Suns trade for Beal

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean Beale for Shamet and a Mid Level Exception Player to be Named Later is a steal. CP was not staying, Its Isbia's $ not mine.
Yeah but we will be able to do nothing with the roster for the next 3 years. i Wish Beal had a better injury history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other teams are floored the Suns pulled off this trade.

It is essentially a salary dump although I hope the Wizards can get assets for Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other teams are floored the Suns pulled off this trade.

2nd rounders are statistically beyond crap shoot unless you are filling the end of the bench. I am shocked as well. The only thing I can think of is the Wizards thought his injury history would prevent them from getting anything fantastic. It's kind of dumb to think they could get a KD package for Beal.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
If ATL is really moving on from Dejounte Murray that could be a Ayton trade, but I think Ayton stays now

PHX gets : Murray, Capela
ATL gets: Ayton
This is what i want, play Beale or Book at the 3 and KD at the 4 - small but man, Capela going to get a lot of lobs

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes no sense unless the Clippers are sending back expiring contracts. I thought the Wizards were making the trade to clear cap space and get out from that contract. If they take regular contracts back to equal Chris's they are not accomplishing that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This makes no sense unless the Clippers are sending back expiring contracts. I thought the Wizards were making the trade to clear cap space and get out from that contract. If they take regular contracts back to equal Chris's they are not accomplishing that.

The Wizards might be interested in a young player like Bones Hyland.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think they mean WAS have right to swap picks if PHX picks are some how higher than theirs. If WAS ends up with #1 pick they ain't swapping with PHX.
I know... I was just joking. I guess it was too hip for the room. ;)

In any case, the swaps are VERY highly likely to be moot, as there is an infinitesimal chance the Wizards are better than the Suns in '24 or even '26.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amazing thing, the Suns still have Deandre Ayton to trade or keep.
It makes trading Ayton easier too. Instead of betting you can get the house for him, your trade can be focused on getting a quality big and bench depth. Your PG position is taken care of now.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Possibly but that is assuming that is even feasible. I am just stunned the Suns pulled this off.
Yeah. I just got done crapping on Suns fans for unrealistic trade scenarios for Paul and Ayton. Whoops! It really comes down to that no trade clause. Beal had all the leverage. We won't see one of those handed out again ever.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It makes trading Ayton easier too. Instead of betting you can get the house for him, your trade can be focused on getting a quality big and bench depth. Your PG position is taken care of now.

Suddenly, the Suns have three stars and a center to anchor the middle defensively.

Now using veteran minimum players becomes a lot more feasible.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns traded Bridges, Johnson, Paul Crowder, Shamet, 1sts in 23, 25, 27, 29, swaps in 24, 26, 28, and 6 2nd round picks for Durant, Beal, and Warren.

Amazing!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Starters:
Ayton
Bazley
Durant
Beal
Booker

Now go get this bench for league minimums:
Thomas Bryant
Trey Lyles
Josh Richardson
Jaylen Nowell
Lonnie Walker
Reggie Jackson

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suddenly I feel a need for this song.

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing (Live At Knebworth)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This owner is gonna learn the hard and expensive way.

It's not unprecedented. Cuban went on a spending bonanza when he first acquired the Mavs. Ultimately those teams were unable to win a championship. Years later he moderated his team building style and was able to put a good enough supporting cast around Dirk to win one of the more impressive championships over the Heatles.