you build a mediocre team by overpaying players, exhibit A Eric Gordon. Exhibit B. Joe Johnson. Exhibit C. Andrea Baragnani. I can keep going.

Bledsoe hasn't proven he's worth the max and that's by taking everything into consideration including his play, and injury history.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you driving the Gordon to Phoenix train, even after he got injured, again?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you driving the Gordon to Phoenix train, even after he got injured, again?
I was. I knew he had injury troubles but I thought our training staff could keep him healthy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake