Suns interested in Brandon Bass

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think someone will give him a max offer anyway. I just hope the Suns are smart enough not to.

I know you're not a huge Bledsoe fan but would you feel the same way if there were no injury concerns?

I worry about his knee but I think we have to sign him at whatever he costs as long as the medical staff buys into it. If a sign and trade ends up being our only option we're probably looking at pennies on the dollar. I'd rather give him what he wants and move him a year later if the combo of him and Dragic stops paying dividends.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'd rather give him what he wants and move him a year later if the combo of him and Dragic stops paying dividends.

That's assuming he's movable. The Suns' training staff endorsed the Eric Gordon offer sheet, and look how that turned out -- the Pelicans can't give him away.

Giving Bledsoe a big extension based on the 20-some-odd games he's been able to play this season would be asking for trouble in a huge way. It would be the height of recklessness by a franchise that is trying to re-establish a reputation for knowing what it's doing. The risks outweigh the benefits.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
That's assuming he's movable. The Suns' training staff endorsed the Eric Gordon offer sheet, and look how that turned out -- the Pelicans can't give him away.

Giving Bledsoe a big extension based on the 20-some-odd games he's been able to play this season would be asking for trouble in a huge way. It would be the height of recklessness by a franchise that is trying to re-establish a reputation for knowing what it's doing. The risks outweigh the benefits.

Completely agree. This has Penny Hardaway written all over it.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I know you're not a huge Bledsoe fan but would you feel the same way if there were no injury concerns?

I worry about his knee but I think we have to sign him at whatever he costs as long as the medical staff buys into it. If a sign and trade ends up being our only option we're probably looking at pennies on the dollar. I'd rather give him what he wants and move him a year later if the combo of him and Dragic stops paying dividends.

Eric pretty much covered exactly how I feel, but to answer the first question- no. I don't think Dragic/ Bledsoe back court will work long-term, but without injury concerns, I'd think Bledsoe would be moveable.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

There aren't a whole lot of sure things. You have to take some risks, obviously the trick is in managing that effort. If your medical people believe he's a small risk I think you have to take it. Teams go for decades looking for a player that has superstar potential and subsequently lives up to that ability. It's too early to say if he'll hit that level but I think he's demonstrated the potential. If we could get nearly equal value without assuming his risk I'd be all for it but I doubt that happens. I'd rather see us pay him and take the gamble than simply let a potential star walk away.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Completely agree. This has Penny Hardaway written all over it.

It's a reasonable comparison. To my recollection though it differed significantly on both of the risk issues. Penny was much less of a risk as far as showing the ability to play to his potential but he was also much more of an injury concern. It's hard to say whether giving Bledsoe is riskier or safer than that Penny Hardaway deal. Hopefully the front office has a better feel for it whichever way they decide to go.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How about:

Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass, and Keith Bogans (expiring)

For

Emeka Okafor, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, and Ish Smith - along with Picks??

'Wow I never saw this post, I just happened to look at Avery Bradleys profile and how terrible he is but remembered that some people were hyping him on this board and now I found this - the most insane trade proposal ever.

Every single player we were supposed to get having massively negative value or no value at all.

Jeff Green is terrible, his advanced stats are all absolutely horrid. Look past his 18ppg or so. His PER is below league average, he is incredibly inefficient.

Avery Bradley 100 Org, 109 Drt also a PER under league average and what is more alarming are his horrid offensive and defensive ratings, both considerably worse than the bad Boston Celtics team average even.

The Celtics couldn't get Amare Stoudemire or Andrea Bargnani for that package.

Hopefully McDonough had nothing to do with those contracts or draft picks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake