Suns open Summer League in Las Vegas, July 13th, 2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, Dunn scores on a close-in shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One can't help but like Oso because he plays smart. He reminds me a bit of Cam Johnson for some reason, except the shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even in summer league, the Suns get dominated on the boards.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
ESPN says two steals and two blocked shots. I haven't noticed any blocks by the Suns. Seems like the GS squad has made everything they shot!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dunn gets the steal. He will be better in team play because he can play defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least the Suns win both of their challenges. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see more of Tyson Walker.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Roddy has been absolutely garbage. Let 3 or 4 backdoor cuts for dunks/fouls behind him, turned the ball over constantly, blocked on 2 or 3 different shots and bricked the rest.

Nothing redeeming for him this game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did anyone see anything exciting? The Oso dunk in quarter one was awesome. Dunn showed some skills junking up the passing lanes and getting some steals. Lots of turn overs for the Summer League team just like the main club. :(

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some stats from the game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see anything exciting? The Oso dunk in quarter one was awesome. Dunn showed some skills junking up the passing lanes and getting some steals. Lots of turn overs for the Summer League team just like the main club. :(

Those two overturned calls were it.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think Oso will play better with the regular team. Screens and DHOs with Book/Beal is a lot different than ones from David Roddy or Devoe.

Dunn looked pretty good on the defensive end with good pressure on the ball, but he's reaching a lot. He'll get called for a lot of fouls if he continues to do that, just needs to keep shuffling his feet and keep his hands up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was hard to watch, but I think the Warriors won the California league, whatever that may be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was that one half court shot that hit the top of the backboard and went in if the referees had counted it. That would have been exciting for the Suns.

It was all net afterward.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Dunn's D is really good. Besides from the 3 steals, his presence forced at least 2 other TOs. He blocked a TJD shot and disrupted several others including that one on Plowden which was called foul initially but successfully challenged by Suns.
Suns problem was lack of good PG play, not many sussessful cuts, and bad at delivering lob passes. They were forced to take many 3pt shots with bricks. Dunn was the only bright spot in the whole.