Suns Trade for Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
per Adrian Wojnarowski on twitter, Eric Bledsoe and Bulter for Dudley and 2 second round picks. Dudley to Clippers and picks go to the Bucks. JJ Redick also goes to the Clippers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like a log jam at PG, unless another deal is in the works.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trade makes us better but I don't see that it makes us good. I'm not sure what the goal is here but maybe there is more to come.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE that trade.

Bledsoe's ceiling is sky high.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BLAST!!!

We could have had a Bledsoe-McLemore backcourt?! That could have been straight up FILTHY for years.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOVE that trade.

Bledsoe's ceiling is sky high.

I agree, I love the kid and he needs to start from day 1, but Goran Dragic makes 7.5 million. That is a lot for a backup and then you have Kendall Marshall. Maybe when Houston unloads Lin, they would take Dragic back. ;)

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Love this trade for my Clippers. We needed shooters and we got them. I also get to keep following Bledsoe since I also keep tabs on the Suns. Good deal for both.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
And I'm back with this team. Bledsoe and Dragic is a good slashing backcourt with potential for growth. Great trade with no 1st round picks leaving.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am calling it now, Dragic in a sign and trade for OJ Mayo.

PG Bledsoe
SG Mayo
SF Butler
PW Scola
C Gortat/Len

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BLAST!!!

We could have had a Bledsoe-McLemore backcourt?! That could have been straight up FILTHY for years.

Dudley and two 2nd round picks is a steal so I can see it would be hard to pass up on this trade but unless there is more coming it's just going to put us in the lower half of the lottery.

Steve

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bledsoe was the most coveted PG made available and we got him.

Love this move

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Big time Bledsoe fan, see my posts from a year ago when I said we should try to get him.

Loved him in the draft already.

Not sure what will happen to Dragic though.

Guess our backcourt could be..

SG - Dragic/Goodwin
PG - Bledsoe/Marshall

This trade surely needs follow up trades... What to do with Butler and Scola? To be honest even Dragic does not really fit with Bledsoe on the team. Bledsoe is the PG of the future clearly.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sad to see Dudley go. But this is a pure "potential" trade that can look really, really good in a few years.

Dragic to SG is fine with me. (Manu) Let them both handle the ball. Could be hell for opposing defenses.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a trade for Eric Bledsoe. Caron Butler is an 8M dollar expiring contract. The Suns were keen on working out PGs before the draft. Something is going on there with Marshall or Dragic.

I like the trade. I wonder who is giving up the second round picks? Maybe Phoenix.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hey hey and just like that Im right back in on the Ryan McD train. Great move.

Dragic can play the 2 some, but he'll need to work on his 3 point shooting. It's always a good idea to stockpile young, athletic players. If they end up having to move Dragic down the road because Bledsoe breaks out, that's fine.

Also this means less/ no Kendall Marshall, hooray!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big time Bledsoe fan, see my posts from a year ago when I said we should try to get him.

Loved him in the draft already.

Not sure what will happen to Dragic though.

Guess our backcourt could be..

SG - Dragic/Goodwin
PG - Bledsoe/Marshall

This trade surely needs follow up trades... What to do with Butler and Scola? To be honest even Dragic does not really fit with Bledsoe on the team. Bledsoe is the PG of the future clearly.

All four can be considered PGs. I don't care about labels. :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bucks got fleeced. Two 2nd round picks? Wow. That's something Blanks would've received in a trade like this.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First move in a while that I LOVE LOVE LOVE. Bledsoe is a fantastic young talent. Even though I like Dudley a lot I never thought we could extract this kind of value from him. An absolute steal of a trade.

I would imagine they will run a combo PG back court, Bledsoe is strong enough to cover either guard position and Dragic is at his best when he has a running mate with him at guard.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake