Suns sign Piatkowski

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't he nicknamed the polished rifle or something like that?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking at the FA options the Suns are looking at, I would have rather gambled with two weak draft picks and some veteran free agents signed to the minimum and some summer league prospects.

IMO, a two year guaranteed contract for Piatkowski is very questionable.

This is getting sad. :sad:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
After looking at the FA options the Suns are looking at, I would have rather gambled with two weak draft picks and some veteran free agents signed to the minimum and some summer league prospects.

IMO, a two year guaranteed contract for Piatkowski is very questionable.

This is getting sad. :sad:

:thumbup:

:(

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat Burke part deux

Even if this guy is healthy, the only way he gets off the bench is during garbage time.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I only like this if we move james jones, who seems like a nice guy and works hard, but just is completely unreliable in every way possible. He should replace jones at the end of the bench for some spot minutes, not be a consistent part of the rotation.

That allows us to still get hunter, and a solid big guy. I know some people are looking at hunter's points and assists, don't. He will be brought for one primary reason, defense. There were times this year where he was detroit's best perim defender, and that's saying something. He was the only guy who caused wade any problems, and they even threw him on a much bigger lebron to try and slow him down.

If hunter is here, he is here for 3 reasons, play point for about 10 mins, and more importantly jason terry and tony parker during the playoffs.

However, if it is just piatkowski/hunter, and no bigs, I have no idea what D'Antoni is doing. Kurt thomas alone is not enough of a defense presence in the interior.... and no amare doesn't count since he was very poor defensively before the injury, no reason for him to get any better now.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
These two year deals are going to kill us. How much you wanna bet that we have to give up a pick to ditch ski next year?

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
We're not going to have to give up a pick to ditch one year of a veteran minimum salary. FFS get control of yourselves people.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Pat Burke part deux

Even if this guy is healthy, the only way he gets off the bench is during garbage time.

he is not pat burke he is more like fred hoiberg without the hustle. he is all set threes that is it. he is house's replacement in the launch department.

I remember him back at the 1993 desert classic winning the 3 point contest at AWA over headache smith.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Folster said:
These two year deals are going to kill us. How much you wanna bet that we have to give up a pick to ditch ski next year?

bank on it. I told you guys when we traded JJ we wont see those picks, we already dumped one of them.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
he is not pat burke he is more like fred hoiberg without the hustle. he is all set threes that is it. he is house's replacement in the launch department.

I remember him back at the 1993 desert classic winning the 3 point contest at AWA over headache smith.
I'm not comparing him to Pat Burke the player, rather Pat Burke the benchwarmer (only plays in blowouts).

Piatkowski will be 36 by the time the season starts. He hasn't had a meaningful bench role since '02-'03. I really hope he's not House's replacement.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I'm not comparing him to Pat Burke the player, rather Pat Burke the benchwarmer (only plays in blowouts).

Piatkowski will be 36 by the time the season starts. He hasn't had a meaningful bench role since '02-'03. I really hope he's not House's replacement.

I know, but I like to twist facts to my favor to make my point.

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
All he will have to do is to stay in the corner and launch all those threes. With Amare in the paint he will get as many open looks as he needs. I hope it doesn't mean we are going to shop James Jones.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This isn't going to make or break our championship chances, but it will be nice to have a guy who is almost an automatic 3-point shot on the floor, if only for 10 minutes a night. Who else do we have that is that automatic just by standing there?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
This isn't going to make or break our championship chances, but it will be nice to have a guy who is almost an automatic 3-point shot on the floor, if only for 10 minutes a night. Who else do we have that is that automatic just by standing there?

According to Coro they aren't even expecting him to play that much.

"He'll have shoot his way on to get playing time"

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
According to Coro they aren't even expecting him to play that much.

"He'll have shoot his way on to get playing time"

I agree, this whole season depends on amare. KT scares me also.

Nash

Reaction score
36 years? Our new bench player looks like this?
You must be registered for see images attach

Errntknght

Reaction score
"This isn't going to make or break our championship chances, but it will be nice to have a guy who is almost an automatic 3-point shot on the floor, if only for 10 minutes a night."

At 39.9% career from 3, and falling off, isn't he less automatic than Nash, Barbs and Bell?

"Who else do we have that is that automatic just by standing there?"

Well, okay, if can just stand there and doesn't have to shoot the ball to be automatic, I guess you're right...

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
I wish we sign Macijauskas instead of him. Rumors say that he is going back to Europe (Panathinaikos). What a shame - he is great shooter who could easily fit into Suns offense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05