Suns Off-season Thread

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Well, someone was an idiot for the way that the Stix situation was handled. I am less inclined to blame Jones because he was the most invested in having that pick work out... it's on his record.

Monty clearly didn't give him enough of a chance before the decision was made to not pick up his option... which is another indicator to me that Monty is both stubborn and single minded in how he coaches. Guys like Shamet and Payne get playing time no matter how bad they look, and other guys rot on the bench no matter how good they play when they get the chance.

And we all know how Sarver has historically handled making personnel decisions when any extra expense was on the line. So you can take your pick of whose call it was that the situation played out as badly for the Suns as it did. But I certainly can't see Jones making that call without pressure from either or both of the others.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oh to much pressure playing at home huh. Glad to see he’s so up beat about it

Yeah I’m good with trading this dude.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That said, it’s interesting to me that bridges seemed to have almost zero expert insight into what happened. He essentially just described the series as any of us would have who watched it. That was a whole lotta chatter with little actual substance.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol

Reading your comments and watching the video lead me thinking you watched a different video.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man you’re pretty emotional about everything. You’re ready to fire monty and trade everyone except Ayton.

I’ve said trade Ayton and proposed numerous trades on this board since the season ended.

This team needs a culture change. when I see a guy smiling and laughing about how they played in game 7 talking about how the home crowd got to them That’s alarming.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dude it's the offseason. What exactly do you want him to do cry?

It is what it is, can't go back in time and change things at this point.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude it's the offseason. What exactly do you want him to do cry?

It is what it is, can't go back in time and change things at this point.

Oh no he shouldn’t be crying at all. He balled out and did his part 10 ppg, 4 rpg and played super lock down defense in 7 games against the Mavs.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve said trade Ayton and proposed numerous trades on this board since the season ended.

This team needs a culture change. when I see a guy smiling and laughing about how they played in game 7 talking about how the home crowd got to them That’s alarming.
The home crowd “sigh” is totally lame. That said, this is their job. Yes, they take it seriously and they want to win, but they probably have losing in better perspective than us fans, for whom winning and losing is purely emotional. I won’t hold it against bridges that his season is over, it ended poorly and he’s shifted into offseason mode. He’s a pretty fierce competitor - not an overly showy guy, but dude takes the hardest defensive assignment every night and plays full out for ridiculous minutes. I’m sure when he laces them up again in the fall he will want redemption.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh no he shouldn’t be crying at all. He balled out and did his part 10 ppg, 4 rpg and played super lock down defense in 7 games against the Mavs.
Man, it sucked. Time to let it go and see what they do next. Or I guess you can just continue to be angry at all of them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are hanging in there Devin. It's not been easy. Hoping for a good off season.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I liked the teal tribal jerseys and hope they make the cut!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know sometimes I laugh or smile inappropriately, because otherwise I would cry, or worse, kick some undeserving persons ass that just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time....... I think I am getting too old, or just wise enough to skip the kick someone's ass part now.

Sometimes you have to smile, cuz that's all you got left....

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be better if the Suns front office wasn't more tight lipped than the Pentagon.

I was over it, halftime game 7. **** happens.

Isn't that the truth!

I grew to be a fan in the era when fans were included in a lot of their doings.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think social media and transparency would be great too. However, I watch Manchester United in the Premier Soccer League. They are such a bad franchise right now, that I honestly think they are way TOO transparent. Sometimes their truthful explanation of decisions, you almost think, man I was just hoping that was an honest mistake. I didn't need to know they honestly felt THAT decision was the correct course of action!! :cry:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth!

Yep, when Jerry was running things there were very few questions. We all knew at the start of the season or free agency exactly what/who they were shooting for.
Most of us could guess with great accuracy what would unfold before it even happened.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, when Jerry was running things there were very few questions. We all knew at the start of the season or free agency exactly what/who they were shooting for.
Most of us could guess with great accuracy what would unfold before it even happened.

I can understand keeping personnel moves quiet but I'd like to see more fan activities involving the draft, preparation for summer league, training camp and sharing team goals. Fans want to feel like they are part of the organization. This is one of the reasons Cotton was remembered so fondly.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I can understand keeping personnel moves quiet but I'd like to see more fan activities involving the draft, preparation for summer league, training camp and sharing team goals. Fans want to feel like they are part of the organization. This is one of the reasons Cotton was remembered so fondly.
They traded away all our picks this season.... :cry:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They traded away all our picks this season.... :cry:

Yes. However, the Suns seem actively involved in the draft process. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a trade for a pick.

If not, we could bring Amare back as one of our draft picks. :wink2:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. However, the Suns seem actively involved in the draft process. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a trade for a pick.

If not, we could bring Amare back as one of our draft picks. :wink2:

No, this is the year we finally bring over Milos Vujanic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, this is the year we finally bring over Milos Vujanic.

Milos is only 41, yet to reach his prime. :cool:

I was referring to the draft when the Suns didn't have a first round pick, they told the fans in attendance at the draft party Amare was their first round pick.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Milos is only 41, yet to reach his prime. :cool:

I was referring to the draft when the Suns didn't have a first round pick, they told the fans in attendance at the draft party Amare was their first round pick.

Well following that logic then Saric can be our pick this year. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the truth!

I think information was so limited that we thought we were getting the full story. Also I think our PR people were better but I don't recall ever feeling like I got the full story on injuries and the like.

I never heard a word about why the Kings upset us and I heard very little (at the time) about why Dennis Johnson was being traded and so on. But now, thanks to sports forums and social media, we tend to expect a constant flow of data.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think information was so limited that we thought we were getting the full story. Also I think our PR people were better but I don't recall ever feeling like I got the full story on injuries and the like.

I never heard a word about why the Kings upset us and I heard very little (at the time) about why Dennis Johnson was being traded and so on. But now, thanks to sports forums and social media, we tend to expect a constant flow of data.

At least fans had the opportunity to question coaches directly on sports radio. It may not have been the complete picture but it was something.

I agree the PR seemed better back then. Maybe part of that was the way Jerry Colangelo operated.

Also the "high speed" sports wire couldn't be beat.

"Hacksaw" says hi. :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05