Suns @ Lakers Sunday game thread, October 6th 2024: Preseason

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Ahwatukee. I haven't noticed the hiccups.

I got this antenna:

Man I wish an antenna, any antenna, would pick up something at my house. Not that I'd get the Suns games with it but it would be nice to have a local channel of two. Anyway, I'm streaming only (no cable or sat) but this is the first season since League Pass came out that I'm considering not buying it which would mean, no games for me.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I wish an antenna, any antenna, would pick up something at my house. Not that I'd get the Suns games with it but it would be nice to have a local channel of two. Anyway, I'm streaming only (no cable or sat) but this is the first season since League Pass came out that I'm considering not buying it which would mean, no games for me.
Come on, Steve. You can't go without Suns games. Especially this season. League Pass is only $99 now.

It is crazy how many channels I get OTA. You would love it. Lot's of old-time TV shows. I also went full streaming for the first time ever after 30+ something years of satellite. I have YouTube TV in addition to OTA. Between the two I won't miss a game and I'm paying half of what I used to pay for satellite.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, Steve. You can't go without Suns games. Especially this season. League Pass is only $99 now.

It is crazy how many channels I get OTA. You would love it. Lot's of old-time TV shows. I also went full streaming for the first time ever after 30+ something years of satellite. I have YouTube TV in addition to OTA. Between the two I won't miss a game and I'm paying half of what I used to pay for satellite.
I don't mind spending the money, it's just that it seems like every year I become a little less interested in watching sports. And I'm not sure I have it in me to sit through another Suns season like last year. I hope/expect it will be much better but I was hoping/expecting that same thing when the last season started. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm more invested in the teams I care about than the people that own, manage and play the games.

Maybe they'll win me over as the season progresses but right now, motivation is at an all time low for me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind spending the money, it's just that it seems like every year I become a little less interested in watching sports. And I'm not sure I have it in me to sit through another Suns season like last year. I hope/expect it will be much better but I was hoping/expecting that same thing when the last season started. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm more invested in the teams I care about than the people that own, manage and play the games.

Maybe they'll win me over as the season progresses but right now, motivation is at an all time low for me.

What are the Suns without Steve? Talking about the Suns wouldn't be the same.

I understand the antenna thing because they don't work for me either. This is why I am still with DirecTV unless they price me out of the market.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the Suns without Steve? Talking about the Suns wouldn't be the same.

I understand the antenna thing because they don't work for me either. This is why I am still with DirecTV unless they price me out of the market.

You don’t need DirecTV to get the NBA package. You can get it thru Amazon or directly from NBA.com app.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all about getting the local channels for me because I can get the Suns and Cardinals using them in Arizona.

A lot of the streaming services do not offer all the local channels. I could get the Suns games directly through "Live Suns" if I had too.

There are tradeoffs when one looks at all the options.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jusuf Nurkic didn't make the trip because of the injured finger.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all about getting the local channels for me because I can get the Suns and Cardinals using them in Arizona.

A lot of the streaming services do not offer all the local channels. I could get the Suns games directly through "Live Suns" if I had too.

There are tradeoffs when one looks at all the options.
Gotcha.

I had to cut the DirecTV chord once the NFL ticket was gone. Just wayyyyy too much money and was paying for a bunch of apps anyway.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha.

I had to cut the DirecTV chord once the NFL ticket was gone. Just wayyyyy too much money and was paying for a bunch of apps anyway.

I'm doing satellite through DirecTV and I haven't found the same value for the money elsewhere, that's why I'm here.

Getting all the local channels is the pivotal reason.

Once one enters into the streaming world, all the options change, but I still end up better where I'm at... all said and done.

Individual circumstances are usually the decider.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake