Suns @ Mavericks 12-14-15

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh yes, coaching. Definitely coaching. Clearly coaching.

Zero adjustments made throughout the game. So yes coaching. Definitely coaching. Clearly coaching. Precisely, coaching.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hornacek completely out coached by Carlisle again.

This game was a replay of the first game of the season. Close in the 1st half and then destroyed in the 3rd QTR.

What bothers me the most is that the Mavericks cut off the 3 point shot and the Suns fail to take advantage until the deep bench comes into the game. Booker not playing is perplexing.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What bothers me the most is that the Mavericks cut off the 3 point shot and the Suns fail to take advantage until the deep bench comes into the game. Booker not playing is perplexing.

It is, which makes me think there's a soon to be understood reason for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad others are noticing what I have seen for a long time... coaching may be the most significant problem with the Suns.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weems did his patented 'drive to the baseline' move a little earlier.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That long stretch with Tucker and Price in at the same time absolutely killed us.

Also, Goodwin plays like he is on PCP. Just barreling into the lane praying for a call.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great pass from Goodwin to Warren for the and1.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench is excited to play. I like the energy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That long stretch with Tucker and Price in at the same time absolutely killed us.

Also, Goodwin plays like he is on PCP. Just barreling into the lane praying for a call.

I get that they're impact guys, but only for so long. Not in long stretches.

Rotations are a little weird tonight, just when it seemed like the players were getting settled in.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm glad others are noticing what I have seen for a long time... coaching may be the most significant problem with the Suns.

Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. I have no idea what the problem is. Or, more accurately, I have a bunch of ideas but they are no better than wild guesses.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the refs like dumb-aces after some of these reviews.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dirk gets some wonky calls, checking to see if this clean block should be a flagrant.

NBA refs are the worst.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I was being sarcastic. I have no idea what the problem is. Or, more accurately, I have a bunch of ideas but they are no better than wild guesses.

Call it a wild guess for me but I think coaching is an issue.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Goodwin. If your one move is "crash into the rim praying for a call" you better be able to hit a free throw.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't have a problem with the philosophies employed out there on offense and defense, but there are certain lineups that are regularly getting us killed. And yes, that is on the coaching.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the philosophies employed out there on offense and defense, but there are certain lineups that are regularly getting us killed. And yes, that is on the coaching.

Rotations are a problem no doubt. I would like for the Suns to develop a quick passing game and a defense they can rely upon when the offense is struggling.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

In general I agree. I don't know if it's on Jeff or if his hands are tied to some degree. I'd feel a lot better about our questionable rotations if they resulted in extra minutes for the younger players but unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In general I agree. I don't know if it's on Jeff or if his hands are tied to some degree. I'd feel a lot better about our questionable rotations if they resulted in extra minutes for the younger players but unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

I think we will find out soon when personnel changes are made. If the Suns FO is patient, Hornacek will have the rest of the season to prove his worth.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we will find out soon when personnel changes are made. If the Suns FO is patient, Hornacek will have the rest of the season to prove his worth.

If the Suns FO was patient they would have extended Jeff's contract and given him a mandate to develop the young players instead of dangling playoff hope to the fans.

I don't know if Jeff is a good coach or not but I'm pretty sure he could have helped these young players learn how to fit into the league. But the fans probably wouldn't have liked that approach any more than Sarver would have. It's too bad though because not making the playoffs is the likely result of any approach this season. And lame duck coaches don't usually fare well in the NBA or so I've heard.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mavs didn't help off our shooters and yet Hornacek never made an adjustment to counter this.

Warren plays fantastic in the 4th when he's finally given good playing time and yet he barely for any minutes in the 1st 3 quarters when the Suns were down 15-20 pts.

Like seriously, I don't think Hornacek knows what consistent rotations mean. His rotations are different every single game and the players have to be pissed not knowing their role or knowing when they get put into the game and not knowing when they get pulled.

We have players who are probably trying to just play mistake free because of this since their looking over the shoulder to see when/if Hornacek is pulling them from the game.

McD's biggest mistake was probably Hornacek and it may end up being a mistake big enough to get fired as well.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Its playoffs or bust for him I think. At least it should be considering that's what the expectation for the team was (said by the him, the players, McD etc) after they brought in Tyson, Mirza and resigned Knight to that fat extension.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake