Suns To Blow it Up?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No--more--smallball!
OT: I'm more than halfway thru SSOL(the book) and my views on DA as a coach haven't changed much yet.
-I do give DA more credit for translating the mental mindset of certain opponents to his players,he was very intelligent in matters such as this.
-The stubborn arrogance and country club atmosphere still makes me sick at times...
-DA can't explain his teams fatigue during the CLIPPERS series?:lol:
[full objective review of the book to come later,bet some of you can't wait for that!;)]

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
No--more--smallball!
OT: I'm more than halfway thru SSOL(the book) and my views on DA as a coach haven't changed much yet.
-I do give DA more credit for translating the mental mindset of certain opponents to his players,he was very intelligent in matters such as this.
-The stubborn arrogance and country club atmosphere still makes me sick at times...
-DA can't explain his teams fatigue during the CLIPPERS series?:lol:
[full objective review of the book to come later,bet some of you can't wait for that!;)]

the full objective review is very likely not possible with you. Im suprised you'd even claim to be able to give one.

bill pear

Reaction score
alonzo mourning would close up the middle and get you through this season, he can outrun shaq and contest shots, play the pick and roll, shoot a higher free throw percentage, it may take a month for him to get into shape but by the end of march early april he would be blocking shots and the suns would be ready to challenge the spurs and lakers. plus he could get you 10 points and 6-8 boards a game too. this is all you need to close up the middle.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the full objective review is very likely not possible with you. Im suprised you'd even claim to be able to give one.
Likewise. Find me one post out of your 3,700 where you even hinted at possibly being wrong about anything or displayed anything objective at the expense of your strong beliefs in the former HC & his philosophy.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Likewise. Find me one post out of your 3,700 where you even hinted at possibly being wrong about anything or displayed anything objective at the expense of your strong beliefs in the former HC & his philosophy.

The difference is that I am not claiming objectivity about my team, just opinion. I doubt any sports fan can be truly objective about their team. I know that and you apparently dont.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
The difference is that I am not claiming objectivity about my team, just opinion. I doubt any sports fan can be truly objective about their team. I know that and you apparently dont.

mojo wrote about offering an objective review of a book, not the team.

nowagimp

Reaction score
mojo wrote about offering an objective review of a book, not the team.

Yeah, but he comments on the books interpretations of DAntonis skills. If he wants to review the book for its entertainment value or writing style that might be objective, but as far as evaluating it for accuracy, now you have an objectivity problem.

here you go

No--more--smallball!
-DA can't explain his teams fatigue during the CLIPPERS series?
You must be registered for see images

[full objective review of the book to come later,bet some of you can't wait for that!

Yeah I cant wait to see how you can wring some objectivity in the "full review" starting from this post. Critical reviews take expertise in the subject matter and the ability to be impartial. One of the posters who would appear to have the most difficulty being objective from the negative side, it might be mojo. There are also many, including myself, that would have trouble from the positive side. But then I am not claiming objectivity am I? Objectivity on an eval of DA or the SSOL would be better from a neutral observer, not a frustrated or homer suns fan.

If he wants to evaluate the writing or entertainment value, I am fine with that, but I doubt many here would be interested.

nowagimp

Reaction score
You can't expect nowagimp to know that. What's he supposed to do, read someone else's post carefully?

Yep, I also tune out/off when I have a CD that skips. Much of this just sounds like a broken record, same ol same ol.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you like the Suns current prototype? Mouthing good defense won't win games. I say a good coach uses the talent he has to his advantage. I think the Suns should have kept the old offensive system and just tried to add good defensive players when available.

No I don't. However, that doesn't mean we should go back to another previous prototype that didn't work either. The Suns were horrible defenders in the old system as well. Even though the answer might not be Porter and his current system...it sure as hell isn't the old system either.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05