Suns Sign New Free-TV Deal

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird. I watched it on AZ Family on Youtube TV.
No you didn't. You watched channel 3. They just labeled it that in the corner of the screen because all games are shown on that channel and they don't have to change the graphic.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
This new TV deal sounds great if you live in the valley, but now it sounds like I'm going to have to cast from phone to TV, which is a bummer. Hopefully azfamily can get a tv app here soon...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This new TV deal sounds great if you live in the valley, but now it sounds like I'm going to have to cast from phone to TV, which is a bummer. Hopefully azfamily can get a tv app here soon...

Or just extra tablet with hdmi cable to tv.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No you didn't. You watched channel 3. They just labeled it that in the corner of the screen because all games are shown on that channel and they don't have to change the graphic.
I am new to Valley TV. Isn't channel 3 the same as AZFamily? :shrug:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm confused. They list the two the same on a search.

You must be registered for see images attach

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AZ Family is the name given to a group of channels owned by broadcaster Gray Television. The channels are 3, 5, 44, all of their sub channels and online sites. AZ Family Sports is 44, but that is the branding for the network even if games are showing on 3.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
AZ Family is the name given to a group of channels owned by broadcaster Gray Television. The channels are 3, 5, 44, all of their sub channels and online sites. AZ Family Sports is 44, but that is the branding for the network even if games are showing on 3.
I'm not following. Is it AZ Family? I can't fins channel 44, but I can find channel 3. So if it's a family of channels, and I watched it on one of those channels, what did I not watch it on AzFamily?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not following. Is it AZ Family? I can't fins channel 44, but I can find channel 3. So if it's a family of channels, and I watched it on one of those channels, what did I not watch it on AzFamily?

Think of it like Fox. There's Fox 10, Fox Sports, Fox News, Fox Finance, etc. They're all Fox channels. AZ Family is the parent company and isn't 1 individual channel.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Think of it like Fox. There's Fox 10, Fox Sports, Fox News, Fox Finance, etc. They're all Fox channels. AZ Family is the parent company and isn't 1 individual channel.
I get that. What I don't get was I was originally told it wasn't AZ Family. I don't understand why it isn't?

Proximo said:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that. What I don't get was I was originally told it wasn't AZ Family. I don't understand why it isn't?

Proximo said:

Channel 3 will be showing the majority of Suns games. A dozen or so will only be on AZ Family Sports, channel 44 which also airs Phoenix Rising and Mercury games. Gray TV wants to build their local sports network, AZFS and its brand, but the Suns likely wanted more exposure than just channel 44 could provide alone so they negotiated the majority of games to be on their more widely distributed and stronger signaled channel 3.

It's similar to ABC and ESPN who are both owned by Disney. ABC will air college football games and will call it ESPN on ABC. Channel 3 is airing Suns games with all of the AZFS production and branding.

Most cable and streaming services provide access to channel 3, but not all have added 44 yet, but that is reportedly in the works.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As family sports is ch44 and is the channel all games are shown

Az family is channel 3, it’s where most games will be simulcast. Apparently deals are in the works to get the sports channel added so all games will be available on the cable packages, not just most of them.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I bought an antennae with a power booster. It did not work with the antennae alone or boosted. My TV had a message saying I needed to contact customer service if my antennae didn't work. It said it didn't sense an antennae, but then gave me that message?

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bought an antennae with a power booster. It did not work with the antennae alone or boosted. My TV had a message saying I needed to contact customer service if my antennae didn't work. It said it didn't sense an antennae, but then gave me that message?

That's odd. If you live in the valley a paper clip should pick up a handful of channels. It sounds like you may have an issue with your internal tuner or other hardware.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Stream Suns Live on the new PHX Live Connected TV app!

Now available on Roku, Android TV, and Apple TV devices! Samsung TV and Amazon Fire TV coming soon.

➡️ Subscribe: bit.ly/3FlgQDs”
That should quell many of the complaints about Suns Live. Just in time for the season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trying to watch on the app. I did the trial. Paid. Now I’m stuck in a loop of trying to watch and pay.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trying to watch on the app. I did the trial. Paid. Now I’m stuck in a loop of trying to watch and pay.
I tried to watch the game for free on the app last week, but??? I guess I'm just too old to understand these things and how it works. Couldn't get it to work, got mad and deleted the app.:mad:. What else is new?:rolleyes:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tried to watch the game for free on the app last week, but??? I guess I'm just too old to understand these things and how it works. Couldn't get it to work, got mad and deleted the app.:mad:. What else is new?:rolleyes:

There is no free app. Its free with an antenna. The AZ Family app isn't able to stream the channel.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You don't get the local channels in Flagstaff? I'm getting the games on 3TV.